Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Since I am out of brake in and got good snow last night. I gave it full fucking send this afternoon. Fuel mileage went from 10.8 to 8.8mpg. Still has a ton of clutch heat and now belt dust everywhere on the outside of the tunnel.  The muffler side of the tunnel is clean. Broke a carbide damnit. Good thing I have spare tires. Put about 75 miles on it today. 

IMG_3507.jpeg

Thanks for update.
Got an imbalance in the clutching with that much dust!   So these sleds have a big helix angle compared to years past I’m sensing and reading.  Usually when we go to steep big helix we need way less weight in primary and way more spring in secondary.  Just food for thought. By going to a softer secondary spring you could be making it worse with the big stock helix. .  I have no miles on mine but it sounds like clutch work will be a need once again from a stocker Cat sled.  I do have a slightly softer secondary spring but going to try stock with the exception of the heavy hitter weights I put in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thanks for update.
Got an imbalance in the clutching with that much dust!   So these sleds have a big helix angle compared to years past I’m sensing and reading.  Usually when we go to steep big helix we need way less weight in primary and way more spring in secondary.  Just food for thought. By going to a softer secondary spring you could be making it worse with the big stock helix. .  I have no miles on mine but it sounds like clutch work will be a need once again from a stocker Cat sled.  I do have a slightly softer secondary spring but going to try stock with the exception of the heavy hitter weights I put in.  

Is the 0744-080 the right clutch puller to get for the Adapt. Will be watching to see what everyone is doing. I will try and see what Rpm's are today out of break in should get a 100 miles in easy today.

32 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

Is the 0744-080 the right clutch puller to get for the Adapt. Will be watching to see what everyone is doing. I will try and see what Rpm's are today out of break in should get a 100 miles in easy today.

It’s the blue cat puller idk what the PN is but it’s the same as the teams

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allyammies said:

yup, that's the one you need, unless you have a 4 stroke.

The yami's don't have as deep of a bolt hole in the crank as the zuke/ac built engines do.  Because of that the blue 0744-080 puller bottoms out in the hole, before the threads catch.  you can either cut your existing puller, or buy a new one pn 0644-650

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thanks for update.

Looking back at the 23 600 clutching, they used the same secondary spring we have and a straight 48 helix.  Primary has same weights but the heavier initial rate 85 vs 65 on Catalyst.  Finish was 225 vs. 255 on Catalyst. (85/225 on 23 and 65/255 on Catalyst)

I have no idea how the 23 600 ran on belt heat.  Maybe someone else has an input.  The straight 48 helix is interesting with the 23 600 sleds.

I get the idea of easier pulling on the Catalyst, but the clutching is off.  Both years are using the same finish rate and angle in the secondary.  Same weights too.  Primaries are shimmed fat on the Catalyst and the spring has a higher finish rate.  The primary just can't do a full shift unless they are on pure ice.

If the 23 600 ran well, I'd love to find a primary spring in the 65/220 range and try that simple change.  Cat has a 45/225 spring, but I think it will be a bogger off the line with fat shimming.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Have not even got any running on the 24's and you are already praying for 25. LOL

n/a four strokes in an old chassis are the future... Yamaha is bringing back the Iron Dog winning Nytro for 2025

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, krom said:

yup, that's the one you need, unless you have a 4 stroke.

The yami's don't have as deep of a bolt hole in the crank as the zuke/ac built engines do.  Because of that the blue 0744-080 puller bottoms out in the hole, before the threads catch.  you can either cut your existing puller, or buy a new one pn 0644-650

I used the blue 2 weeks ago on the 24 RXC.  SHE is tight working down in that area. 

2 hours ago, favoritos said:

Looking back at the 23 600 clutching, they used the same secondary spring we have and a straight 48 helix.  Primary has same weights but the heavier initial rate 85 vs 65 on Catalyst.  Finish was 225 vs. 255 on Catalyst. (85/225 on 23 and 65/255 on Catalyst)

I have no idea how the 23 600 ran on belt heat.  Maybe someone else has an input.  The straight 48 helix is interesting with the 23 600 sleds.

I get the idea of easier pulling on the Catalyst, but the clutching is off.  Both years are using the same finish rate and angle in the secondary.  Same weights too.  Primaries are shimmed fat on the Catalyst and the spring has a higher finish rate.  The primary just can't do a full shift unless they are on pure ice.

If the 23 600 ran well, I'd love to find a primary spring in the 65/220 range and try that simple change.  Cat has a 45/225 spring, but I think it will be a bogger off the line with fat shimming.

Good stuff right here.  That’s kinda what I was wondering. I do believe Greg Has different gears/ driver?? Maybe then the RXC. Not saying that’s causing his dust and heat but we need to make sure we’re comparing apples to apples. I much prefer clutching with straight angle helixes.  I have been since 2017 on the big tunes sidewinder.  I like straights with heavy hitters. You can move the weight around on them and tune them with a straight. Anyone got a straight 48 or any other straight helix they don’t want?  

13 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

. Anyone got a straight 48 or any other straight helix they don’t want?  

Found a straight 48 on flee bay. 40 dollars.  Back up plan. I like to have a option 

3 hours ago, favoritos said:

I wonder precisely which spring and helix are in the 22/23 RXC Speedwerx XC kit, which were adapt clutches right?

https://speedwerx.com/cross-country-racing-hypershift-clutch-kit-2022-2023-zr-6000-r-xc.html 

'22' & 23 uses 0648-979 180/240 spring with 0748-048 straight 48 helix (previously mentioned).  '22 & '23 uses 23/40 gearing.  

'21 uses the same gearing but with a 0648-951 helix and 0648-953 155/222 spring. 

https://www.countrycat.com/oem-arctic-cat-parts/arctic-cat-0648-951-cam-assy-team-l-w-rev-38s-er-40s-er

Seems like a substantial increase with helix and spring in the newer one's and in the Catalyst... because of the new primary?  

I wonder what a little less weight and spring pressure in the primary would do with the stock secondary?  Going way back to the old SP's the XC's ran much lighter primary weights with taller gearing than the SX sleds did.  

Maybe there's something there, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Clutch-gearing.pdf

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

yo @krom... can you verify another Catalog Error?  21 RXC helix 0648-951 ?  

I have my brother's manual at home... Something is possibly incorrect in the parts catalog.  @Fast 440and I were discussing it back in the HCS days.

Screenshot_20240115-140535.png

my brain wasn't fully engaged... '18-21 use the Team secondary and '22-23 use the Adapt secondary.  

still... that sounds like a massive difference between the ramps 

damn are those clutches cheap... https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-0726-447-clutch-driven-uncalibrated-c

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Was -10 to -5 yesterday saw 8300 rpms once pulls hard to 80 and starts to lay down. Otherwise a pretty good ride think I will have to do something with the FTS maybe a different spring for my weight. I would take a big hit on some field crossings.

29 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

Was -10 to -5 yesterday saw 8300 rpms once pulls hard to 80 and starts to lay down. Otherwise a pretty good ride think I will have to do something with the FTS maybe a different spring for my weight. I would take a big hit on some field crossings.

Are you referring to the front TRACK shock spring?  Mind if I ask what your weight is dressed and riding? Which Catalyst you running ? Big hit as in it feels like its bottoming out?  Or?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Are you referring to the front TRACK shock spring?  Mind if I ask what your weight is dressed and riding? Which Catalyst you running ? Big hit as in it feels like its bottoming out?  Or?  

there ya go... ;)

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 3:22 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

my brain wasn't fully engaged... '18-21 use the Team secondary and '22-23 use the Adapt secondary.  

still... that sounds like a massive difference between the ramps 

damn are those clutches cheap... https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-0726-447-clutch-driven-uncalibrated-c

adapt secondary is the same thing as the team..  The castings are a little different as the adapt versions don't have the provisions to be able to make them "tied".  But springs interchange, and a team helix will bolt right into an adapt. 

The adapt helix won't fit a team secondary  because it doesnt' have the big "U" cut outs to clear the provisions for "tied" operation. 

This is the 19 RXC that used a different team secondary image.png.676c825db19408aef5146380c411ba65.png

image.png.415ca0fd3d2f1518714d26b2f2791e99.png

Can't find a performance manual, or owners manual for the rxc/rsx newer than that 19 manual