Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Klotz... 

the correct answer is always Klotz 

Amsoil is really good shock oil...  Not as good as arctic blue but?  you get the idea

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So basically the same price taking away the discount from Country Cat. Got it. Must not be to many of those special IFP Fox shocks left in the world. 

Edited by ZR6000RR
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Got a question along with a observation.. So on the RXC the rear torsions are like super stiff.. Like to stiff for me much less the wife that is 75 pounds lighter.. When I sit on the RXC(220 dressed) it don't move at all on number 3.. Its moves 1/2 inch on 2 and maybe 2-3 inches on 1..  I need some softer springs out back.. I see the other 137 cattle ass have softer springs.. Would I be able to run the softer springs from the other 2 137 cattle asses?   OR i have a set of stock torsions out of a 2021 8000?  Would those work in this catalyst sled? Thanks guys.. 

Edit.. I see the 2021 8000 has the same springs as the 2024 rxc?  never would have guessed that.. those wont work 

yes..  @Not greg b will trade you 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

So basically the same price taking away the discount from Country Cat. Got it. Thanks for proving my point.  

monkey.thumb.jpg.7f90fda4bb5423888585b6175864bee4.jpg

how is it possible to be this dumb? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Got a question along with a observation.. So on the RXC the rear torsions are like super stiff.. Like to stiff for me much less the wife that is 75 pounds lighter.. When I sit on the RXC(220 dressed) it don't move at all on number 3.. Its moves 1/2 inch on 2 and maybe 2-3 inches on 1..  I need some softer springs out back.. I see the other 137 cattle ass have softer springs.. Would I be able to run the softer springs from the other 2 137 cattle asses?   OR i have a set of stock torsions out of a 2021 8000?  Would those work in this catalyst sled? Thanks guys.. 

Edit.. I see the 2021 8000 has the same springs as the 2024 rxc?  never would have guessed that.. those wont work 

Ride it a bit before you spend the money on springs - they will settle quite a bit (I know you have a good amount of time on it) in the first 1000 miles

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Pm him... then he'll just need the ski and FTS spring 

I have the front TRACK spring/springs out already.. Never used that either.. And the front shock springs(green 120) also..

NO im not trading shocks!!! :cop:

4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Ride it a bit before you spend the money on springs - they will settle quite a bit (I know you have a good amount of time on it) in the first 1000 miles

Got 250 on it.. Agree they will settle some more but thinking they are still going to be way to stiff for the wife.. I like to see some sag.. Virtually none on #2,3. with me 220 on it...  She is 145 dressed cant imagine it will  move at all on #1  ??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

I have the front TRACK spring/springs out already.. Never used that either.. And the front shock springs(green 120) also..

NO im not trading shocks!!! :cop:

just texted him... idk if the FTS spring is compatible though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just texted him... idk if the FTS spring is compatible though

Yea i was thinking the same.. I was surprised the 2021 8000 has the same torsions as the 2024 RXC.  I have a new set of those off my 2021  8000.  I ran the T cat springs out front and torsions on the 8000  fucker railed awesome..   The geometry of the skid/ sled is way different im assuming between 21 8000 and 24 RXC..  Feels like slightly more weight on the front and middle shocks comparing the two riding.. Granted I only have 250 on the RXC but the rear is WAY stiff  IMO

21 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Don't even need a heated shop for it!    :tumbleweed:

Yup spend 2.5 months working on a sled and re-doing a enclosed trailer just for this.Screenshot_20240123_151704_Weather.thumb.jpg.60b56dfb27873df1da8f2e7979b86e08.jpg

Might as well get back to finish putting together the two blown ktm 2t's in the shop. 

Really need to adjust the timing of my toy repairs and not do them "in season".

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am guessing you probably cranked your springs up to the top. The ATAC cost $1,500.00 and was worth every penny to me. So nice not to have to chip the ice and snow away to get to the fucking knob. 

You already told everyone that you haven't ridden your sled anyplace but your yard, and its  too small to tell anything.. 

Also you don't need to touch the knob,  you ride like old people fuck

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yeah @Not greg b, get those cheap shit stock shocks revalved... :roflcrying:

Cheap Chinese ZR IFP

F shocks $99ea

FT shock $349

RT shock $148 

RXC

F shocks $570ea

FT shock $890

RT shock $870 

someone want to fire up the Kashima debate again?  

FT shock is the same pos at the rest of them, but someone at textron must have noticed how many they sell every year and jacked the price up

speaking of total fucking moron, look who still hasn't figured out how to use the quote button:

image.png

image.png

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I thought in the service manual, it had a list of springs, or they used to have. 2-3 is a pretty good starting point though on sag. Springs should also take a set at some point. I would go setting 1 and keep an eye on your sag. 

You don't know anything at all about springs, and the only reason know about sag, is because of the sag of your tits.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Got 250 on it.. Agree they will settle some more but thinking they are still going to be way to stiff for the wife.. I like to see some sag.. Virtually none on #2,3. with me 220 on it...  She is 145 dressed cant imagine it will  move at all on #1  ??

sorry to interrupt the site jerkoff showing everyone how stupid he is, I'll try to keep the info brief.

As a starting point, adjust rear spring preload so that the rear arm is centered between the coupler blocks, and the stop shaft in front of it (rider on seat, in gear).

Despite morons and old wives tails claiming different, you don't have to have both rear springs on the same setting.

Trail sleds are set up for a 180 lb rider (in gear) with the springs on low.

Stock 24 RXC rear springs are 2704-026/027 .394SQ-90D-16.5LB same as the catalyst riot, and lots of other sleds from '16 up.
Light duty optional springs for that sled are 3704-726/727 .375 SQ-15.2LB (bend angle not listed thanks textron) these are stock for the blast.

Stock 24 137 catalyst sleds get 4704-152/153 .375"SQ-95 DEG-15.2

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, krom said:

sorry to interrupt the site jerkoff showing everyone how stupid he is, I'll try to keep the info brief.

As a starting point, adjust rear spring preload so that the rear arm is centered between the coupler blocks, and the stop shaft in front of it (rider on seat, in gear).

Despite morons and old wives tails claiming different, you don't have to have both rear springs on the same setting.

Trail sleds are set up for a 180 lb rider (in gear) with the springs on low.

Stock 24 RXC rear springs are 2704-026/027 .394SQ-90D-16.5LB same as the catalyst riot, and lots of other sleds from '16 up.
Light duty optional springs for that sled are 3704-726/727 .375 SQ-15.2LB (bend angle not listed thanks textron) these are stock for the blast.

Stock 24 137 catalyst sleds get 4704-152/153 .375"SQ-95 DEG-15.2

Fuck off you huge fucking liar! Any sledder who has ridden for more than 5 years and actually educates themselves, knows this.  Were you educated in NY?  If so, it explains everything.