Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

12 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That was in ice lemans race form and on a mile long straight coming out of a corner at 40-50. Fastest poo was 110 or 111 and catalyst was Paul brown at 107 IIRC

That's cool.  After that long of a run they either pulled timing out or feed it some fuel.  Either way a consumer sled would never live regardless of brand.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

That's cool.  After that long of a run they either pulled timing out or feed it some fuel.  Either way a consumer sled would never live regardless of brand.

Stock motor you can only do clutching and gears in stock class. Still running the same rpm. No different than holding a stock 800/850 or even 600 for that matter pinned down a long rail bed for 5-6 miles

23 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That was in ice lemans race form and on a mile long straight coming out of a corner at 40-50. Fastest poo was 110 or 111 and catalyst was Paul brown at 107 IIRC

idk why they're not racing 2008 MXZ XRS 600's... they're SO much faster

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Stock motor you can only do clutching and gears in stock class. Still running the same rpm. No different than holding a stock 800/850 or even 600 for that matter pinned down a long rail bed for 5-6 miles

All good.  If it's stock ECU 110 111 for peak MPH it could happen.  5-6 miles with stock ECU won't happen as it will be pulling timing or dumping fuel in.

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk why they're not racing 2008 MXZ XRS 600's... they're SO much faster

They probably don't have world class tuna

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

Good news, I found 2 different 2008 MXZX 600RS's on Marketplace for $3k each.

Fastest sled in 1000 feet, here I come!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Good news, I found 2 different 2008 MXZX 600RS's on Marketplace for $3k each.

Fastest sled in 1000 feet, here I come!

Your a lucky man to find those unicorns :lol2:

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

Your a luck man to find those unicorns :lol2:

Ok, now we need a tuner and someone the size of a horse jockey to make this happen.

Who has the whitest New Balances?

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Ok, now we need a tuner and someone the size of a horse jockey to make this happen.

It is fun to see the retards arguing it out.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Your premiere tuner just replied.  You are so blessed to get him.

If you need gravel for the driveway he can make it happen

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Your premiere tuner just replied.  You are so blessed to get him.

If you need gravel for the driveway he can make it happen

He better Scotchgaurd up those white New Balances. 

This hog of a sled is going to be as greasy as the greasiest of triples by the time we have our world record.

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

This hog of a sled is going to be as greasy as the greasiest of triples by the time we have our world record.

Your inside man has the scoop on all activities at the factory.  Garbage disposal schedule, parking lot sweeping, office floor polishing.  What more could you ask for.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Doug said:

Your inside man has the scoop on all activities at the factory.  Garbage disposal schedule, parking lot sweeping, office floor polishing.  What more could you ask for.

Do not doubt Norman county gravel 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Do not doubt Norman county gravel 

Most comes from other Countries. We stockpile, and do give the $0.50 rule. 

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Most comes from other Countries. We stockpile, and do give the $0.50 rule. 

That's what you charge when working with 550 at sandies.  Interesting rule...

So.... as far as the Catalyst goes, what's everyone's take on SnowTrax SOTY episode, saying that the handling and especially rear skid are not up to par with the other manufacturers? I don't pay much attention to it all but suspected that the all new Catalyst would have been chosen #1, sure they would be desperate to give AC some love.

Instead they gave it a design award.

Did AC miss the boat, or will some tweaking straighten it out?

Does AC have an updated rear skid in the wings?

I have not driven one, nor do any of my buddies have one so have to rely on second hand info.

On a positive note, looks like we have a new Arctic Cat dealer coming to the area, Georgian Bay Trailers have announced they are taking on the line-up, great news :thumbsup: Gives me another option, have no problem riding green if it's up to par.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

who's running the lathe and mill to true that stock sled to exact tolerances? 

I've always known the drag racing community to be the most honest rule abiding group out there... 9_9

11 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

So.... as far as the Catalyst goes, what's everyone's take on SnowTrax SOTY episode, saying that the handling and especially rear skid are not up to par with the other manufacturers? I don't pay much attention to it all but suspected that the all new Catalyst would have been chosen #1, sure they would be desperate to give AC some love.

I have not driven one, nor do any of my buddies have one so have to rely on second hand info.

On a positive note, looks like we have a new Arctic Cat dealer coming to the area, Georgian Bay Trailers have announced they are taking on the line-up, great news :thumbsup: Gives me another option, have no problem riding green if it's up to par.

The front end discussion has been their big thing they’re wrong on for a long time “it turns really good in loose snow but will get some inside ski lift when the trails are rock hard” yea no shit if it bites on a trail with no bite in the snow it’s really gonna grab on one that’s set up hard. They obviously have the cat over the ski doo for handling because no amount of talking can make people believe those things aren’t bulldozers in corners.

We rode between Toms VR1 and a couple catalysts all day one day this winter and the catalysts could all turn in better than the Matryx and hold a line at higher speeds through corners. They both turn well and do well through bumps but the real world nod has to go to the point and shoot cat front end.

The slide action skid is still a slide action, it works ok but not as good as the other two if you’re cruising around slow but in big bumps at higher speeds is where that skid frame shines. They probably do have a new one on the way in the next year or two though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The front end discussion has been their big thing they’re wrong on for a long time “it turns really good in loose snow but will get some inside ski lift when the trails are rock hard” yea no shit if it bites on a trail with no bite in the snow it’s really gonna grab on one that’s set up hard. They obviously have the cat over the ski doo for handling because no amount of talking can make people believe those things aren’t bulldozers in corners.

We rode between Toms VR1 and a couple catalysts all day one day this winter and the catalysts could all turn in better than the Matryx and hold a line at higher speeds through corners. They both turn well and do well through bumps but the real world nod has to go to the point and shoot cat front end.

The slide action skid is still a slide action, it works ok but not as good as the other two if you’re cruising around slow but in big bumps at higher speeds is where that skid frame shines. They probably do have a new one on the way in the next year or two though.

Thanks, appreciate the real world reviews. I have no problem changing brands, not loyal to anyone and always looking

38 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

The calibration on the suspension is awful on the catalyst and it is very noticeable. IMO this is where the “seat” is to hard  coming from. When you compare it to anything else you will notice the difference. They don’t need a redesigned skid, they to spend 5 minutes and have the thing calibrated right. If they fired all those people they can call carver and give him a couple grand to give them something that works. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

Just now, oldslowsledder said:

Thanks, appreciate the real world reviews. I have no problem changing brands, not loyal to anyone and always looking

There’s really nothing wrong with the polaris sleds I like them a lot too but their front end opinion is way off the real world. One of the conversations had that day was “when you get bigger carbides on the polaris like the cat they should be pretty close” they both had their respective 4” factory carbides on them.