Check your account email address ×

Value of Teslas crashing.

Tesla has the same problems as all manufacturers, can’t get parts

plus the other manufacturers are starting to catch up with their EV cars. Why pay 80 grand for a Tesla when you can buy an Hyundai Ev for 20 that every bit as reliable 

11 hours ago, toslow said:

Tesla has the same problems as all manufacturers, can’t get parts

plus the other manufacturers are starting to catch up with their EV cars. Why pay 80 grand for a Tesla when you can buy an Hyundai Ev for 20 that every bit as reliable 

Plus prices and interest rates going up

• Gold Member

Cybertruck design finalized and starts production in less then 6 months.

McCaffrey also mentioned that production was slated for less than six months from now, and the Tesla Chief Designer did not deny nor indicate that anything would hold up the initial manufacturing phases.

Tesla has made plenty of strides in Cybertruck production over the past few months, including delivering IDRA Giga Press machinery at Gigafactory Texas, where the vehicle will be built. Tesla will utilize a 9,000-ton Giga Press from IDRA for Cybertruck manufacturing, which may have arrived at the Texas factory earlier this month.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-design-franz-von-holzhausen-interview/

Interest rates have an impact. Take a look at who is dumping their Teslas. It’s people who have been hit the hardest financially by interest rates hikes. Tesla also lost their waiting list. There’s now a glut on new teslas. Other companies penetrating the market and Musk sticking his nose into the political scene has swayed his liberal customers. 

Tesla Still Dominates the U.S. EV Market

ELECTRIC CARS

Jan 3, 2023

With all the negative headlines surrounding Tesla and its increasingly controversial CEO Elon Musk in recent weeks, it’s easy to forget that the company’s cars are still very popular. While it’s too early to say whether Musk’s Twitter takeover and the turbulences that came with it will have a significant negative impact on demand for Tesla’s cars, its current position as the maker of the most popular electric cars in the United States and in many parts of the world is clear.

According to data from Cox Automotive’s Kelley Blue Book, four of the six best-selling electric cars in the U.S. in the first nine months of 2022 were Teslas, with the company’s most popular Model Y and Model 3 towering head and shoulders above the competition. In total, Tesla captured roughly two thirds of the EV market in the first three quarters of 2022 and full-year delivery figures don’t indicate any significant changes in the fourth quarter.

Infographic: Tesla Still Dominates the U.S. EV Market | Statista

• Gold Member

There was around 25 brand new tesla Y’s and 3’s available within 200 miles of my zip code the day before the price drop.  They are currently all gone.  Crazy how fast Tesla is moving cars across the nation after the price drop which allows all these cars to qualify for the IRA tax credits.  Going to be a pretty epic first quarter for Tesla.  Also notice delivery times are creeping back up 

11 hours ago, SnowRider said:

When you picking up your Tesla?

When I can tow my trailer more than 100 miles without stopping to charge. :lol: These electric cars are not ready for prime time. When they are I’ll look at one.

• Gold Member
13 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Interest rates have an impact. Take a look at who is dumping their Teslas. It’s people who have been hit the hardest financially by interest rates hikes. Tesla also lost their waiting list. There’s now a glut on new teslas. Other companies penetrating the market and Musk sticking his nose into the political scene has swayed his liberal customers. 

Like below 

13 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I was considering a Tesla but not anymore 

:lol::lol::lol:

OOOOO poor You. 

Edited by EvilBird

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

When I can tow my trailer more than 100 miles without stopping to charge. :lol: These electric cars are not ready for prime time. When they are I’ll look at one.

For general around town or short commuting, EV cars are more than capable.

The current EV trucks are nothing more than show pieces. They can do light hauling/towing for short distances and that’s it. A pure EV and fully capable truck for long distance truck type work, won’t be happening anytime soon if ever. Look to hydrogen fuel cell power to make that happen. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

For general around town or short commuting, EV cars are more than capable.

The current EV trucks are nothing more than show pieces. They can do light hauling/towing for short distances and that’s it. A pure EV and fully capable truck for long distance truck type work, won’t be happening anytime soon if ever. Look to hydrogen fuel cell power to make that happen. 

True, but f -150 lightening could make great daily service trucks.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

True, but f -150 lightening could make great daily service trucks.

That’s the target audience for the W/T trim level Silverado EV as well. Problem is supply chains are still killing deliveries on these things. Seems like every other day there’s a delay coming out for some sort of necessary material for them too. From what I hear, there’s no immediate end in sight for those issues either.