Check your account email address ×

The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

4 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

They hit the shelf after following the cats.  The cats didn't hit the shelf......so if the doo's were in front then the cats would have hit the shelf.....

U know this how? they all take the same line ha? 

Just now, snopro31 said:

team 41 reported that the shelf dropped after they went over

then u pick a new line .U know this shit U ride sleds . U can look at any h20 crossing and assess the situation pick a line and go. only a ass hole just blindly follows his buddy. and BTW the first doo over made it just fine right?

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it will turn out the same as doos last 2 loosing but hurt suits and pretty much every time they line up to a cat.

am I not correct that doo took out a a arm on the last leg any way and had to be pulled out of the drink from team cat so doo would have lost any way?

16 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

They hit the shelf after following the cats.  The cats didn't hit the shelf......so if the doo's were in front then the cats would have hit the shelf.....

Team 41 and Team 8 were traveling together, headed to the finish line from the last check point.  Their plan was to cross the finish line all together at the same time side by side.  About 15 miles from the finish line they were running down the Chena river in single file.  The first two sleds went across an ice shelf.  The third sled went across the shelf but the ice/snow bridge broke out from under him.  Tyson was the 4th sled in line and he didn't have time to react and ran smack into the ice ledge left by the missing bridge.  The 4 guys pilled the Doo out of the water and helped Team 8 get it patched back together so it could make it the last 15 or so miles to the finish line.  

Just before Team 8 was ready to get back on the trail Team 17 came around the corner and saw the action.  When Davis/Simons saw Team 17 they realized there was still a race going on and told Team 8 they would see them at the finish line.  

Team 41 crossed the finish line first followed by Team 17 about 3-4 minutes later.  About 10 minutes after that Team 8 crossed the finish line.  

Team 8 had a 74 minute lead on Team 41 even though they left the Tanana at the same time.  Basically if the DQ of Team 8 is lifted they will be the winners because they had the shortest course time by 60 minutes or so.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

team 41 reported that the shelf dropped after they went over

It dropped after Tyler of Team 8 went over it.  3 sleds made it and the 4th didn't.  They were all in single file running at a pretty good clip, probably 30 or so.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

then u pick a new line .U know this shit U ride sleds . U can look at any h20 crossing and assess the situation pick a line and go. only a ass hole just blindly follows his buddy. and BTW the first doo over made it just fine right?

Well the team who was behind Gueco, Team 49, was running down the same stretch of river about 30 minutes later and they ran right into the open water and hit the ice shelf that Tyson Johnson hit destroying one of their Poos.  There was only 2 of them to get it out of the water.  When Team 2 came upon them they were out of the water but not yet moving.  Team 2 was able to find a way around all the open water and get ahead of Team 49.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well apparently Rick was telling the truth about his clutching being used by ID teams so where did that Mohawk dipshit run off to.....back to HCS with the other haters?

IMG_2824.thumb.PNG.98f73927bebdb2e70e94fc47e9f05f03.PNG

If they left according to time without the bullshit call there is no way 41 would have caught 8 unless they have a massive accident.

There wouldn't have been 4 sleds within minutes where the shelf let go if they left according to the time into Tanana. 

8 got fucked by Davis who has a grudge.  No DQ was to be made on the final leg of the race until Fairbanks.  Tanana isn't Fairbanks. 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well apparently Rick was telling the truth about his clutching being used by ID teams so where did that Mohawk dipshit run off to.....back to HCS with the other haters?

IMG_2824.thumb.PNG.98f73927bebdb2e70e94fc47e9f05f03.PNG

So then, when Rick told me I have the exact kit the Iron Dog racers use I had no reason to doubt him.

I also know that the kit he sold me did in fact do everything he said it would.

I am a happy 2015 600 axys sb es rider.

Edited by joesale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

If they left according to time without the bullshit call there is no way 41 would have caught 8 unless they have a massive accident.

There wouldn't have been 4 sleds within minutes where the shelf let go if they left according to the time into Tanana. 

8 got fucked by Davis who has a grudge.  No DQ was to be made on the final leg of the race until Fairbanks.  Tanana isn't Fairbanks. 

Who is this Davis you keep rambling on about?

9 hours ago, snopro31 said:

Damn why don't they hire you? You've got it all figured out :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

pesky written rules . if it weren't for those meddling kids they would have gotten  a way with it to

No one will remember cats(team41)win but they will all remember how Doo(team8) lost it. 

24 minutes ago, Dave said:

No one will remember cats(team41)win but they will all remember how Doo(team8) lost it. 

The Cats did make the finish line in one piece so good for them. Its been a while

12 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Team 41 and Team 8 were traveling together, headed to the finish line from the last check point.  Their plan was to cross the finish line all together at the same time side by side.  About 15 miles from the finish line they were running down the Chena river in single file.  The first two sleds went across an ice shelf.  The third sled went across the shelf but the ice/snow bridge broke out from under him.  Tyson was the 4th sled in line and he didn't have time to react and ran smack into the ice ledge left by the missing bridge.  The 4 guys pilled the Doo out of the water and helped Team 8 get it patched back together so it could make it the last 15 or so miles to the finish line.  

Just before Team 8 was ready to get back on the trail Team 17 came around the corner and saw the action.  When Davis/Simons saw Team 17 they realized there was still a race going on and told Team 8 they would see them at the finish line.  

Team 41 crossed the finish line first followed by Team 17 about 3-4 minutes later.  About 10 minutes after that Team 8 crossed the finish line.  

Team 8 had a 74 minute lead on Team 41 even though they left the Tanana at the same time.  Basically if the DQ of Team 8 is lifted they will be the winners because they had the shortest course time by 60 minutes or so.  

poor ez biter... 

4 hours ago, Dave said:

yes buy having a pic taken of both teammates blatantly breaking the written rule.  how sad for them I will greving for them for weeks .

3 hours ago, Anler said:

poor ez biter... 

why am I bitter? rules are rules like them or not. btw I have a 15 grade and a 14 cat so I have first and 2nd in my trailer . no hunk of shit libertys stinking up the rig thank God 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yes buy having a pic taken of both teammates blatantly breaking the written rule.  how sad for them I will greving for them for weeks .

Im there for you man. :lol:

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

why am I bitter? rules are rules like them or not. btw I have a 15 grade and a 14 cat so I have first and 2nd in my trailer . no hunk of shit libertys stinking up the rig thank God 

They got disqualified, I am not disputing that. Just giving you shit with your bs excuses about helping them out. they would have won because they had less time on the clock. Not because they didnt cross the line first...

• Like 2

its probably been covered but,, what possessed these two guys to jump in and "help" these racers? seems pretty straight forward to me, they are racing, dont get involved if your not part of the team.   

15 minutes ago, old indy said:

its probably been covered but,, what possessed these two guys to jump in and "help" these racers? seems pretty straight forward to me, they are racing, dont get involved if your not part of the team.   

Yes and then its the racers fault in the end...poor organization.