Check your account email address ×

Another Conspiracy

16 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

$500 car payments, rofl.  That doesn't even buy znotty's piece of shit.

...not that I've had a car payment in 25 years, but nonetheless

Paid 495 a month for my 92 full size Blazer.

I was 27...

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

I'd like to see stats on the age gaps because I don't think it's an age deal like some might think. 

I have no idea on that second deal. :lol:

• There were 511.61 million credit card accounts in the U.S in Q2 2021.
  • Credit card balances totaled $787 billion in Q2 2021, down from $893 billion in Q1 2020 — the last quarter before the pandemic.
  • The average cardholder had $5,668 in credit card debt in Q2 2021, 12% lower than the average in Q1 2020($6,434).
  • Individuals 75 or older had the most average credit card debt ($8,100), and those under 35 had the least ($3,700).
  • Alaska had the highest average credit card debt at $6,617 per person; Iowa had the lowest at $4,289.
  • Americans in the 60th to 79.9th annual income percentile were most likely to carry debt (57%); those below the 20th percentile were the least likely (30%).
  • White Americans had the highest average debt per person of any racial group ($6,900), while Black and African American cardholders had the lowest ($3,900).

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

What is the average income for most of us here?

Pretty presumptuous to know know what is going on in others lives....

Lower income people simply can't save at times.... I was there at one time.

Were you, or did you walk out with your degree into a job?

Obviously there’s people who can’t afford to save.

Obviously there’s also people who can afford to save and spend it on depreciating assets like new cars. 

I’ve been in both spots. Now I make double what I did 5 years ago and I still don’t plan to buy a new vehicle anytime soon. 

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I’ve been in both spots. Now I make double what I did 5 years ago and I still don’t plan to buy a new vehicle anytime soon. 

I could pay cash for a new Lamborghini....but will still NEVER buy a brand new vehicle.

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Obviously there’s people who can’t afford to save.

Obviously there’s also people who can afford to save and spend it on depreciating assets like new cars. 

From the time I was 21 years old until 40 I managed to invest 10% of my gross. At 40 I dropped it to 6% because of contributions to a pension. I never missed the 10% even raising a kid. The amount of shit that people seem to think that they require is mind boggling. My parents were from the depression era and taught me to make do with as little as possible even though there was more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SSFB said:

I'd like to see stats on the age gaps because I don't think it's an age deal like some might think. 

Cereal, type in "b-r-o-a-d" and see how it comes out Puppy

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I could pay cash for a new Lamborghini....but will still NEVER buy a brand new vehicle.

Yeah, you can pay cash for a Lambo, yet you won't take my TNW CHALLENGE!!! :handjob:    :handjob:  :handjob:

14 hours ago, SSFB said:

in my experience it is across the baord.  I would say Mark sees people with overall more personal responsiibility hence the reason he's meeting with them.   I see people of all ages and incomes and most love to be buried in debt.  I could not sleep at night with the kind of debt some close to me have in their 40's and 50's.   I was actually talking with my best sales guy the other day about this,  he's never had a car payment over $500/mo yet lots of people we see have a couple fo them and in many cases well over that amount.   He's a guy who believes in financing cars and leaving money in the market but most of our cliens don't even have the option to pay cash.   we are lucky if some can come up with 30k to buy a house even into their 40's and 50's.  

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

in my experience it is across the baord.  I would say Mark sees people with overall more personal responsiibility hence the reason he's meeting with them.   I see people of all ages and incomes and most love to be buried in debt.  I could not sleep at night with the kind of debt some close to me have in their 40's and 50's.   I was actually talking with my best sales guy the other day about this,  he's never had a car payment over $500/mo yet lots of people we see have a couple fo them and in many cases well over that amount.   He's a guy who believes in financing cars and leaving money in the market but most of our cliens don't even have the option to pay cash.   we are lucky if some can come up with 30k to buy a house even into their 40's and 50's.  

Are you serious, christ that doesn't make sense. How could anybody "love" being in debt? Being in debt sucks.....period.

Let's hear some examples of the debt load some of these 40 - 50 somethings are carrying. :snack:

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Are you serious, christ that doesn't make sense. How could anybody "love" being in debt? Being in debt sucks.....period.

Let's hear some examples of the debt load some of these 40 - 50 somethings are carrying. :snack:

get out of your bubble.  debt is a choice and for lots they don't care they are in it,  they are more concerned with having new shit.  Everyone is built different when it comes to debt tolerence.  many are fine for examplke with having a car payment their entire life including several here.    

Lots of people out there who think it’s just the way it has to be. “You’ll always be in debt”.

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

get out of your bubble.  debt is a choice and for lots they don't care they are in it,  they are more concerned with having new shit.  Everyone is built different when it comes to debt tolerence.  many are fine for examplke with having a car payment their entire life including several here.    

Many
are addicted to having shit. it’s getting worse imo. 

40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

What sense does that make....."get out of your bubble"? Do I make too much sense for you?  Of course debt is a choice but stating that people love being in debt is an absolute load of BS. I have yet to hear anybody say they love being in debt, you're the first person I've heard mention that. :lmao:

Edited by snoughnut

• Platinum Contributing Member

What sense does that make....."get out of your bubble"? Do I make too much sense for you?  Of course debt is a choice but stating that people love being in debt is an absolute load of BS. I have yet to hear anybody say they love being in debt, you're the first person I've heard mention that. :lmao:

It is not that they love being in debt. They tolerate it to have the things they want. And will think nothing of whipping out the charge card even thou it already has a balance that is more then the value of their vehicle.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Ive bought them when I couldn't find what I was looking for.

2 newest are a 18 f 150 that I bought with 13k on it and a 17 explorer with 28k on it. I prefer to buy em that way anytime I can.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It is not that they love being in debt. They tolerate it to have the things they want. And will think nothing of whipping out the charge card even thou it already has a balance that is more then the value of their vehicle.

Those are Ginger's words not mine.

23 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Your cynicism never fails to disappoint.  :lol:  

We live in a time of unprecedented prosperity and technology that allows us to live our best lives. It’s not about keeping Up with the Joneses, as much as having the freedom to find our own purpose.

He’s just trying to justify his life and pretend that others must be miserable too