Check your account email address ×

King Crab Cancelled For 2nd Year…Snow Crab As Well

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Is the water where these crabs exist warming up? Not surface temps but deeper down where they live. 

Red kings live about 200 ft depth Golden Kings like around 1600 ft. It’s funny that the last few years the ice pack has shown up more southerly than years past. You can’t fake fishing the Bering Sea. 

Well looks like Sig filled his test order of 100,000 lbs of Norway Red King Crab with ease. Talks of buying another boat in Norway. His CRAB not crad are all going to the US :thumb: 

44F648D3-5818-4360-A938-D595DD9F6DBE.jpeg

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Well looks like Sig filled his test order of 100,000 lbs of Norway Red King Crab with ease. Talks of buying another boat in Norway. His CRAB not crad are all going to the US :thumb: 

44F648D3-5818-4360-A938-D595DD9F6DBE.jpeg

But but but Red Crads are worth more on the open market, one Red Crad the same size as a Red Crab weighs more, go figure, same size but more weight for the Red Crad.......... :thumb:

King Crab Colour Pencil Drawing On Stock Illustration 1456341248 |  Shutterstock

29 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Hey genius that's a lobster. You should call Sig ask him :thumb:9_9

Are you serious ?? That’s a lobster? Well fuck me, I must have screwed up making that meme. Thought it was a CRAD?? See, that’s why you’re the expert :bc:

35 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Looks like we're even now. :thumbsup: Say hi to Sig for me. :pc:

Are you sure that’s a lobster? Like 100% expert level sure? Cuz I was in Nova Scotia and when I ordered  King CRAD I always got this?? My pic :dunno:

66AAB628-BA01-43B2-A8D1-3859AB301C36.jpeg

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Are you sure that’s a lobster? Like 100% expert level sure? Cuz I was in Nova Scotia and when I ordered  King CRAD I always got this?? My pic :dunno:

I would call your friend Sig,:thumbsup: but IMO that's a very poor prestation of cook lobster. it must be a Nova Scotia thing.:pc: That's right you don't like it when others have a different opinion than yours. 

231000.jpg

Edited by Badger**

11 hours ago, HSR said:

Ok, Fuck Me now I'm really Confused, that looks nothing like any Crad or Lobster I've had and if the Expert says it's a Lobster then it's a Lobster. The Restaurant I usually go to for Lobster has 2 kinds of Lobster listed on their menu and one of them is half the price of a Full Maine Lobster still in it's shell and the other one comes out with just big hunks of Lobster meat on the plate with butter. One is called a Maine Lobster and the other one, the one I always order is called Poor Mans Lobster???? To me it seems like you get more bang for the buck with the poor mans Lobster vs a full Maine Lobster, no messing with the shell and JMO you get way more Lobster meat from the Poor Mans Lobster for half the Price and no work fighting to get to the Lobster meat out of the Lobster.  Maybe the Expert can Edumucate me/us on Maine lobster, Poor Mans Lobster, and Red King Crads???

Not my Pics, they are Internet pics that look almost like the Lobster I get from my favorite Restaurant?? 

Monkfish Dipped in Garlic Butter | Poor Man's Lobster - YouTube

Poor Man's Lobster" – Monkfish with Herb Brown Butter | RecipeTin Eats

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It isn't a crad.

:dunno: I don't know I'm Not "The Expert" so someone's going to have to take me to school on all of this stuff.....

It all seems a little fishy to me............. :thumb: 

Edited by Jerry 976

On 10/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah, the over-fishing argument has pretty much been put to rest by that article.

Screenshot_2022-10-20-20-48-21.png

Lmfao ok tell us what depth 99% of reds are fished at how about golds ? New tell us again about the climate change . Fucking a man get a grip on reality 

14 hours ago, Badger** said:

Hey genius that's a lobster. You should call Sig ask him :thumb:9_9

Just another symptom. I know it's a lobster dummy.

Some adults with the sort of mild autism that was once diagnosed as Asperger’s have a hard time understanding jokes, colloquial phrases, or sarcasm because they take things more literally.

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Just another symptom. I know it's a lobster dummy.

Some adults with the sort of mild autism that was once diagnosed as Asperger’s have a hard time understanding jokes, colloquial phrases, or sarcasm because they take things more literally.

Ok look MuddAfuckA is that thing you posted a Lobster or a Crad??????

You're starting to make my head hurt..... user84561_pic8725_1297739738_thumb.gif.d1b21e92b21974a9f1be918a1ebad92d.gif  head_hurts.gif.93b195f2da19993e23b94a472f99c8c3.gif

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lmfao ok tell us what depth 99% of reds are fished at how about golds ? New tell us again about the climate change . Fucking a man get a grip on reality 

What does the depth have to do with anything?..... the article states that all life stages of crabs have declined...hence it is not from overfishing which would deplete the larger mature population.

You even said in one of your posts that the temps went up a few degrees a couple years ago.....well, apparently that's all it takes. And it is not just the surface temp affected...

32 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

What does the depth have to do with anything?..... the article states that all life stages of crabs have declined...hence it is not from overfishing which would deplete the larger mature population.

You even said in one of your posts that the temps went up a few degrees a couple years ago.....well, apparently that's all it takes. And it is not just the surface temp affected...

Over 1400 feet . Much diff than a record 4 deg surface temp . Guernree that 1 yr of 4 deg surface temp is not going deeper than 25 feet . And btw even with a so called catastrophic 4 deg surface temp the h20 we are talking about will still kill you in under 15 min in July.  Not ever remotely warm your block of ice would last days if you tossed it off the dock . Not affecting crab depth guernteed 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Over 1400 feet . Much diff than a record 4 deg surface temp . Guernree that 1 yr of 4 deg surface temp is not going deeper than 25 feet . And btw even with a so called catastrophic 4 deg surface temp the h20 we are talking about will still kill you in under 15 min in July.  Not ever remotely warm your block of ice would last days if you tossed it off the dock . Not affecting crab depth guernteed 

Where did it mention it was only surface temp?......and the overfishing claim still doesn't explain the disappearance of all life stages of crab.