Jump to content

Something looks different then it did in 60’s…. Hmmm!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stupid f'ing climate alarmists .... talk about the dumb of the dumb.  This shit has been going on for THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS of years, yet let's listen to Al Gore!!!   We seriously deserve to be hi

Maybe the army Corp of engineers should take out all of the dams and flood walls, that protect cities built below sea level. The same religion was on here talking about lake mead drying up a month ago

Thought this was going to be a thread about hairy vs. shaved snatch...

Posted Images

  • Gold Member

You guys are going to collapse google search engine in the furious attempt to justify this fresh water and land disappearing under the sea and becoming a salt water ocean sea floor in just 70 years

Edited by BOHICA
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Some of these guys could have snorkels on outside their backyards and still won't beleive in sea level rise...:lol:....deniers are hopeless.They will see it with their own eyes and still be in denial

Doubtful that's happen. More likely a strong shift in population as people move to the upper midwest and north east Because those will be the most human friendly for climate and fresh water. The west and south west will become increasingly less inhabitable. That'll get their attention. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Doubtful that's happen. More likely a strong shift in population as people move to the upper midwest and north east Because those will be the most human friendly for climate and fresh water. The west and south west will become increasingly less inhabitable. That'll get their attention. :lol: 

Coonasses and Californians for everyone as a result of climate change.  Sounds pleasant 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

To go from a 22,000 acre island to a mere 320 acre island in a span of 70 years is impressive change….

The big Island of Hawaii is growing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The religion didn’t care about a Indian town being submerged by lake mead. Now that it is being exposed by low water,it’s a climate emergency. 

A6731674-EA4E-4180-A32E-643DCFC8998B.png

F2D8A186-9DCF-4256-9259-D8EE95CA5E4D.png

55EC7184-DD15-4869-8C2E-22DAFE06FE16.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BOHICA said:

Coonasses and Californians for everyone as a result of climate change.  Sounds pleasant 

There's a fairly tight band of temperatures that attract most humans. The blazing temps and now arid conditions of the south west are the future. Wells are running dry and areas are becoming uninhabitable. The people have to go somewhere. Given that it's a global phenomena means the same thing is occurring elsewhere. When resources get scarce people migrate and then the cannons come out. There's also the melting of Arctic Ice. When those water ways open up, China is going to have a tremendous shipping advantage. They'll no longer have to use the Straight of Malacca. America will lose a huge advantage because Malacca will have lost its strategic advantage. It's probably the only thing keeping China from invading Taiwan. China knows that America would slam the door on Malacca if they ever invaded. That would shut down 90% of Chinese trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What if the island is sinking and it's not the sea level rising??

Don't be silly and non scientific!!!! This is due to sea level rise, global warming and nothing else!!! :lol:

And Bohica and Viper wonder why they get laughed at steady on here. :news:

The island has lost about 98% of its landmass over the past 70 years due to a combination of factors, including frequent storms and subsidence — the sinking and compacting of coastal land.Sept 4, 2021

Land subsidence is a gradual settling or sudden sinking of the Earth's surface owing to subsurface movement of earth materials. The principal causes of land subsidence are aquifer-system compaction, drainage of organic soils, underground mining, hydrocompaction, natural compaction, sinkholes, and thawing permafrost.Mar 2, 2019

https://www.nola.com/news/environment/article_b3b6e483-aab1-577c-90f8-9170d746338d.html

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the sediment that washes down the rivers all day every day don't you think the water level would have to rise at some point??  Have you ever seen the satellite pics of the Connecticut River dumping into long island sound during hurricane Irene.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, irv said:

Don't be silly and non scientific!!!! This is due to sea level rise, global warming and nothing else!!! :lol:

And Bohica and Viper wonder why they get laughed at steady on here. :news:

The island has lost about 98% of its landmass over the past 70 years due to a combination of factors, including frequent storms and subsidence — the sinking and compacting of coastal land.Sept 4, 2021

Land subsidence is a gradual settling or sudden sinking of the Earth's surface owing to subsurface movement of earth materials. The principal causes of land subsidence are aquifer-system compaction, drainage of organic soils, underground mining, hydrocompaction, natural compaction, sinkholes, and thawing permafrost.Mar 2, 2019

https://www.nola.com/news/environment/article_b3b6e483-aab1-577c-90f8-9170d746338d.html

 

 

 

 

Only a matter of time and you will see the light.......Doomsday Glacier bro

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is subsidence?

 

Land subsidence is a gradual settling or sudden sinking of the Earth’s surface.

Subsidence can happen over very large areas like whole states or provinces, or very small areas like the corner of your yard. In the Chesapeake Bay area, for example, land subsidence may be caused by a combination of sediment loading (when rivers deposit sediment in an area that then sinks under the additional weight) and sediment compaction after groundwater is removed.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/subsidence.html

https://science.jrank.org/pages/6563/Subsidence-Geologic-subsidence.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Only a matter of time and you will see the light.......Doomsday Glacier bro

The only thing I see is your continuous ignorance and your lack of effort to ever research anything before you post it. :news:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold Member

The island is sinking it is around an acre a day is going under water every single day since the 1960’s Impressive Sinkage!  That is if you believe that a sinking island is the cause of going from 22000 acres to 300 acres on the island.

Edited by BOHICA
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

The island is sinking it is around an acre a day is going under water every single day since the 1960’s Impressive Sinkage!  That is if you believe that a sinking island is the cause of going from 22000 acres to 300 acres on the island.

So you're saying sea level is rising that fast? :dunno: Give your head a shake dude then go have it read by a professional.

Check out this vid. All in less than one day. :news:

Is a sinkhole classed as subsidence?
 
Sinkholes are just one of many forms of ground collapse, or subsidence. Land subsidence is a gradual settling or sudden sinking of the Earth's surface owing to subsurface movement of earth materials.
 

 

Edited by irv
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The island is sinking it is around an acre a day is going under water every single day since the 1960’s Impressive Sinkage!  That is if you believe that a sinking island is the cause of going from 22000 acres to 300 acres on the island.

You should lock yourself in the attic and stay there.

What an epic beat down this thread has become.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Thought this was going to be a thread about hairy vs. shaved snatch...

That would have been better and maybe had brought OT out of retirement

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, BOHICA said:

Year round flood???  That is odd.

Funny  I own a bunch of land in the 1800s most was wild rice now it is woods . Can you explain that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...