Check your account email address ×

Twitter files

Pete

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

What are you talking about. Many here are very critical of the government. It's the ones who only see one side as being the issue are the problem.

I’m talking about people who don’t understand just how serious this was, you included.   “Nahh let’s not investigate it and prosecute the treason they all do it….amirite?!”  Let me know what the Republicans do the Democrats that’s remotely equivalent.  You can’t.  Go Elon!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m talking about people who don’t understand just how serious this was, you included.   “Nahh let’s not investigate it and prosecute the treason they all do it….amirite?!”  Let me know what the Republicans do the Democrats that’s remotely equivalent.  You can’t.  Go Elon!

The public knows what happened. Why waste money to find out what we already know. Is it for some kind of closure? You and I both know that never happens. 

I like the way Elons doing it. It's not costing the taxpayer a dime.

The fifth installment of Elon Musk's "Twitter Files" 8Monday revealed that staffers believed that tweets written by former President Trump from Jan. 6 had not actually violated its policies despite the company saying so at the time.

"For years, Twitter had resisted calls both internal and external to ban Trump on the grounds that blocking a world leader from the platform or removing their controversial tweets would hide important information that people should be able to see and debate," Bari Weiss of The Free Press wrote towards the beginning of her thread on Monday. "But after January 6, as @mtaibbi and @shellenbergermd have documented, pressure grew, both inside and outside of Twitter, to ban Trump."

Weiss cited "dissenters" within Twitter that did not want to ban Trump, including one who wrote, "Maybe because I am from China. I deeply understand how censorship can destroy the public conversation."

"But voices like that one appear to have been a distinct minority within the company. Across Slack channels, many Twitter employees were upset that Trump hadn’t been banned earlier," Weiss wrote. "After January 6, Twitter employees organized to demand their employer ban Trump. ‘There is a lot of employee advocacy happening,’ said one Twitter employee."

After citing the public outcry of "over 300 Twitter employees" who signed an open letter published in the Washington Post pressuring then-Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to ban Trump, Weiss revealed "Twitter staff assigned to evaluate tweets quickly concluded that Trump had *not* violated Twitter’s policies."

"I think we’d have a hard time saying this is incitement," a staffer said, according to Weiss. "It's pretty clear he's saying the ‘American Patriots’ are the ones who voted for him and not the terrorists (we can call them that, right?) from Wednesday."

"Don’t see the incitement angle here," another staffer agreed, per Weiss. 

Anika Navaroli, a Twitter policy official, similarly wrote "I also am not seeing clear or coded incitement in the DJT tweet. I’ll respond in the elections channel and say that our team has assessed and found no viols [violations] for the DJT one."

Navaroli later added, "as an fyi, Safety has assessed the DJT Tweet above and determined that there is no violation of our policies at this time."

"Later, Navaroli would testify to the House Jan. 6 committee:'For months I had been begging and anticipating and attempting to raise the reality that if nothing—if we made no intervention into what I saw occuring, people were going to die,'" Weiss tweeted. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

His, lol.  Lobbyists and bureaucracies have been driving politics since the beginning of politics.

Definitely not.  Of course Trump didn't get 74 million either.  

He better not be otherwise we will definitely have another fucking shit ass piece of fuck donkey.

Like I said, not a fucking clue.  Zero street smarts Shelden.

12 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The public knows what happened. Why waste money to find out what we already know. Is it for some kind of closure? You and I both know that never happens. 

I like the way Elons doing it. It's not costing the taxpayer a dime.

You don't have a fucking clue what happened Shultz.

:lol:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

1B5033BD-3C8D-4926-96C3-48DBCDA9EF87.jpeg.5521651c7f6c3e1164cc39a020ee6aaa.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Derp.

Screenshot_20221212_085015.jpg

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You are the one without a clue.  What about my statement was wrong?

Your intelligence stole the election from we the people. 

The same group unleashed covid on the public.  

They need to hang.

• Haha 1

Earlier on Sunday, Musk implied that a future installment of the Twitter Files would involve efforts to those who criticized COVID-19 policies.

One Twitter user asked, "When will we get the twitter files on covid? The info on the suspension of the many doctors and scientists? Who was involved? Suppression of what has turned out to be factual information."

"Oh it is coming bigtime …" Musk replied.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Your intelligence stole the election from we the people. 

The same group unleashed covid on the public.  

They need to hang.

So there was no cheating now you're saying?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

So there was no cheating now you're saying?

Do you remember when Biden said (Oct 2019) “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.” and that its not who gets to vote but who counts the votes that matter.

Oh there was plenty of cheating.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you remember when Biden said (Oct 2019) “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.” and that its not who gets to vote but who counts the votes that matter.

Oh there was plenty of cheating.

They found 20 cases of voter fraud in Florida.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

They found 20 cases of voter fraud in Florida.

The 20 people were among more than 11 million Florida voters who cast ballots in the 2020 election.

:junk:

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

The quality arguing.....

Like third graders lashing out during recess.

It’s unbelievable.  I swear some of these guys don’t understand just how serious and criminal this was.  Just argue and disagree because you don’t like the poster.  I agree with AC, people need to fucking hang.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s unbelievable.  I swear some of these guys don’t understand just how serious and criminal this was.  Just argue and disagree because you don’t like the poster.  I agree with AC, people need to fucking hang.

So you're cool with Trump phoning a governor and begging him to cheat?