Check your account email address ×

Death Valley sets new all-time highest September temp on Planet

:news:

Death Valley is famous as the hottest place on earth and driest place in North America. The world record highest air temperature of 134°F (57°C) was recorded at Furnace Creek on July 10, 1913. Summer temperatures often top 120°F (49°C) in the shade with overnight lows dipping into the 90s°F (mid-30s°C.)Feb 5, 2022

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The records continue to fall at an ever increasing rate....wow

September in the Northern hemisphere you would think things might be cooling down a touch but doesn’t appear that is happening.

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We could use some of that here.  Cool, cloudy, rainy for 2 days now. Bummer for all the plans we made for the long weekend. :sad:

Same as us. Temps down to 10 Celsius at night and not much warmer than 20-22 degrees during the day. But "GLOBAL" warming!!!

Funny, isn't it, how the weather is so unpredictable and how things/records get broken all the time. :news:

Death Valley is sizzling weeks after "record rainiest day".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/09/02/death-valley-heatwave-rain-record/

Sounds like a great place to talk about temperatures, but, of course, the sheep don't think about that.

Why so Hot? The depth and shape of Death Valley influence its summer temperatures. The valley is a long, narrow basin 282 feet (86 m) below sea level, yet is walled by high, steep mountain ranges. The clear, dry air and sparse plant cover allow sunlight to heat the desert surface.Feb 5, 2022

1 minute ago, irv said:

Same as us. Temps down to 10 Celsius at night and not much warmer than 20-22 degrees during the day. But "GLOBAL" warming!!!

Funny, isn't it, how the weather is so unpredictable and how things/records get broken all the time. :news:

Death Valley is sizzling weeks after "record rainiest day".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/09/02/death-valley-heatwave-rain-record/

Sounds like a great place to talk about temperatures, but, of course, the sheep don't think about that.

Why so Hot? The depth and shape of Death Valley influence its summer temperatures. The valley is a long, narrow basin 282 feet (86 m) below sea level, yet is walled by high, steep mountain ranges. The clear, dry air and sparse plant cover allow sunlight to heat the desert surface.Feb 5, 2022

We had our local mardi graw on the lake yesterday. It was so cold and shitty we didn’t bother. People were standing in the water with big sweatshirts and coats. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We had our local mardi graw on the lake yesterday. It was so cold and shitty we didn’t bother. People were standing in the water with big sweatshirts and coats. 

Yep, been cold here for a few days now as well. Track pants and a sweater has been my attire. Awoke this morning to 10 degrees C and it is currently sitting at 16, or 60 degrees F. Called for rain the last couple days and the rest of the week and now they are saying no rain at all?? 

Hard to imagine these "climatologists" can't predict a few days in advance but can tell us what the weather is going to be like in a year or 10. :news:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, irv said:

Yep, been cold here for a few days now as well. Track pants and a sweater has been my attire. Awoke this morning to 10 degrees C and it is currently sitting at 16, or 60 degrees F. Called for rain the last couple days and the rest of the week and now they are saying no rain at all?? 

Hard to imagine these "climatologists" can't predict a few days in advance but can tell us what the weather is going to be like in a year or 10. :news:

Your version of cold and mine are quite different.

Weather people do it too. 

"Cold" to me is below -20 ish C, maybe closer to -30

Hot is anything over +20 C.

127F is just pack up and move stupid hot,

To each his own.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Your version of cold and mine are quite different.

Weather people do it too. 

"Cold" to me is below -20 ish C, maybe closer to -30

Hot is anything over +20 C.

127F is just pack up and move stupid hot,

To each his own.

It's still summer. Cold in the summer is a lot different than cold in the winter. +20 in the summer is not "hot" for summer weather. +20 in the winter would be. 

1 minute ago, irv said:

It's still summer. Cold in the summer is a lot different than cold in the winter. +20 in the summer is not "hot" for summer weather. +20 in the winter would be. 

True, but I loth summer and people whine like little bitches at anything -10 or lower.

Summer can fuck right off along with the heat, bugs and tourists.

I'm really still hoping for the whole 80's global cooling to make a comeback.

1 hour ago, irv said:

Death Valley is famous as the hottest place on earth and driest place in North America. The world record highest air temperature of 134°F (57°C) was recorded at Furnace Creek on July 10, 1913. Summer temperatures often top 120°F (49°C) in the shade with overnight lows dipping into the 90s°F (mid-30s°C.)Feb 5, 2022

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The records continue to fall at an ever increasing rate....wow

Woops

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

September in the Northern hemisphere you would think things might be cooling down a touch but doesn’t appear that is happening.

Been great (normal) weather here for weeks on end. 

58 minutes ago, Snake said:

56 degrees right now.

66 here ...

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Woops

66 here ...

66F from July to September would be awesome, IMO. 

Much like -5C or 25F would be fine for those that hate winter.

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Last weekend we were up on the east arm of Traverse Bay. It was nice. Saturday here at home this weekend sucked balls and so did most of the past few weeks. Still too hot and humid for me. Today it’s just cloudy, damp and 70. Detailing the work car and my pickup, in the garage, is a sweat fest. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, irv said:

2 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Woops

The 134 degree record is highly debatable and likely didn't happen with nearby areas much cooler.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

66F from July to September would be awesome, IMO. 

Much like -5C or 25F would be fine for those that hate winter.

Concur...

21 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Last weekend we were up on the east arm of Traverse Bay. It was nice. Saturday here at home this weekend sucked balls and so did most of the past few weeks. Still too hot and humid for me. Today it’s just cloudy, damp and 70. Detailing the work car and my pickup, in the garage, is a sweat fest. 

Yea was warm & humid for a few days. I had to tell the woman I didn't piss my pants when I walked in a few days ago ...shorts soaked from sweating lol.

But been upper 70s & mid 50s at night for a long stretch. Pretty darn nice imo. But I like upper 50s just as good too tho...

4 hours ago, irv said:

Just pay more taxes or you hate the planet.