Check your account email address ×

Roe and SCOTUS

IDK about what happens in your household, but my wife and daughter are far more 'anti-Republican' than they were last week.  Maybe bad timing for SCOTUS and the GOP to announce before the mid-terms as there are a lot of women eligible to vote in 2022 and beyond.   

Are they going after the 19th amendment next?

• Platinum Contributing Member

18 yr old Daughter and my girlfriend didn't seem to care much because you can still have an abortion if you want. It's really just fodder for the simple minded..

But they are super pissed off at the insane prices of everything especially fuel, it's killing my daughter to the point it's almost not worth her not having a job

• Like 5

:lol:

Is there like a talking point news letter that goes out?   Fuck, people can’t have a thought in their head without it being put there.   

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

18 yr old Daughter and my girlfriend didn't seem to care much because you can still have an abortion if you want. It's really just fodder for the simple minded..

But they are super pissed off at the insane prices of everything especially fuel, it's killing my daughter to the point it's almost not worth her not having a job

Thank you.   I guess the women in my life know what is happening and are not so easily led by bullshit lies. 

• Like 4

Polls show almost nine in 10 Americans oppose Biden and Pelosi’s extreme position of abortion on demand until birth.

A Trafalgar Group poll last month showed less than 12% of Americans support abortions to birth, while 57% believe abortions should be banned once an unborn baby’s heartbeat can be detected at about six weeks. Even among Democrats, only 19% think that abortion should be legal until birth.

Scientific advances showing us detailed ultrasound photos inside the womb, and allowing premature babies to survive at 25 weeks, have changed the equation. Most Americans want reasonable restrictions with compassionate exceptions to safeguard the mother’s life and in the cases of rape and incest — which Planned Parenthood’s own research arm, the Guttmacher Institute, says is less than 1% of abortions.

What’s more, a Rasmussen poll last month showed 48% of voters said they would approve of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, and 45% would disapprove. Among Democratic voters, 33% said they would approve.

And a Fox News poll found 54% of voters supported state laws banning abortion at 15 weeks, such as in Mississippi, where the Supreme Court case originated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Polls show almost nine in 10 Americans oppose Biden and Pelosi’s extreme position of abortion on demand until birth.

A Trafalgar Group poll last month showed less than 12% of Americans support abortions to birth, while 57% believe abortions should be banned once an unborn baby’s heartbeat can be detected at about six weeks. Even among Democrats, only 19% think that abortion should be legal until birth.

Scientific advances showing us detailed ultrasound photos inside the womb, and allowing premature babies to survive at 25 weeks, have changed the equation. Most Americans want reasonable restrictions with compassionate exceptions to safeguard the mother’s life and in the cases of rape and incest — which Planned Parenthood’s own research arm, the Guttmacher Institute, says is less than 1% of abortions.

What’s more, a Rasmussen poll last month showed 48% of voters said they would approve of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, and 45% would disapprove. Among Democratic voters, 33% said they would approve.

And a Fox News poll found 54% of voters supported state laws banning abortion at 15 weeks, such as in Mississippi, where the Supreme Court case originated.

At a birthday party yesterday and it was a 100% …. Yeah, that is disgusting! 

• Gold Member

:lol:

If my Wife was fuming mad about this it would be time for a divorce....She knows you can still get an abortion if you want.

And Plan B is still readily available. She tells me about the sluts bragging to her its their "weekend drug"...

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

IDK about what happens in your household, but my wife and daughter are far more 'anti-Republican' than they were last week.  Maybe bad timing for SCOTUS and the GOP to announce before the mid-terms as there are a lot of women eligible to vote in 2022 and beyond.   

And let me guess, you didn't even bother to discuss with your daughter that the SCOTUS ruling gave power back to the States to decide?  Or is your family just the CNN type of news followers?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Exactly what amendment of the Constitution did sending it back to the states 'violate'?

You understand to kill an amendment you need a shit ton more than a SCOTUS ruling....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Aren't you in NY where it's immaterial as those states aren't turning to the pubs anyways so abrtions safe.  how this effect the southern and central states will be the bigger question.  

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Exactly what amendment of the Constitution did sending it back to the states 'violate'?

You understand to kill an amendment you need a shit ton more than a SCOTUS ruling....

right and left alike work off emotion.  very few will get into the nuance and see why this happened and what it really means.    Will it hurt republicans in purple states I think so.  Even if their state has legal abortion there will still be concerns. i think it also loses the republicans some state level seats in a lot of states as thats more important than ever if they market ti correctly.    Thats a spot where you can play on emotion but also the fact that it's important to kick republicans out if you think abortion should be legal.    

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:lmao:  Can you point out the abortion amendment?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

right and left alike work off emotion.  very few will get into the nuance and see why this happened and what it really means.    Will it hurt republicans in purple states I think so.  Even if their state has legal abortion there will still be concerns. i think it also loses the republicans some state level seats in a lot of states as thats more important than ever if they market ti correctly.    Thats a spot where you can play on emotion but also the fact that it's important to kick republicans out if you think abortion should be legal.    

Lot's of time before now and November to pay higher gas and food prices.    In the end most people vote with their wallet. 

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Aren't you in NY where it's immaterial as those states aren't turning to the pubs anyways so abrtions safe.  how this effect the southern and central states will be the bigger question.  

If you need to kill you baby that bad its not that difficult to drive/fly to another State . plenty of States to choose from. 

And if you work for Dicks sporting good, Amazon, Apple and a slew of others they will pay you for it . 

54 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

If you need to kill you baby that bad its not that difficult to drive/fly to another State . plenty of States to choose from. 

And if you work for Dicks sporting good, Amazon, Apple and a slew of others they will pay you for it . 

Remember when the left hated corporations?   Pepperidge Farms remembers.

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

doesn;t help the poor rural kid whose lifes going to be the same shitty one she grew up in because she was forced to have a kid and can't afford to travel.   

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep in NY, already talks of free flights to get your abortion in NY..lol

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep in NY, already talks of free flights to get your abortion in NY..lol

I'm going to start an abortions travel business.  I'll start a non profit pay myself 90% of the income and southern girls can come here for free and I'll buy them their abortion every once in awhile.  Be the ginger version of BLM

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm going to start an abortions travel business.  I'll start a non profit pay myself 90% of the income and southern girls can come here for free and I'll buy them their abortion every once in awhile.  Be the ginger version of BLM

It's as if you can look into the future AG!