Check your account email address ×

What is it with us and a pleasing sound?

Rod

Triple pipes… fuck me they sound good. Can pump the throttle all day on a triple 2 stroke and it’s boner inspiring 

they’re smooth running too but it’s mostly that sound 

same with a hardly Daveson. I got the cheapest Vance and Hines pipes I could get for my 2016 roadster. Tbh the bike is your typical piece of junk hardly. And I can’t say I loved riding it. Not like I love triple pipes. But man… the pipes on the Hardly make the experience way better.

but why! It’s just noise. Isn’t that superficial? Why does that add too the enjoyment of our experience?

logically it should mean absolutely fucking nothing

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Triple pipes… fuck me they sound good. Can pump the throttle all day on a triple 2 stroke and it’s boner inspiring 

they’re smooth running too but it’s mostly that sound 

same with a hardly Daveson. I got the cheapest Vance and Hines pipes I could get for my 2016 roadster. Tbh the bike is your typical piece of junk hardly. And I can’t say I loved riding it. Not like I love triple pipes. But man… the pipes on the Hardly make the experience way better.

but why! It’s just noise. Isn’t that superficial? Why does that add too the enjoyment of our experience?

logically it should mean absolutely fucking nothing

Triples do sound awesome. A harley with vance and Hines sounds great too.

But nothing beets the sound of a woman cumming.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I dunno...

It has to be in our DNA. The sound of a Hot Rod/Pro-Street or basically any other car similar to that is just music to my ears. Ricers with the big tomato juice can is like listening to Yoko Ono. 

1 minute ago, sw-50c said:

the old saying = loud pipes save lives.

vance+hines make the best harley pipes.

It’s just pipes.. although the bolt on quality is good 

and look better

E54BB822-C44A-4182-B567-3EEE803B9936.png

25 minutes ago, irv said:

It has to be in our DNA. The sound of a Hot Rod/Pro-Street or basically any other car similar to that is just music to my ears. Ricers with the big tomato juice can is like listening to Yoko Ono. 

Listening to a big turbo spool is every bit as good as a great exhaust note though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Listening to a big turbo spool is every bit as good as a great exhaust note though. 

Not a huge fan, but that all depends on the exhaust note too. 

This is my buddies dad's car. I can't find a vid of it running, but it definitely sounds sweet!

http://m-design.ca/portfolio/steve-krezanowskis-1941-willys-coupe/

1 minute ago, soeaster said:

I always liked this from back in the day. 

Omg I had a couple 2.4 240hp Bridgeports and a 200 promax running on the hose in my yard in the last couple years. They are like fucking music to my ears lol. The whole neighborhood knew some shit was going down 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Omg I had a couple 2.4 240hp Bridgeports and a 200 promax running on the hose in my yard in the last couple years. They are like fucking music to my ears lol. The whole neighborhood knew some shit was going down 

You should hear and feel them when they're on the dyno.  Put a load on them and they absolutely sing!  We'd always get complaints from the hotel next door to the marina because we'd start the morning with dyno runs...  Freaking awesome!

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

How about a woman cumming on a triple? :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, irv said:

Oh reallly? ....

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Short mid 300 drag dry stack.....ohhh the glorious noise of 9k.  There is a guy who shows up to the local car show now and again with an LFA....to die for.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The sound Factor is probably the single most thing holding me back from buying an EV...... I've had way too many cars that sound so great, I'd rather listen to the exhaust note than the stereo.

Have you ever heard anyone say "man that EV sounds fast?".....Me neither

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

M personally, there is nothing better than the sound of twin big blocks roaring across Winni, or out the Merrimack.   

In most cases I never see anybody hammerin' it going out the jetties. I can't remember the last time I said, " Holy shit look at that bastid roarin' the pipes! "  

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

M personally, there is nothing better than the sound of twin big blocks roaring across Winni, or out the Merrimack.   

In most cases I never see anybody hammerin' it going out the jetties. I can't remember the last time I said, " Holy shit look at that bastid roarin' the pipes! "  

I can’t wIt to get my twin big blocks roaring at 1100 rpm with the boat doing 7.7 knots 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I can’t wIt to get my twin big blocks roaring at 1100 rpm with the boat doing 7.7 knots 

Is that the one you sold??????