Check your account email address ×

You probably missed this.

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I've been saying it for awhile now, PPP was a disaster. 

I still can't even believe how bad of a policy decision this was.  The whole covid thing will likely go down in history as one of the greatest crimes and frauds ever perpetuated on humanity.  Unless of course....hold me beer.....they start launching nukes.  

Then maybe just maybe, people might realize that mean tweets werent' so mean after all.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I lost money during the pandemic from a mandatory two week furlough since they shut everything down. Hearing about this shit makes my blood boil. Still hearing about the government using leftover "Covid relief" money wherever they see fit  

• Like 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

I lost money during the pandemic from a mandatory two week furlough since they shut everything down. Hearing about this shit makes my blood boil. Still hearing about the government using leftover "Covid relief" money wherever they see fit  

CT used it to temporarily pad our budget, and likely introduce new spending initiatives that they won't be able to fund moving forward unless they raise taxes.....again....and again.  We were in years of deficits until that relief happened.  God forbid a government get spending under control.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Wife and I never stopped working.  They closed my wife's department and put her in the lobby to take temperatures . I only took a couple days off when I was so sick with the Covid I couldn’t get out of bed.  

We were out to dinner Saturday and ran into some friends we used to hang with a lot.  They all made a fortune with Covid money. Bought yachts ,  built huge pole barns, trucks.  Wife was saying.   They are going to get caught, you watch!!!!!!  
Not so much 

talk-about your blood boiling. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Wife and I never stopped working.  They closed my wife's department and put her in the lobby to take temperatures . I only took a couple days off when I was so sick with the Covid I couldn’t get out of bed.  

We were out to dinner Saturday and ran into some friends we used to hang with a lot.  They all made a fortune with Covid money. Bought yachts ,  built huge pole barns, trucks.  Wife was saying.   They are going to get caught, you watch!!!!!!  
Not so much 

talk-about your blood boiling. 

That's the real tragedy.......giving away free money to those who didn't need it and I'll bet they're the first ones bitching about student loan forgiveness. Honestly, I wish your wife was right but t doesn't look good. That whole thing should be audited to hell and if any of those biz's that took money and didn't need it they should have to pay for the audit, pay the money back and perhaps a penalty. Just go on the PPP tracker websites and you can see every biz that took it, it's all public record. I've been doing my best to shame the people I know for taking it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's the real tragedy.......giving away free money to those who didn't need it and I'll bet they're the first ones bitching about student loan forgiveness. Honestly, I wish your wife was right but t doesn't look good. That whole thing should be audited to hell and if any of those biz's that took money and didn't need it they should have to pay for the audit, pay the money back and perhaps a penalty. Just go on the PPP tracker websites and you can see every biz that took it, it's all public record. I've been doing my best to shame the people I know for taking it.

Nope, no one is getting caught.  8 billion in fraudulent pay outs in Michigan alone.  
The media,  politicians,  don’t want the bad publicity. Believe me,  the Covid scam was a huge success and there will be another. 
 How much you wanna bet a lot of those so called businesses that popped up a couple months before the pay outs could be traced back to politicians who  knew it was coming. 

• Like 1

Just one small example of how bad PPP was and not to mention, I've read that less than 1/3 of that money actually went to employees which it was really intended for. More proof of how disgustingly our govt. handles tax money.

12 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Nope, no one is getting caught.  8 billion in fraudulent pay outs in Michigan alone.  
The media,  politicians,  don’t want the bad publicity. Believe me,  the Covid scam was a huge success and there will be another. 
 How much you wanna bet a lot of those so called businesses that popped up a couple months before the pay outs could be traced back to politicians who  knew it was coming. 

They arent going to spend anymore time trying to figure it out. It was a bail out, if you got it great, if you didnt too bad. We are going to have to move on, this isnt going to get fixed

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I disagree,  we are paying the price right now for all that fuckery in the name of inflation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I disagree,  we are paying the price right now for all that fuckery in the name of inflation.

The people have proven they don’t care.   They care more about kayne’s shirt than this.  52% of Michigan voters thought our Governor handled the Covid scam flawlessly.  People care about what the media tells them to care about. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

The great reset boys. The scamdemic is no longer a conspiracy. 

Just think about all the small businesses that went under too, thats what really pisses me off the most. 

Not even brought up. It really is disgusting what they did.  No one cares. :dunno:

I wish I would of took pictures of all the stupid shit we endured.  Eating outside in a tent in The middle of winter, next to a perfectly good restaurant.   Just to try and support some local businesses so they wouldn’t go under.
A neighbor lady snapping pictures of us and our friends on our own driveway .  Posting them on Facebook like we were criminals for having people over. Smh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I still can't even believe how bad of a policy decision this was.  The whole covid thing will likely go down in history as one of the greatest crimes and frauds ever perpetuated on humanity.  Unless of course....hold me beer.....they start launching nukes.  

Then maybe just maybe, people might realize that mean tweets werent' so mean after all.

Ahhh , covid happened under Trump and Donald Trump was a fucking disaster tweets or no. 

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ahhh , covid happened under Trump and Donald Trump was a fucking disaster tweets or no. 

It’s amazing just how thick his orange colored glasses are…holy fuck.

Yup,  when Trump left office he wiped a lot of the red flags.  Yet,  the same people who spent 6 years trying to bury him on phony bullshit want nothing to do with this real corruption.  
AMAZING,  huh?  

where is the ACLU with their lawsuits against the greatest civil rights violations in our lifetime?   Nothing! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup,  when Trump left office he wiped a lot of the red flags.  Yet,  the same people who spent 6 years trying to bury him on phony bullshit want nothing to do with this real corruption.  
AMAZING,  huh?  

where is the ACLU with their lawsuits against the greatest civil rights violations in our lifetime?   Nothing! 

The whole thing was ripe from the start and of course the assholes in charge now don’t give two fucking shits. Instead they want to hire 85,000 IRS Agents to hammer the working class slobs like me. 🤬

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

CT used it to temporarily pad our budget, and likely introduce new spending initiatives that they won't be able to fund moving forward unless they raise taxes.....again....and again.  We were in years of deficits until that relief happened.  God forbid a government get spending under control.

Lamont is taking a victory lap in his campaign adds on the budget surplus which he says is the result of his policies.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The whole thing was ripe from the start and of course the assholes in charge now don’t give two fucking shits. Instead they want to hire 85,000 IRS Agents to hammer the working class slobs like me. 🤬

Right.  We better make sure every T is crossed and every dollar accounted for.  How can people not be furious. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did you pay more or less under Biden?

Who worked for you to get taxes lower?

Who criticized the IRS, and who is looking to crawl up your ass?

I know... the mean Tweets did it!

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Did you pay more or less under Biden?

Who worked for you to get taxes lower?

Who criticized the IRS, and who is looking to crawl up your ass?

I know... the mean Tweets did it!

Who gave us this mess we are experiencing now? If Trump would've behaved like an adult he'd likely still be in office.