Check your account email address ×

After fifteen rounds we have a speaker of the house. Kevin McCarthy is the Speaker of the House of the 118th Congress

• Badger** changed the title to After fifteen rounds we have a speaker of the house. Kevin McCarthy is the Speaker of the House of the 118th Congress
59 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I'm thinking Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert got what they wanted. :whistle:

when do the laptop hearings begin? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761114ffa44a8796badae9

Gaetz needs a good old fashioned outside the bar... beating btw :)

edit... looks like he almost got one.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mike-rogers-lunges-matt-gaetz-house-speaker-voting-members-forced-intervene-video

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

O m G it waz sooooo crazy!!  
I can’t wait to see what life changing event happens next.  

Exactly.  Lets bring on the next shiny object.  R's are in the drivers seat now.  Lets see where they take us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly.  Let’s bring on the next shiny object.  R's are in the drivers seat now.  Let’s see where they take us.

:lol: With their slim majority and several young Repugs who barely won it won’t be long before several Repugs get tired of the far right whacko’s dictating Qev’s spineless promises until there’s a revolt :snack:

Qev is so weak it’s the best scenario for Dems heading into 2024  - small Repug majority that will show complete dysfunction.  Wait until the debt ceiling negotiations start…..:thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: With their slim majority and several young Repugs who barely won it won’t be long before several Repugs get tired of the far right whacko’s dictating Qev’s spineless promises until there’s a revolt :snack:

Qev is so weak it’s the best scenario for Dems heading into 2024  - small Repug majority that will show complete dysfunction.  Wait until the debt ceiling negotiations start…..:thumbsup:

Kevin McCarthy said the people's house is now open to all Americans. No more hiding in the shadows or behind closed doors and yes Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert got 100% what they wanted. 

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

when do the laptop hearings begin? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761114ffa44a8796badae9

Gaetz needs a good old fashioned outside the bar... beating btw :)

edit... looks like he almost got one.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mike-rogers-lunges-matt-gaetz-house-speaker-voting-members-forced-intervene-video

Gaetz needs a high five and your to small to beat down anyone. No more bills loaded with pork each item will be voted on individually. And that my liberal friend is the way these bills should be voted on. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Gaetz needs a high five and your to small to beat down anyone. No more bills loaded with pork each item will be voted on individually. And that my liberal friend is the way these bills should be voted on. 

Nestor’s ‘Dad’ :lol: Elect 🤡’s.  Expect a circus 

49 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Nestor’s ‘Dad’ :lol: Elect 🤡’s.  Expect a circus 

I always try to give the new Administration six months before basing my opinion on anything, "the key here is try". I have to go in this afternoon to get contacts for my eyes maybe after that I will see your point of view but I doubt it. :lol2::whistle:

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

my daughter could pound Matt's face in...  :)

• Confused 1

I think many on the left miss the point of all this (not surprising).  Monolithic party politics is not that great for the voters of this country.  The fact that Pelosi's ability to keep her party in line with corporatist leadership is seen as a good thing makes me even more doubtful that the democrats should be in charge of anything.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think many on the left miss the point of all this (not surprising).  Monolithic party politics is not that great for the voters of this country.  The fact that Pelosi's ability to keep her party in line with corporatist leadership is seen as a good thing makes me even more doubtful that the democrats should be in charge of anything.

:lol: You're off your rocker.  Complete waste of oxygen. 

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: You're off your rocker.  Complete waste of oxygen. 

If you are a Democrat that was for single payer healthcare than Nancy Pelosi and her corporatist Democrats were your enemy.  If you thought insider trading in congress was a bad idea in service of our voters over corporate interests than Nancy Pelosi was your Enemy.  If you were for these things than you need not make the argument against money corrupting politics as you are clearly for it.

4 hours ago, Badger** said:

Kevin McCarthy said the people's house is now open to all Americans. No more hiding in the shadows or behind closed doors and yes Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert got 100% what they wanted. 

Matt Gaetz wanted a high school girl too. I kinda doubt they gave that to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yeah, no... I don't think I'll be posting any pictures of my family here.

No shit :bc:  I don't think I've ever seen a member ask another to post pics of their daughter,,, that is Creeeeepy as fuck!!!!!