Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

Even my fucking snowblowers have E-start and one of those is a 1982 John Deere.  Watch the video posted in this thread to see how even the fucking Lester's like SHOT.

JD Blower.jpg

Nice JD snowblower....but forgive I have to ask.....what is that pile of fuck in the background?  :lol: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Can we get back to superchargers, please?

I think everyone has beat to death the whole 600-aint-no-850 horse.  

Being a fire truck operator, I can understand the whole centrifugal -vs- positive displacement pump stuff a lot better than the the turbo dark arts (getting power out of thin air, ffs - if that isn't a dark art, I don't know what is).

A supercharger is a belt driven turbo. The compressor section of both are identical. A supercharger has several disadvantages to a turbo. There isn’t much reason to use a supercharger over a turbo although I’m sure they can be fun also. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A supercharger is a belt driven turbo. The compressor section of both are identical. A supercharger has several disadvantages to a turbo. There isn’t much reason to use a supercharger over a turbo although I’m sure they can be fun also. 

No lag with a supercharger.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice JD snowblower....but forgive I have to ask.....what is that pile of fuck in the background?  :lol: 

JD Spitfire?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Precisely how is former... fake? 

I need some clarity on this? 

You drive a Sclade... so shall I assume you are a drug dealer or pro athlete? 

Being civil... ;)

well if you really are a former cop then I take it all back :bc:

If not go fuck yourself :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No lag with a properly sized turbo either. 

Sure there is. You can reduce it. But there will always be lag with a single turbo set up.

Edited by Steve753

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Instant torque.  On a truck a SC is WAY more fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Sorry, I wasn't supposed to leak that and forgot the cover was off.  It's the new catalyst with big bore engine option.

Actually it's a rat sled built out of a 1970 Johnson wide track chassis.  Kohler one lunger with a Scorpion drive.  When I bought it a couple years back I had grand visions of riding it in the local vintage runs but just do not have the time.  Sold it a couple of weeks ago.  It's now in the Yoop with the Yeti. 

The skull talks when you braap the throttle.  More innovation in this rat then anything cat has put out over the last 10 years. 

20220925_115201.jpg

20220925_115235.jpg

20220925_115241.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Sorry, I wasn't supposed to leak that and forgot the cover was off.  It's the new catalyst with big bore engine option.

Actually it's a rat sled built out of a 1970 Johnson wide track chassis.  Kohler one lunger with a Scorpion drive.  When I bought it a couple years back I had grand visions of riding it in the local vintage runs but just do not have the time.  Sold it a couple of weeks ago.  It's now in the Yoop with the Yeti. 

The skull talks when you braap the throttle.  More innovation in this rat then anything cat has put out over the last 10 years. 

20220925_115201.jpg

20220925_115235.jpg

20220925_115241.jpg

Thought it looked like one of "Rampages" sleds.

14 minutes ago, jdsky said:

20220925_115201.jpg

20220925_115235.jpg

20220925_115241.jpg

Jesus if that thing actually runs I give ya credit....she's pretty rough.  Like roughest I think I've ever seen.  Common household light switches ae a nice touch.  :lol: 

10 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Thought it looked like one of "Rampages" sleds.

It is.  I bought it from Brian a couple years ago.  The amount of time he has in his projects is incredible.  I appreciate the fact that he is the anti-restorer and comes up with some genius stuff.

Couple more fun things about the rat.  The hood is fabricated from old Ford truck fenders.  The door mat snow flap is a vintage item he borrowed from someone's front porch and yes it runs.

Edited by jdsky
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, jdsky said:

It is.  I bought it from Brian a couple years ago.  The amount of time he has in his projects is incredible.  I appreciate the fact that he is the anti-restorer and comes up with some genius stuff.

Couple more fun things about the rat.  The hood is fabricated from old Ford truck fenders.  The door mat snow flap is a vintage item he borrowed from someone's front porch and yes it runs.

Absolutely.  He definitely comes up with some pretty cool stuff. I do like how he uses what he has rather than buying new parts.

• Like 1