Check your account email address ×

New Tech From Cat 2024

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

shall I post all my pictures of friends with dead batteries I taught to start their sleds off the primary.... rather than loan them a pair of jumper cables? 

I mean really... no recoil?  Even cheap junk Polaris sleds with estart come with a fucking recoil.  :lmao:

Yes post the pictures.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

:lol:

It's an ATV motor. I guess it's great if your just cruising around the farm checking fences. 

The motor in my Can Am didn't release until 2022.
It does 60MPH on GPS which is amazing for a 700 class engine.

Edited by stinkipinki

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's got 100 more cc, you'd think it would be faster.

Ohh it is.
And more importantly, nothing Polaris or Ski-Doo have out, will come anywhere near a 350HP 998.
The 998 came out 6, going on 7 years ago.

Please tell me again about how amazing the ETEC is...I'm so interested. :lol:

Edited by stinkipinki

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

Ohh it is.
And more importantly, nothing Polaris or Ski-Doo have out, will come anywhere near a 350HP 998.

Who cares.

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

That shut your fucking mouth didn't it?

Guys are pumping out 400+ hp with 900 sxs motor. Brp could easily put that motor in the Mach z. But why? To be 3rd in sales?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Battery tenders are cheap. Have yet to have a dead battery. Mind you until recently I've never kept sleds for more than 2 or 3 seasons.

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Battery tenders are cheap. Have yet to have a dead battery. Mind you until recently I've never kept sleds for more than 2 or 3 seasons.

true, and from my experience most Doo owners aren't very mechanically inclined. 

Here's some... most were on my old phone.  3 out of 4 that day, dead as a door nail. 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/42353-skidoo-two-strokes-have-no-pull-start/&do=findComment&comment=1291191

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

true, and from my experience most Doo owners aren't very mechanically inclined. 

Here's some... most were on my old phone.  3 out of 4 that day, dead as a door nail. 

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/42353-skidoo-two-strokes-have-no-pull-start/&do=findComment&comment=1291191a

Funny you say that. I've found most AC guys aren't mechanically inclined. Usually they're new to sledding and bought a cat because it was cheaper than a doo or Poo and don't know fuck all.

22 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The motor in my Can Am didn't release until 2022.
It does 60MPH on GPS which is amazing for a 700 class engine.

HD7 650. 52hp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Funny you say that. I've found most AC guys aren't mechanically inclined. Usually they're new to sledding and bought a cat because it was cheaper than a doo or Poo and don't know fuck all.

I find most people in society aren't very mechanically inclined these days.

Oh, Doo riders are also short... like munchkins or oompah loompahs ;)

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I find most people in society aren't very mechanically inclined these days.

Oh, Doo riders are also short... like munchkins or oompah loompahs ;)

Nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Nonsense. 

no, I've written it... I mean read it many times on the internet.  :roflcrying: 

Polaris riders and Big Turbo 4S owners are also generally obese, have high cholesterol and have ticking time bombs in their chests.  ;)

34 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ohh it is.

You have been schooled on this repeatedly you dumbfuck retard. Probably cost $7500 to get a 998 to 350hp. Why do you continue to babble about shit you’re clueless on you stupid motherfucker. 

I like the Doo 850...its a solid machine...the MXZ-X is said to hit 115mph or so.
Hell I'd consider one if I got a deal on it, but I really want a 18+ 998 137 or 141.

But when you use the words top of class or world class, you gotta back it up.
Sled engines, of all makes, still have lots of room for improvement.
The most important one, mpg.

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I like the Doo 850...its a solid machine...the MXZ-X is said to hit 115mph or so.
Hell I'd consider one if I got a deal on it, but I really want a 18+ 998 137 or 141.

But when you use the words top of class or world class, you gotta back it up.
Sled engines, of all makes, still have lots of room for improvement.
The most important one, mpg.

You get dumber by the post. BTW, you said that there are more Doo's and Poo's that have caught fire. Why is it that the numbers are higher?

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

BRP 2S's don't come standard with a recoil.  

Why? 

:roflcrying::stoned:

Even my fucking snowblowers have E-start and one of those is a 1982 John Deere.  Watch the video posted in this thread to see how even the fucking Lester's like SHOT.

JD Blower.jpg

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

The ETEC is "advanced" for BRP, its below average for someone like Yamaha. Its power, mod potential and reliability are anything but advanced. Try again brand humper.

And Yamaha is not Cat.  You were stating Cat was the leader.  So far Cat has made a decent 600 and failure 800's.  The rest aren't their motors.  Hell the best selling Cat in percentage of market share has a Yamaha kiddie motor in it.

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Now that is a conversation worth having. I'd put my money on a 880-920 cc twin, with an optional turbo. Cat are very aware that, this mill needs to be dominant, reliable and efficient. 

They did so well with their last big bore 2 stroke and you want them to add a turbo?  That'll be a fail.

53 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ohh it is.

Again, not Cat.  You do realize that the 998 doesn't fit in the Catalyst right?  Tells you the future of that partnership...

Either way, you claimed Cat is the leader yet ALL that you can come up with is that they made the Alpharail.  What a fucking leader that is!!

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, I've written it... I mean read it many times on the internet.  :roflcrying: 

Polaris riders and Big Turbo 4S owners are also generally obese, have high cholesterol and have ticking time bombs in their chests.  ;)

Here we go Boys ! 

The Fake Cop/SX Racer has spoken! :lol: