Check your account email address ×

Biden threatens oil companies with 'emergency powers' if they don't boost supply amid inflation spike

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sounds like something Trump would do

Care to comment on current events? 
last time I checked the Dems were in control

• Like 2

Just now, Pete said:

Care to comment on current events? 
last time I checked the Dems were in control

Sure. I dont think anyone should expect any relief. Good enough? 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

People on this forum…

OMG Plugs needs to do something about these fucking gas prices!!🤬

Also people on this forum…

Who the fuck does this asshole think he is!!!!!1111111🤬

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

People on this forum…

OMG Plugs needs to do something about these fucking gas prices!!🤬

Also people on this forum…

Who the fuck does this asshole think he is!!!!!1111111🤬

Tell us, does he have any control over what the prices are or not?

Nice, liberal loving comment you made there, but useless as a discussion point....

46 minutes ago, Snake said:

Tell us, does he have any control over what the prices are or not?

Nice, liberal loving comment you made there, but useless as a discussion point....

No he really doesn’t but I’m not the one bitching here everyday that  he needs to do something and then bitching again when he does…construing what I posted as a “liberal loving comment” is  stupid even for you and your comment about discussion points is laughable…not sure what your definition of discussion is but what goes on here sure ain’t it.🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No he really doesn’t but I’m not the one bitching here everyday that  he needs to do something and then bitching again when he does…construing what I posted as a “liberal loving comment” is  stupid even for you and your comment about discussion points is laughable…not sure what your definition of discussion is but what goes on here sure ain’t it.🤣

If it was trump you wouldn’t be saying this horseshit

Joe's letting Hunter take care of a plan to lower oils prices and work with the oil companies since he has experience in that area. :lol2:

As a trade Joe is talking a break from raising inflation to clean Hunters fossil fuel burning car.

Joe cleaning car.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

No he really doesn’t but I’m not the one bitching here everyday that  he needs to do something and then bitching again when he does…how what I posted is “liberal loving comment” is beyond me and your comment about discussion points is laughable…not sure what your definition of discussion is but what goes on here sure ain’t it.🤣

The government controls every aspect of oil production in the country, from permits, leases, regulations, drilling procedures, storing, transport, taxes, etc, etc, but doesn't have a role in prices?

That's what's up with your 'liberal loving' comment.'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Joe's letting Hunter take care of a plan to lower oils prices and work with the oil companies since he has experience in that area. :lol2:

As a trade Joe is talking a break from raising inflation to clean Hunters fossil fuel burning car.

Joe cleaning car.jpg

All 145 horsepower... :lol:

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

All 145 horsepower... :lol:

Hunter has some driving restrictions so Joe keeps him away from the Vette.   

Talk at the Capitol is that Joe reached out to Paul Pelosi to offer up Hunter as his sobriety coach.

• Haha 2

So I guess the Biden admin (I won't say Biden cuz he's too retarded to speak with people) is begging Venezuela for oil. They are talking with president Maduro (not their zelensky style puppet they claim is the real president, guaido) about selling oil. I guess they are going to have to drop the crippling sanctions they put on their oil exports and banking then. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The administration absolutely has a significant impact on energy prices.   Please you can't be this obtuse?  That's like saying the Fed Reserve has no impact on the equities markets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The administration absolutely has a significant impact on energy prices.   Please you can't be this obtuse?  That's like saying the Fed Reserve has no impact on the equities markets.

"But NPR said...!"

36 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It's really hard to discern who the dumbest MF is here on FS? I go back and forth between MC and Pouts but then I begin to wonder, is it just a game they're playing trying to out dumb each other, or are they both really this stupid? 

Pouts, I don't support Dems or Republicans. I voted for Jo Jo, an independent, but I knew, or ought to have known, that was basically a vote for Biden and the Dems. :news:

• Like 1

🙂  Sure the government could.help supply issues + prices.

1.)  Open pipe lines.

2.) Accelerated permits to build.a new refinery.on the.East coast.

3 ) Tax Credits for a new refinery.

4.)  Arctic oil drilling permits.

5.) Loosen emission requirements.

6.)  Permits for.exploration any where.

7.) Tax incentives for exploration.

8.) Tax incentives for alternate fuels.

The list is long for ways to encourage the energy producers.

Could go a step further for energy conservation.  In Jimmy Carters era, the feds allowed High MPG Cars into the country that weren't  federalised. . . 

Conservation....

Europe / Italy mandates new furnaces / boilers every twenty years with BAT for hi efficiency.

Feds are JUST starting to talk mandating super hi efficiency boilers, sometime around 2029...  This has been used in Europe for 20 years....  So. we play catch up.

Want a Real Solution ..  Let the professionals do their job!  .. Adopt a Laissez  Faire attitude..... Free Enterprise with free reins  will flourish and amaze you with new solutions . . . . Less Government, more solutions. . .:)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ICG said:

🙂  Sure the government could.help supply issues + prices.

1.)  Open pipe lines.

2.) Accelerated permits to build.a new refinery.on the.East coast.

3 ) Tax Credits for a new refinery.

4.)  Arctic oil drilling permits.

5.) Loosen emission requirements.

6.)  Permits for.exploration any where.

7.) Tax incentives for exploration.

8.) Tax incentives for alternate fuels.

The list is long for ways to encourage the energy producers.

Could go a step further for energy conservation.  In Jimmy Carters era, the feds allowed High MPG Cars into the country that weren't  federalised. . . 

Conservation....

Europe / Italy mandates new furnaces / boilers every twenty years with BAT for hi efficiency.

Feds are JUST starting to talk mandating super hi efficiency boilers, sometime around 2029...  This has been used in Europe for 20 years....  So. we play catch up.

Want a Real Solution ..  Let the professionals do their job!  .. Adopt a Laissez  Faire attitude..... Free Enterprise with free reins  will flourish and amaze you with new solutions . . . . Less Government, more solutions. . .:)

Get out of the Paris Accord,

Reduce the government royalties on leased land.

The list can go on and on.

• Like 1