Check your account email address ×

Sleds towed in

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, HSR said:

Don't Cat guys just leave them on the trail to keep it secret? Just out of gas :news:

All my years of riding I can say I've only seen one dead Yamaha on the trail. Mostly Ski Doo. Cat an easy 2nd.

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

All my years of riding I can say I've only seen one dead Yamaha on the trail. Mostly Ski Doo. Cat an easy 2nd.

I rarely tow, have seen sleds towed or see them sitting on the side of the trail.

On top of that how often is it the sled or the person who rides/works on it. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I rarely tow, have seen sleds towed or see them sitting on the side of the trail.

On top of that how often is it the sled or the person who rides/works on it. 

The ones I often see down are the losers that never do a pre inspection tbh 

Going back to 2017 I can think of one sled we towed other than for gas/accident.   2019 Yamaha SRX.   Regulator went out and wasn't charging the battery.

Edit:  2013 XF1100 Turbo (boosted) broke a jackshaft.   I had some damage on my 2018 Winder to the clutches but was able to limp it off the lake to the cabin.  Again....modded sled.   

Edited by Highmark

51 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

2020 - 2 AC’s sold in the area…..:news:

What are you riding Greg? Or I remember you were saying you were getting into riding out West and renting a while ago?

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What are you riding Greg? Or I remember you were saying you were getting into riding out West and renting a while ago?

I actually don’t currently own a sled.  Too busy with family activities.  Owned 2 sleds a couple years ago -165 Sunmit and MXZ - sold both.  Rent when we go out west.  You?

Edited by SnowRider
  • Haha 1

Polaris outnumbers the other sleds bigly in the western yoop, like 2:1. Skidoo is second. AC and yammi a distant 3rd. Just what I’ve noticed lately.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Polaris outnumbers the other sleds bigly in the western yoop, like 2:1. Skidoo is second. AC and yammi a distant 3rd. Just what I’ve noticed lately.

Poo isn’t 2:1.  

6 hours ago, Steve753 said:

When I ran 3 repair shops Yamis were in need of the most work out of all the brands. Toward the end of us working on sleds I stopped fixing Yami's 8 years before I stopped completely.

Just now, SnowRider said:

I actually don’t currently own a sled.  Too busy with family activities.  Owned 2 sleds a couple years 165 Sunmit and MXZ - sold both.  Rent when we go out west.  You?

I remember you had the summit, and talking about renting out west..That's cool man..

I have a 2021 Indy XC 850 137" but selling it this coming Saturday and my trailer,..Lack of snow, my main riding buddy's sled has been broken for 2 years, so I spent all of last year riding by myself, not doing that again this year. So it's time to move on,..Looking at buying a car and getting back into running Watkins Glen and a few other tracks in the area on track days..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I remember you had the summit, and talking about renting out west..That's cool man..

I have a 2021 Indy XC 850 137" but selling it this coming Saturday and my trailer,..Lack of snow, my main riding buddy's sled has been broken for 2 years, so I spent all of last year riding by myself, not doing that again this year. So it's time to move on,..Looking at buying a car and getting back into running Watkins Glen and a few other tracks in the area on track days..

We are on the same page.  I’ve been dabbling with some over-landing set up.  

if I want to ride - it’s easier to rent for 1 or 2 trips per year.  Chasing snow gets old.  Even in Ontario I noticed over the past 10 years traffic really picked up.  Plus a place called Halfway is closed this year.  Glad o made Moosonee when we did.  I agree - time to move on.  I sold my trailer a couple months ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1