Check your account email address ×

Bill Maher trends on Twitter after getting slammed for being too 'right-wing': 'That smug face'

• Platinum Contributing Member

Priceless.  :lmao: Everything or nothing with the left.

Disagree with most of his politics but he recently has been saying a few things with a shred of common sense and they want to cancel him.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-trends-twitter-getting-slammed-being-right-wing-that-smug-face

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan said Maher was another example of a 'right-wing, reactionary white [man]'

The left on Twitter came out in force against comedian Bill Maher Tuesday, arguing that he was a "right-wing" culture warrior who made racist comments against minorities and had a "smug face," to boot.

"Bill Maher" trended Tuesday morning on the social media platform after CNN announced that Maher’s post-show segment, "Overtime," will air on Friday's during "CNN Tonight."

But even before Maher's deal with CNN became public, the comedian was already a punching bag for some on the left after he came out against "woke" education and accused environmentalist celebrities of hypocrisy.

Leftist and "Young Turks" host Cenk Uygur claimed that Maher was a culture warrior for the political right. 

"Bill Maher is actually perfect for CNN to be honest. False equivalencies, propping up right-wing culture war talking points, fighting for the status quo and that smug face. [Jake] Tapper might get jealous because he might be outsmugged."

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan depicted Maher as a racist. "Hmm. Bill Maher is obsessed with this idea that 'cancel culture is out of control.' Yet Maher himself just got a new CNN gig, despite saying outrageous things about Muslims, Arabs, and trans people; making crass jokes about Asians; & using the N-word on TV."

"Cancel culture?" Hasan asked. "Ok."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is not that Maher has gone right it is the fact that the left has gone so far left that Bill doesn't appear to be in his lane.

Yup, he's hasn't changed at all.

The left have completely lost their minds.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Bill Maher is now a Right Wing Trumper :lol:

Cenk Uygur is such a fucking idiot 

He goes on and on about race and past atrocities while ignoring the Armenian Genocide of 1915-16 which 1.5 million people were killed. 

The actual phrase "Young Turks" come from that time and were perpetrators of the genocide.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is not that Maher has gone right it is the fact that the left has gone so far left that Bill doesn't appear to be in his lane.

Yup. The North American left has simply lost it 

oh and cenk is an absolute retard 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I hope he gets even more popular like Rogan did. :lol:

Probably will, people got the angle on how nuts the left are 

Must i explain any further, I mean just look at this and you can figure it out how fucked they are

F4D6EA30-367E-4E4E-B9DE-310B3D3D3514.jpeg

Edited by toslow
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, toslow said:

Probably will, people got the angle on how nuts the left are 

Must i explain any further, I mean just look at this and you can figure it out how fucked they are

F4D6EA30-367E-4E4E-B9DE-310B3D3D3514.jpeg

You know, there's many more trying to pass of that exact look from the left.

:lol:

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Bill Maher is now a Right Wing Trumper :lol:

Anyone who calls out the woke liberal degeneracy is now labeled as such by the woke liberal brats.
All Maher says is the truth.
We are living in the most embarrassing time in USA history, thanks to entitled woke liberal brats who never experienced any accountability or discipline. 

• Like 2

Just now, stinkipinki said:

Anyone who calls out the woke liberal degeneracy is now labeled as such by the woke liberal brats.
All Maher says is the truth.
We are living in the most embarrassing time in USA history, thanks to entitled woke liberal brats who never experienced any accountability or discipline. 

Nah, this has gone global.  

Funny how easily the left will throw one of their own under the Greyhound. I certainly don't agree with Maher much but I can appreciate him being truthful to himself and having the strength to speak his own mind.

It was pretty humorous watching Uygur loosing his mind watching the 20 election results live. He was shitting on Pondesta and all the other shitheads at the DNC. I thought that he was going to stroke out!

Edited by J. Jackson