Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

100 is fast?

have you seen his posts before?  60 is fast and breaking the law... :cop:

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Will do. His pictures he posted braking in his new rxc were like 8 miles from where I live. Now if it would just snow. These last 2 huge snow storms have been a flop. We got about an inch last night not the 10-18 they were calling for. 

we got 4" measured on top the trailer and deck... getting windy now.

buddy from Madison area measured 16" 

not going down there to ride... ¬¬

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

So it’s probably a 98ish mile an hour sled on snow if you can figure it out. I have to race mine next weekend and I have even driven the thing let alone messed with the clutching

likely... idk what people were really expecting

the 20-60 zone is where the pull needs to be strong, imo

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

have you seen his posts before?  60 is fast and breaking the law... :cop:

we got 4" measured on top the trailer and deck... getting windy now.

buddy from Madison area measured 16" 

not going down there to ride... ¬¬

likely... idk what people were really expecting

the 20-60 zone is where the pull needs to be strong, imo

That mid range and not being a slug when you’re doing 60 and whack it like most 600s

8 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

That mid range and not being a slug when you’re doing 60 and whack it like most 600s

snowtrax bro said it likes to be on the pipe...  how was the mid range@Not greg b or anyone else that has a bit of seat time on the production units?

image.png

again... I think I'd gear it higher with the 8T drive and willingly lose a bit of top end but get full shift. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

and just for the sake of comparison, SP gearing offered a far wider range of options.

having only one size belt is going to limit things in the Catalyst

gearing.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

snowtrax bro said it likes to be on the pipe...  how was the mid range@Not greg b or anyone else that has a bit of seat time on the production units?

image.png

again... I think I'd gear it higher with the 8T drive and willingly lose a bit of top end but get full shift. 

Abusing it, it runs strong to about 70ish and starts to lay over. About 80 it is making all kinds of noise and takes a long way on packed down, straight, perfectly flat rail grade to get just over 90. Your ctech is way stronger from 70 on up. Your stock 500 will probably top end this thing. Can’t ride as we didn’t anymore snow out of the storm of the century last night so I am going to take the girl friend out for a ride in the truck. Probably go see the falls. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and Procross...

Chaincase_2.jpg

Chaincase_3.jpg

The pc 600 with 21/41 had no problem getting into the 90s with out slipping the living day lights out of the belt. With a tied secondary and good conditions for speed it would go over 100mph. On the plus side my left foot stays really warm. 

Any reports of belt whine on the catalyst yet?  I recall bringing this up last year and stinkipinki and jimwit ensured me that cat is light years ahead of poos belt drive system and it would be quieter than the chain drive.   So curious of those 2 geniuses were correct?   I seen a couple videos of catalyst now and it sure sounds like ou can hear the belt whine??  Can anyone verify?

• Like 2

23 RXC 600 - 21/38 8T 2.86P  (0.553 Ratio)

22 RR & LTD 600 - 22/48 9T 2.86P (0.458 Ratio)

23 RR & LTD 800 - 21/41 9T 2.86P (0.512 Ratio) 

fwiw... 

someone want to calculate the ratio of the belt driven Catalyst, I have other shit to do which involves being on a snowmobile.  :lol:

22 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Abusing it, it runs strong to about 70ish and starts to lay over. About 80 it is making all kinds of noise and takes a long way on packed down, straight, perfectly flat rail grade to get just over 90. Your ctech is way stronger from 70 on up. Your stock 500 will probably top end this thing. Can’t ride as we didn’t anymore snow out of the storm of the century last night so I am going to take the girl friend out for a ride in the truck. Probably go see the falls. 

SP5 is geared 20/46 10T 2.52P for 92mph @ 8K  

I'd be thrilled to see that speed on an actual trail as about 70-80 is realistic in most conditions... but it gets there reasonably well.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

33 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Any reports of belt whine on the catalyst yet?  I recall bringing this up last year and stinkipinki and jimwit ensured me that cat is light years ahead of poos belt drive system and it would be quieter than the chain drive.   So curious of those 2 geniuses were correct?   I seen a couple videos of catalyst now and it sure sounds like ou can hear the belt whine??  Can anyone verify?

There is zero belt wine in mine. The diamond drive sleds made way more drive noise than the catalyst ever will 

Edited by Not greg b

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

23 RXC 600 - 21/38 8T 2.86P  (0.553 Ratio)

22 RR & LTD 600 - 22/48 9T 2.86P (0.458 Ratio)

23 RR & LTD 800 - 21/41 9T 2.86P (0.512 Ratio) 

fwiw... 

someone want to calculate the ratio of the belt driven Catalyst, I have other shit to do which involves being on a snowmobile.  :lol:

I heard that it’s not a snowmobile if its only a 500

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Or the secondary is shifting out too fast with that retarded ramp and the primary can’t keep it tight

If you're saying the belt is slipping I am sorry I figured it was a given you shouldn't have a spinning belt.

Kind of weird all the people concerned about top speed on a 600.  It's the wrong sled if that's the kind of trail riding you do.

26 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If you're saying the belt is slipping I am sorry I figured it was a given you shouldn't have a spinning belt.

Kind of weird all the people concerned about top speed on a 600.  It's the wrong sled if that's the kind of trail riding you do.

It’s not the actual end number it is getting there. The amount of heat coming off the clutches cruising at 70mph is a lot. People that are on and off the throttle probably wont notice 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Idk what the bold means

On the rest it’s not really weird at all to be worried about getting max performance and reliability out of your sled, some people race them, some people have sections of trail they ride that allow a brisk pace and shouldn’t have to worry about the sled falling on its face or blowing belts in those areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It took a lot of work, but I was able to figure it out for you....

image.png.0c2dd64d2e0d7a7f619e310609c270e8.png

18 minutes ago, krom said:

It took a lot of work, but I was able to figure it out for you....

image.png.0c2dd64d2e0d7a7f619e310609c270e8.png

giphy.gif

I was on the 500 riding laps around the property at work... think I put on a mile but was able to exceed Jimwit speed on more than three occasions.  :roflcrying:

Screenshot_20240113-111015.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

You’re talking 10-20 mph?  It’s NOT gone. I noticed it driving around my yard and through the neighbor.  

14 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

You’re talking 10-20 mph?  It’s NOT gone. I noticed it driving around my yard and through the neighbor.  

That whine you here is the primary clutch bearing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It’s not the actual end number it is getting there. The amount of heat coming off the clutches cruising at 70mph is a lot. People that are on and off the throttle probably wont notice 

I would fix that heat issue depending what alot means.  If you're building excessive heat you might have an alignment issue or you need more belt tension.  You want just enough tension to hold the belt but anything more is losing efficiency.  Secondary is how you can bump that up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

I would fix that heat issue depending what alot means.  If you're building excessive heat you might have an alignment issue or you need more belt tension.  You want just enough tension to hold the belt but anything more is losing efficiency.  Secondary is how you can bump that up.

Yea we’ve been saying that for the last 7 pages while you called us all idiots…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Or the secondary is shifting out too fast with that retarded ramp and the primary can’t keep it tight

If the sled is performing good but you have heat build up lightly scuff up your clutch surface with 220 or 400 to see if it drops the temps

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

That whine you here is the primary clutch bearing.

Yea figured that. My 2021 was the same kinda electric whine sound.  It’s when you’re in that 15-25 or so. Letting off And coming down off speed I hear something.  Clutch noise whatever you call it.  I call it c a electric whine sound 

25 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yea we’ve been saying that for the last 7 pages while you called us all idiots…

So it took me one post to say what you've been saying for 7 pages?  Got it.