Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's better than Facebook... I think?

:dunno:

I see alot less childish stuff on FB and also less brand bashing.  

53 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@jonlafon1 I'm starting to agree with you. Yeah- my initial impression has changed a bit once I saw the windshield comparison. 

IMG_20231231_135120192_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231231_135207078_HDR_AE.jpg

Little birdie told me the further distance is actually warmer then what's on the procross (wind screen a lot closer).. Will see if he is accurate with information.. Im going to run the medium touring on the RXC.. the stock that came with my sled was put into the mold incorrectly and would have covered the eyebrow light on the right side of headlight.. LOL.. Not that the stocker was anything more then 5" high maybe.. Who ever made the windshields for catalyst fucked a bunch of them up. 

33 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Little birdie told me the further distance is actually warmer then what's on the procross (wind screen a lot closer).. Will see if he is accurate with information.. Im going to run the medium touring on the RXC.. the stock that came with my sled was put into the mold incorrectly and would have covered the eyebrow light on the right side of headlight.. LOL.. Not that the stocker was anything more then 5" high maybe.. Who ever made the windshields for catalyst fucked a bunch of them up. 

@jonlafon1 Did you get any pics of the messed up windshield? That's amazing. 

43 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Little birdie told me the further distance is actually warmer then what's on the procross (wind screen a lot closer).. 

The gap between the rider and the Matryx is way too far. I thought the Procross was pretty warm actually on the '12-'17. Less warm on the second gen bodywork just in the way the body work wrapped around and you had wind wrapping around and in to your lap.....

14630_side_rider_web.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Ziemann said:

@jonlafon1 Did you get any pics of the messed up windshield? That's amazing. 

No. The dealer held it up to the sled with no windshield and I didn't notice it right away.. I did not take a pic.. Dealer is going to get me the stocker but its useless IMO. They had a few that came that way from the factory.. The cut out for the eyebrow was on the wrong side completely..   They had a medium touring that I bought anyways, so no biggie..  Going to plasti dip flat black..  I was surprised the "mid touring"  was decent on the catalyst.. I was expecting a huge size but I thought it looks decent.. Getting sprayed tonight.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Less warm on the second gen bodywork just in the way the body work wrapped around and you had wind wrapping around and in to your lap.....

For sure.. Wrapped around and gets you right in the cojones!   And the Catalyst could be the same as its very narrow.. Lighter lighter lighter = colder.  Will see about the windshield distance.. Hope they put more time and engineering into it then the f up windshield(stocker) being molded backwards.  

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

You mean people on Facebook don't suggest you work at McDonald's because of the sled you ride? Or say you're brainless for riding what you do? I can help you with that if so.

Edited by Sled_Hed

10 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

You mean people on Facebook don't suggest you work at McDonald's because of the sled you ride? Or say you're brainless for riding what you do? I can help you with that if so.

Not on the groups I follow.  Sounds like a good time though I can't tell if those examples were from here or FB, I'd believe either way but the shit post per x content is much higher here and seems to get very personal.  Alot of hurt people here 

16 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Unless you have an Oh tree F seven you have an inferior snowmobile and work at goodwill. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Not on the groups I follow.  Sounds like a good time though I can't tell if those examples were from here or FB, I'd believe either way but the shit post per x content is much higher here and seems to get very personal.  Alot of hurt people here 

That's the unfortunate aspect of using the HCS forum here, or even the CE, for sled content.  It's pretty much guaranteed to be a shit show ... with a small amount of legit chatter mixed in.

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Those are from here. I'll work on my sarcasm.

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Unless you have an Oh tree F seven you have an inferior snowmobile and work at goodwill. 

Unfortunately I still just have thee oh sex see f 7. I wish I worked at goodwill.

14 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's the unfortunate aspect of using the HCS forum here, or even the CE, for sled content.  It's pretty much guaranteed to be a shit show ... with a small amount of legit chatter mixed in.

Yeah, that's why my sled post is where it is. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Those are from here. I'll work on my sarcasm.

Unfortunately I still just have thee oh sex see f 7. I wish I worked at goodwill.

Yeah, that's why my sled post is where it is. 

It’s a shame us peasants aren’t worthy of the 03 f7 

49 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Why don’t you go hang out on HCS? Oh, that’s right, you’re banned from there. :lol2: 19,227 posts, all those years of time and effort to be flushed down the shitter because you couldn’t keep your mouth shut. But then that’s rather obvious looking at your fat ass in the FB photo. With a beer gut that big is no wonder you ride old man, geriatric type sleds. 

6E98631E-1191-4054-BCA2-1422B01326B9.png

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

Maybe, but it imo isn't really a great conveyor of actual information... forums work much better for that.  GDF is what the GDF is...  a shit show with fun and interesting characters and some valuable information mixed in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Why don’t you go hang out on HCS? Oh, that’s right, you’re banned from there. :lol2: 

Weird ... then we see this quote of yours:

On 10/21/2021 at 2:49 PM, AK440 said:

The HCS site is much better now than it was before the great purge. Look at this place, it’s fricking dead. Much better info and traffic on the original HCS site. This place is one step above PSP for lack of traffic and overall lameness.

Maybe the question is, why aren't YOU hanging out on HCS?  Oh, that's right - you were actually banned (multiple times) vs. those of us who told VS Joe to fuck off and basically asked to be banned.

If you're gonna stalk, at least get shit right :lol:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Maybe, but it imo isn't really a great conveyor of actual information... forums work much better for that.  GDF is what the GDF is...  a shit show with fun and interesting characters and some valuable information mixed in.

Yeah forum format is much better than Facebook but there's pretty much no real sled content here.  

Just a bunch of liquid cooled fag tards here (am I doing this right?)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Yeah forum format is much better than Facebook but there's pretty much no real sled content here.  

Just a bunch of liquid cooled fag tards here (am I doing this right?)

there's no fan cooled mafia here... or on any sled forum I'm aware of.  

@ckf would probably create one if ya ask and it gets utilized.  but what about the free air folks, where's their forum?  

I hit Facebook for literally four... maybe five groups, and three of those five are poorly ran and a literally a joke.  

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's no fan cooled mafia here... or on any sled forum I'm aware of.  

@ckf would probably create one if ya ask and it gets utilized.  but what about the free air folks, where's their forum?  

I hit Facebook for literally four... maybe five groups, and three of those five are poorly ran and a literally a joke.  

We're on the dark web.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

We're on the dark web.

Very dark... with a monthly newsletter.

Bitcoin only payments?  :roflcrying:

Seeing more ZR 440 fanners getting grabbed and 'him' is making pistons for them.  Getem before they're gone and suddenly $8k 

:lol:

7 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Any 858's on the line this week? Must be time for photo shoot!!!!

ask @ZR6000RR

he'll getcha the real scoop

6 hours ago, Ziemann said:

The gap between the rider and the Matryx is way too far. I thought the Procross was pretty warm actually on the '12-'17. Less warm on the second gen bodywork just in the way the body work wrapped around and you had wind wrapping around and in to your lap.....

14630_side_rider_web.jpg

as a near pants shitter I'm not willing to sacrifice any less comfort than I already am.  maybe they should start mounting the windscreen on the bumper... or the skis?  :dunno:

major pet peeve on the Book... brain dead morons who post skies.  

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

having seen several of them in the wild... the Carhartt Crew are weirdos.  

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

Why don’t you go hang out on HCS? Oh, that’s right, you’re banned from there. :lol2: 19,227 posts, all those years of time and effort to be flushed down the shitter because you couldn’t keep your mouth shut. But then that’s rather obvious looking at your fat ass in the FB photo. With a beer gut that big is no wonder you ride old man, geriatric type sleds. 

6E98631E-1191-4054-BCA2-1422B01326B9.png

nothing better to be doing?  If I had as much epic snow as you I certainly wouldn't be on here. 

that's right... you're a liar.  Nevermind.

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Weird ... then we see this quote of yours:

Maybe the question is, why aren't YOU hanging out on HCS?  Oh, that's right - you were actually banned (multiple times) vs. those of us who told VS Joe to fuck off and basically asked to be banned.

If you're gonna stalk, at least get shit right :lol:

what was your New Year's resolution... arguing with idiots on the Internet?   

congratulations...

10 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Sigh.

Zr440 fanner is an oxymoron

A Z out of the crate is 8k today I know that much

you know what I meant... ;)

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Very dark... with a monthly newsletter.

Bitcoin only payments?  :roflcrying:

Seeing more ZR 440 fanners getting grabbed and 'him' is making pistons for them.  Getem before they're gone and suddenly $8k 

:lol:

Fans blow 

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he'll getcha the real scoop

Already told this. Next week they plan to build the media sleds (will include the 858). Test sleds as well as demo sleds, (need snow for all of this), then full production (on all models will follow. Lines will be draped, so no tours until model introduction. Not a betting man, but would lean towards the 858 being last on the line. Still playing with lots of items, I'm guessing. Crn, or crm, or what ever is your pronoun, that's the story I was given from some pretty high in the food chain. Got it?