Check your account email address ×

2023's

Stopped by the Yamaha/Polaris/BRP dealer this afternoon on my travels.  They had some 23's in the showroom and a couple used ones outside.  Spoke with one of the salesmen I've chatted before with to see how things are shaping up and one little nugget of info I was stunned to hear but not surprised by was that not one single person ordered a 2023 Lynx from their dealership.  I guess this is why (once again) the RR's, XCR's & XRS's get watered down.  People buy a hardcore sled and want a Cadillac ride.  

I think @Doug's twin was there.  Colors look far better in person than on the build site from Polaris.  

Took a few pics...

IMG_20221112_113504165_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221112_113645134.jpg

IMG_20221112_114951040.jpg

IMG_20221112_115138065.jpg

IMG_20221112_115148256.jpg

IMG_20221112_115230403.jpg

IMG_20221112_115256137.jpg

IMG_20221112_115332314.jpg

IMG_20221112_115343394.jpg

• Like 2

I hope they sit on all those overpriced 23’s for a long time. The fricking OEM’s gouged the hell out of people last spring. I suspect no one ordered a Lynx because of how expensive they were. We’ve finally hit the point that the majority of people have been priced out of the market. Interest rates are up and most people in North America aren’t going to spend $15,000+ on a toy they can only ride a few months or sometimes weeks out of the year. They can buy a damn side by side for similar money. The OEM’s fucked themselves by chasing after the boomer market with more and more expensive and feature laden sleds to appeal to a small percentage of people with significant disposable incomes. 

Harley has already been negatively impacted by the same stupid business practices. Yamaha just gave up on the sled market at they only appealed to the same old demographic. The ‘24 snowcheck season will be a bust for all the OEM’s this spring. 

high prices and a crashing economy shouldn't be good for any of the toy manu's

but if its a good snow year sleds will still sell just fine, so who TF knows...  

I've about given up on predicting anything with all the "covid supply chain issues" we still can't get jack from any of the brands we carry.  Tried to quote repowering a customers boat with a couple of merc 350s, and they are an backorder for 62 weeks (yup more than a year from the date of order)  Boats are more or less sold out for next year again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@krom did Cat cancel any of your 2023's?  @Not greg b was telling me a story... 

none of ours, but they did cancel sleds.  Still threatening to fine dealers upto the price of a sled if its sold to a customer other than the one who ordered it in the spring, even if they changed their mind.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

I hope they sit on all those overpriced 23’s for a long time. The fricking OEM’s gouged the hell out of people last spring. I suspect no one ordered a Lynx because of how expensive they were. We’ve finally hit the point that the majority of people have been priced out of the market. Interest rates are up and most people in North America aren’t going to spend $15,000+ on a toy they can only ride a few months or sometimes weeks out of the year. They can buy a damn side by side for similar money. The OEM’s fucked themselves by chasing after the boomer market with more and more expensive and feature laden sleds to appeal to a small percentage of people with significant disposable incomes. 

Harley has already been negatively impacted by the same stupid business practices. Yamaha just gave up on the sled market at they only appealed to the same old demographic. The ‘24 snowcheck season will be a bust for all the OEM’s this spring. 

They lynx is not anymore expensive than a skidoo xrs. When I priced both it was a wash. They are the more expensive than a Polaris or cat but not enough to make a difference 

• Like 1

Prices are stupid.  My 2020 I ordered was $15,200 with accessories.  Configured the same exact sled in a 23' and it came to $19,985.  Did not include the top level gauge package, shocks or ski's.  Used to trade every 3-4 years.  I will be riding mine for a lot more seasons to come unless prices come down.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Prices are stupid.  My 2020 I ordered was $15,200 with accessories.  Configured the same exact sled in a 23' and it came to $19,985.  Did not include the top level gauge package, shocks or ski's.  Used to trade every 3-4 years.  I will be riding mine for a lot more seasons to come unless prices come down.

Otb, plan on it.  ;)

Some dealers are still sitting on 22s  and o know of 1 21 but they will continue to sit on that on as they are asking 22msrp 

As far as lynx I have only seen a few out and about and every one of them were deep snow sleds and older guys on them 

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Some dealers are still sitting on 22s  and o know of 1 21 but they will continue to sit on that on as they are asking 22msrp 

As far as lynx I have only seen a few out and about and every one of them were deep snow sleds and older guys on them 

When I stopped at the falls in Michigan it was packed. I was surprised there were a handful of lynxes parked out side. Almost more lynx parked out there than current arctic cats. Tons of skidoos and Polaris in that lot. 

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

When I stopped at the falls in Michigan it was packed. I was surprised there were a handful of lynxes parked out side. Almost more lynx parked out there than current arctic cats. Tons of skidoos and Polaris in that lot. 

The guy I acctaly spent time talking with him about his long track lynx really liked it and was planning on ordering a new one and his teen to 20s kids all had relitivly new summits and 2 were his old sleds . He offered it up for a spin but there was really no place close to go try it in some deep hilly stuff . 

Antigo Yamaha is my guess, when Vern's sold Cat's in Antigo they crushed the the competition up there. Another dumb move by AC getting rid of Vern's AC but they still have the UTV/ATV Cat line last I checked.     

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

You should see my buddies out this year.  Excited to try it, but still a midget sled.

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

Antigo Yamaha is my guess, when Vern's sold Cat's in Antigo they crushed the the competition up there. Another dumb move by AC getting rid of Vern's AC but they still have the UTV/ATV Cat line last I checked.     

When I drove by there 2 weeks ago they didn’t have anything arctic cat on the lot. They are doing what most cat dealers are doing and picking up Kawasaki off road and phasing out the cat atv 

Just now, Not greg b said:

When I drove by there 2 weeks ago they didn’t have anything arctic cat on the lot. They are doing what most cat dealers are doing and picking up Kawasaki off road and phasing out the cat atv 

I think they sell Honda as well. 

48 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Makes sense considering if your last name isn't Ramstad you surely won't want one of those pieces of crap.

Even the dealer people claim is god of all cat dealers picked up Kawasaki. They are going to re name the store country cow 

• Haha 1