Check your account email address ×

Milwaukee Deal

The 12v Milwaukee 1/4” driver I bought was a piece of shit. One of the batteries died shortly after buying it and the plastic shell cracked. I replaced everything with makita. All Japanese made. IMO they’re much better quality than Milwaukee and their Chinese assembly. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

The 12v Milwaukee 1/4” driver I bought was a piece of shit. One of the batteries died shortly after buying it and the plastic shell cracked. I replaced everything with makita. All Japanese made. IMO they’re much better quality than Milwaukee. 

Milwaukee has been shit for a while. 

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Milwaukee has been shit for a while. 

I reluctantly bought an electric expander for PEX tubing from Milwaukee. No one had the dewalt in stock. The unit stopped working after an hour of use. I took it back and used a manual expander until the dewalts were back in stock. 

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I use my Driver every day, all day,  in a dirty shitty environment .  Been a great tool.  Nothing is what it used to be.  I have them all… Rigid, Makita, dewalt. 

I've got a bunch of Chicago Pneumatic  that I bought 30 or so years ago. Paid a premium for it back then. Don't use it much anymore since everything is cordless, but it never let me down.

33 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The 12v Milwaukee 1/4” driver I bought was a piece of shit. One of the batteries died shortly after buying it and the plastic shell cracked. I replaced everything with makita. All Japanese made. IMO they’re much better quality than Milwaukee and their Chinese assembly. 

I've been running Hitachi/Metabo battery tools for about a decade still have 1 OG battery and to OG 1/4 drive impact along with a slew of other stuff, Japanese made also.. Very good tools at a great price.

Screenshot_20230111-204834.png

Edited by Rigid1

13 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've got a bunch of Chicago Pneumatic  that I bought 30 or so years ago. Paid a premium for it back then. Don't use it much anymore since everything is cordless, but it never let me down.

I have a bunch too.  My buddy was doing a job for a widow and she gave him all his old air tools. He gave them to me.  That old CP stuff makes new Snap on stuff seem like child toys. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I've been running Hitachi/Metabo battery tools for about a decade still have 1 OG battery and to OG 1/4 drive impact along with a slew of other stuff, Japanese made also.. Very good tools at a great price.

Screenshot_20230111-204834.png

I’ve got a hitachi drill that I’ve had for 7 years. I burned up one battery pack, but that’s to be expected. I’ve beat the hell out of it and it simply won’t die. Love that drill.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I reluctantly bought an electric expander for PEX tubing from Milwaukee. No one had the dewalt in stock. The unit stopped working after an hour of use. I took it back and used a manual expander until the dewalts were back in stock. 

All my stuff is DeWalt. Local company is part of Stanley black and decker and they have a tent sale for employees and invited guests, they have the whole lineup of the SB&D family there at amazing prices. If I need something they don't have at the sale one of the engineers we deal with regularly pops over with a catalog and I can order it thru him. 

15 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

All my stuff is DeWalt. Local company is part of Stanley black and decker and they have a tent sale for employees and invited guests, they have the whole lineup of the SB&D family there at amazing prices. If I need something they don't have at the sale one of the engineers we deal with regularly pops over with a catalog and I can order it thru him. 

I’ve had good luck with dewalt.