Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 hours ago, Premium said:

That's good to know. That's what I hate most about my 137 procross is lack of any transfer.  I plan to buy an 858 and am going to have a tough time deciding between the 129 and 137.

My 137 6000 limited doesn’t transfer at all. Handles like it’s on rails but would be nice to have a little transfer from time to time

On 1/17/2024 at 4:43 PM, krom said:

RXC is a different skid, but I had a conversation with a friend of mine who put some miles on his 137 atac, and was complaining that it doesn't transfer

I talked to him this afternoon. He is getting the note book out from the past on setting up the “little kids” sled. He said it transfers worse than the 137 pc but handles and rides well. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The headlight on this thing either sucks or I didn’t adjust it down far enough. I got 86 on the dash and 84 gps out of it on hard pack seasonal road tonight before I had to let out, pulled right up there but seemed like that was where it was gonna start falling flat for sure.

Stop abusing it and the head light magically works. I got fresh carbides to go grind down this weekend now that I am back from a work trip and have time. I have a nitrous bottle on order to fix the walling issue. 

• Haha 2

On 1/17/2024 at 9:05 AM, Palu49 said:

I was just informed that there is an update out to move the RXC coupling block/shaft slightly forward on the rail to promote faster coupling. I’ll post it when he sends me the email with the information and instructions 

On 1/17/2024 at 9:15 AM, krom said:

That's impossible, Jimwit said the engineers talked to him about the design before putting it in production, and you can't improve on perfect

On 1/17/2024 at 9:21 AM, jonlafon1 said:

Forward?  Are you shitting me?

On 1/17/2024 at 9:23 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was kinda thinking the same... 

Just bolt that fucking lower rear arm up solid so you get all the drive off the corners all the time.

Bunch of pansies.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Just bolt that fucking lower rear arm up solid so you get all the drive off the corners all the time.

Bunch of pansies.  

Well now. Don’t have to get all crazy here. :wind:

FWIW

There is a chance jimwit is a technical writer at AC after all.  I took a quick look through the catalyst service manual....

image.thumb.png.24f5aecdd15737e18c0314b178d58d55.png

check out the helix spec....

Also, they haven't published a quick reference guide update in about 5 years or so.

Also the shock section says to see the specifications section for IFP depth, etc.  There is no specifications section...

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Allyammies said:

325 miles on sled now trails were set up good last night. Hit 86 mph and pulling 8200. Seems to be getting a bit stronger but it could just be how the trails were set up.

Thanks for reply. Any chance you took a sharpie marked and blacked out the top of your primary?  Curious if it makes to shift OUT as bf bring the belt all the way UP.l.  Heading out tomorrow to BREAK the motor in. Testing and adjusting what I can clutching wise. Real close to big fields groomed and a heated garage here. 

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thanks for reply. Any chance you took a sharpie marked and blacked out the top of your primary?  Curious if it makes to shift OUT as bf bring the belt all the way UP.l.  Heading out tomorrow to BREAK the motor in. Testing and adjusting what I can clutching wise. Real close to big fields groomed and a heated garage here. 

You are going to find a wall about 80ish. Talked to a few people and they are all struggling with it as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Stop abusing it and the head light magically works. I got fresh carbides to go grind down this weekend now that I am back from a work trip and have time. I have a nitrous bottle on order to fix the walling issue. 

You need two of the big ones and get some parts overnighted from TRF 

10 minutes ago, krom said:

FWIW

There is a chance jimwit is a technical writer at AC after all.  I took a quick look through the catalyst service manual....

Also, they haven't published a quick reference guide update in about 5 years or so.

Also the shock section says to see the specifications section for IFP depth, etc.  There is no specifications section...

So I met one of the independent guys that worked with Ben on the belt drive. he said they blew an ass ton of belts especially on a race sled. There is also a gen 1 belt drive and I think there are signs of it in the final production unit. people say are for a mechanical reverse. I don’t think it is for any kind of reverse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, krom said:

FWIW

They also word the track tension specs funny.  It should read 2" at 20lbs.  But it says 20lbs at 2".. weird way of saying that 

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You need two of the big ones and get some parts overnighted from TRF 

I called hector. He is over nighting me 2 spoon engines from Japan 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

So I met one of the independent guys that worked with Ben on the belt drive. he said they blew an ass ton of belts especially on a race sled. There is also a gen 1 belt drive and I think there are signs of it in the final production unit. people say are for a mechanical reverse. I don’t think it is for any kind of reverse. 

I don't remember who said it, might have been in one of those series of catalyst tech videos cat put out, but somebody from cat mentioned a tensioner for the belt drive in the future 

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I called hector. He is over nighting me 2 spoon engines from Japan 

You'll probably twist the chassis right off the line from all the torque 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I don't remember who said it, might have been in one of those series of catalyst tech videos cat put out, but somebody from cat mentioned a tensioner for the belt drive in the future 

It’s the opposite 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Don't forget the t66 turbos and motec exhaust 

You spilled the beans on the new 4 strokes. But you got the exhaust name wrong. It’s the norcounty

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

So in development,  are you not supposed to test the boundaries? Just asking, because since it was announced, they (Cat racers) claim no issues. Just curious, as these independents  you mention. Do they exist, or is it some dumbfuck from NYM, NY, or a made up bullshit story, you are known to state. Pushing the envelope, I know. Fun days!

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

So in development,  are you not supposed to test the boundaries? Just asking, because since it was announced, they (Cat racers) claim no issues. Just curious, as these independents  you mention. Do they exist, or is it some dumbfuck from NYM, NY, or a made up bullshit story, you are known to state. Pushing the envelope, I know. Fun days!

I talked to the guy that worked with racers. You said no racers blew a belt on the belt drive. And you are wrong and back peddling. My experience with the catalyst is the same with everyone now that they are getting miles on them. You are pissed I got one when they were “sold out” and was able to go rod the shit out of it before you took delivery of it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Not greg b said:

I talked to the guy that worked with racers. You said no racers blew a belt on the belt drive. And you are wrong and back peddling. My experience with the catalyst is the same with everyone now that they are getting miles on them. You are pissed I got one when they were “sold out” and was able to go rod the shit out of it before you took delivery of it. 

No I am not. Once the belt drive was developed from prototypes, no blown belts. Blown yours? Fucking use common sense!

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I thought the gig was they've never broken a belt.

Have they? I cant find any. Did you? Oh. A blow job? Totally different. My mistake. Hope I am wrong on that.

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Name this guy btw. Geraldo?

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Have they? I cant find any. Did you? Oh. A blow job? Totally different. My mistake. Hope I am wrong on that.

You've been squawking for like 10 months on how they've never blown a drive belt on one.

• Like 2