Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

The new issue of SnowGoer just arrived. The test crew liked the narrower cockpit and lighter feel of the Catalyst 600 compared to the previous chassis.

Here are some interesting observations from the testers:  

best power / favorite engine -- Polaris

best handling (front end)-- Polaris

best stutter-bump absorption (rear end) -- Ski-Doo

Cat's 600 is described as having a "rowdy" engine with a bit more mid-range than the Doo 600. Handling is described as "good" but "falling short of great." 

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CaddisFly said:

The new issue of SnowGoer just arrived. The test crew liked the narrower cockpit and lighter feel of the Catalyst 600 compared to the previous chassis.

Cat's 600 is described as having a "rowdy" engine with a bit more mid-range than the Doo 600. Handling is described as "good" but "falling short of great." 

After sitting on the catalyst for the first time at haydays and then walking over to the vr1 next door, they are very similar in riding positions. The catalyst reminded me a lot of the Sno pro 500 with how everything feels sitting on the sled and sight lines. It’s almost like it is a cross between the Polaris and sp500. The sp500 had a seat very similar to the catalyst seat. Short, wide in the rear, and like a dirt bike seat in the front. 

46 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

After sitting on the catalyst for the first time at haydays and then walking over to the vr1 next door, they are very similar in riding positions. The catalyst reminded me a lot of the Sno pro 500 with how everything feels sitting on the sled and sight lines. It’s almost like it is a cross between the Polaris and sp500. The sp500 had a seat very similar to the catalyst seat. Short, wide in the rear, and like a dirt bike seat in the front. 

@ 2:25

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@ 2:25

The seat and how the how skis stick out of body work when sitting on it is just like the Sno pro. Will be interesting to see how it rides. If only I still had my shocks from my old Sno pro 700 and could make them fit 

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The seat and how the how skis stick out of body work when sitting on it is just like the Sno pro. Will be interesting to see how it rides. If only I still had my shocks from my old Sno pro 700 and could make them fit 

I wonder if your TH PC shocks would have worked on it... or if c2c is the same?

:good: or :dunno: @krom

edit:  idk, the resi's might be at the wrong angle... ?

shahkn.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Reservoirs tucked in for industry leading mass centralization.

need to get a better look but the upper mounts might just be at a different angle and it wouldn't matter what angle the lower is as long as the clearance is the same. 

who knows if the center to center is the same? 

if Procross shocks will fit the front and skid that may make it easy to upgrade a lower trim level model using the higher end Procross RR/TH or RXC shocks.  

13 hours ago, CaddisFly said:

The Polaris used in the issue was the 650 so that's not surprising against 600s. The 650 gives big bores a run up to 70.

The crew cited the stock skis as the item holding the Catalyst back from great handling, a sentiment I've shared on Cats forever. Really their only true gripe was engine noise which they said was exceptionally loud.

They described the Catalyst as light agile and balanced with an ideal riding position reminiscent of the sno pro 500.... "All snowmobiles should be this fun!" Sounds like a winner to me.

They also gave it Sled of the Year honors in the November issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Premium said:

The Polaris used in the issue was the 650 so that's not surprising against 600s. The 650 gives big bores a run up to 70.

The crew cited the stock skis as the item holding the Catalyst back from great handling, a sentiment I've shared on Cats forever. Really their only true gripe was engine noise which they said was exceptionally loud.

They described the Catalyst as light agile and balanced with an ideal riding position reminiscent of the sno pro 500.... "All snowmobiles should be this fun!" Sounds like a winner to me.

Wait are they past the November issue?  I'm supposedly in the November issue and wanted to get that issue.

6 hours ago, Premium said:

The Catalyst I rode last March was very quiet, I thought. Quieter than my 22. Now I wear a CKX Mission helmet and that really blocks out noise, but being quieter than my 22 says a lot. I am sure they were still in validation testing on the sound insulation for the full on production models. Also what elevation were they comparing too? A larger engine will have advantages in elevation. Comparing the poo 650 to the Cat at basically sea level, I thought the Cat more than held it's own. I rode them back to back pretty much.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Wait are they past the November issue?  I'm supposedly in the November issue and wanted to get that issue.

I have the digital subscription so there may be earlier access than the print?

I should also add that the article Caddisfly is referencing is considered the October issue according to my digital access dashboard on snowgoer.com

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Will they be starting to build cattleist next week or will it be a while yet?

I'm sure jimwit will jump in and correct me, but despite him saying they will all be built in oct and nov...

of the sleds we have on order, the earliest production date (subject to change) is an M on 10-30. 

all of our 129's are showing second week of December.  trucking can add a few days to a couple of weeks (no rhyme or reason to how long it takes)

They told the folks at haydays that about 80 sleds a day get built now (assuming parts are available)

Edited by krom