Check your account email address ×

The greediest and whiniest living generation...

Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964

Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979 

Xennials 1975 1985

Millennials Generation Y, Gen Next 1980 1994 

iGen / Gen Z 1995 2012

Gen Alpha 2013 2025

I'm going with the boomers and millennials at the moment.

Change my mind.

Boomers were the largest voting block until Gen X came along.  Definitely the toughest, given all the soft handed whiney millenial Gen Zs out there.  We grew up without video games and cell phones, modern day cyber crack.  :snack:  If you are a grown ass man and can't change a tire, you're a pussy, end of story.  But congratulations for going along with the GenX narrative at casting aspersions at generations before you.  First time ever, that previous generations were blamed for all the ills that the government has foisted on the public.  Be better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Boomers were the largest voting block until Gen X came along.  Definitely the toughest, given all the soft handed whiney millenial Gen Zs out there.  We grew up without video games and cell phones, modern day cyber crack.  :snack:  If you are a grown ass man and can't change a tire, you're a pussy, end of story.  But congratulations for going along with the GenX narrative at casting aspersions at generations before you.  First time ever, that previous generations were blamed for all the ills that the government has foisted on the public.  Be better.

Boomers are fucking trash and have fucked up everything so bad it will never be fixed. Nice work moron 

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

True story

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:thumb: And the other end of the spectrum is Gen X

Yup , most of the X gens I meet have functioning brains. Still some morons but not nearly the level of boomer retardation. 

• Like 1

Boomers grew up doing jobs the younger generations are now too good for. Now they need a college degree to pay for their Starbucks, Prozac, therapy, and sex change hormones. It’s got so bizarre I can’t even look at it anymore. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , most of the X gens I meet have functioning brains. Still some morons but not nearly the level of boomer retardation. 

They got theirs, so fuck you (and me). ;)

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Boomers are fucking trash and have fucked up everything so bad it will never be fixed. Nice work moron 

Boomers were a big part of the underfunding... because politicians from both teams were too cowardly to make them fund their own benefits.

As a boomer I never had the bizarre spending habits of the newer versions of Americans. I hear constant whining from these people about shit that they can’t afford. Like this latest inflationary period. The whiny fucks never had to deal with this before. Well guess what….this is fucking life. You all would’ve killed yourselves had you lived through the early eighties. Or worse yet, the early “70’s. 18% home loans, 20% unemployment, and 14% inflation, and 5 block gas lines to fill your car. Fuck you all. Fucking cry babies. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Boomers grew up doing jobs the younger generations are now too good for. Now they need a college degree to pay for their Starbucks, Prozac, therapy, and sex change hormones. It’s got so bizarre I can’t even look at it anymore. 

Boomers were also getting paid very well for those jobs unlike today. I have an uncle who’s a Boomer and he walked out of Proctor & Gamble in 1998 at the age of 48 as a millionaire with only a lunch pail and a HS diploma invested. In the last 30 years most of those jobs were farmed to foreign countries because Boomer CEO’s didn’t want to pay workers the same gluttonous wages and bennies they received.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Boomers were also getting paid very well for those jobs unlike today. I have an uncle who’s a Boomer and he walked out of Proctor & Gamble in 1998 at the age of 48 as a millionaire with only a lunch pail and a HS diploma invested. In the last 30 years most of those jobs were farmed to foreign countries because Boomer CEO’s didn’t want to pay workers the same gluttonous wages and bennies they received.

I worked for $2.28 an hour as a Machinist.

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That’s nonsense. Where do you get this malarkey? The majority of boomers will tell that it was a struggle. And we didn’t have Netflix, cell phones, and countless other “necessities’ as seen today. The loose lending for car loans didn’t exist back then either. We drove a lot of shit vehicles that we pieced together ourselves. The one issue that I’ll grant you has changed dramatically is health care costs. It’s drowning everyone right now. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

That’s nonsense. Where do you get this malarkey? The majority of boomers will tell that it was a struggle. And we didn’t have Netflix, cell phones, and countless other “necessities’ as seen today. The loose lending for car loans didn’t exist back then either. We drove a lot of shit vehicles that we pieces together ourselves. The only issue that I’ll grant you has changed dramatically is health care costs. It’s drowning everyone right now. 

I don't know about that. My father and many of my friends as well always had new vehicles every 3 to 4 yrs on 1 income. We always had new sleds every 2 yrs as well. My father work in a factory unskilled labor.

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s nonsense. Where do you get this malarkey? The majority of boomers will tell that it was a struggle. And we didn’t have Netflix, cell phones, and countless other “necessities’ as seen today. The loose lending for car loans didn’t exist back then either. We drove a lot of shit vehicles that we pieced together ourselves. The one issue that I’ll grant you has changed dramatically is health care costs. It’s drowning everyone right now. 

It’s not malarkey, a lot of that generation was compensated well for menial work. I still remember in 1985 when we were at grandma’s house on Christmas Eve, my uncle would leave the party early and work 3rd shift and receive holiday pay @ $37.50 per hr. If you calculated the current cost of living 37 years later I can promise you the people today are not making that kind of money doing the same job. Holiday pay for that same scenario today would probably be around $80 per hour.

24 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I planted trees for $0.10 a tree and and peeled Popple for $0.10 cents of stick. No issues with Baby Boomers or Gen X

I worked at several Farms in the late 50's early 60's, baling hay I only made 50 cents A DAY.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I planted trees for $0.10 a tree and and peeled Popple for $0.10 cents of stick. No issues with Baby Boomers or Gen X

I worked nights in a saw mill feeding edgings into a chipper. Was like 13 year old...

I raked blueberries... try that for more than a day.

Was always ready when hay baling time came around...

Picked potatoes....

Oh... not a boomer.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It’s not malarkey, a lot of that generation was compensated well for menial work. I still remember in 1985 when we were at grandma’s house on Christmas Eve, my uncle would leave the party early and work 3rd shift and receive holiday pay @ $37.50 per hr. If you calculated the current cost of living 37 years later I can promise you the people today are not making that kind of money doing the same job. Holiday pay for that same scenario today would probably be around $80 per hour.

At UPS we had what was called '800 dollar days'.... double time and a half.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I did the newspaper route

Then onto the farm , bailing hay , planting strawberries, feeding chickens .

My first real job was in 1979 . Construction laborer for $2.25 an hr. 

The next yr I was in fla working on a airforce base runway . Prevailing wage the was $7.25 an hr. prevailing wage for a laborer now is $64