Check your account email address ×

does anyone know when Yamaha is releasing their 2023...

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

No better?  I think that Polaris has the best XC sled of the 3 this year.

Must be why they took second in points.  If that. Now I know you will toss in riders butt Poo had deeper pockets so in the real world, not Polarifiction land, cat has the better sled. Fact over bullshit!

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

Even the Lester's had to dig deep to find something new and innovative from textron - high/low heaters on the Bust!! 

Another fucking unbelievable giant nothing burger from catextron.....

WOW!!!!! Did you say low AND high hand warmers? 

:lame:

Jimmy, Say something really stupid.

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

And you have said that for what? 5 straight days, yet you are the one who is the idiot. Remember. I don't care what is said of me in this section. You are all losers! I own the best brand! I know because I am!

Atta Boy... 👦 😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, p51mstg said:

SnowTrax said in the video that Yamaha wasn't importing any sleds from the Homeland for 2023, because bla bla bla.  I thought, oh, a change in manufacturing, like maybe they're setting themselves up for a transition to something else in North America.  Hmmmmm.....

I've thought about Cat being bought by Argo, even though that would be a stretch and cat would have to be near death (more than it is now) in order for it to be worth buying.  It was more of a mental exercise, a fantasy maybe, a way that Cat could survive the Textron debacle.  What I didn't think about, that you all have floated, is the idea that Cat stays with Textron but Argo starts building Yamaha sleds.  Now, THAT makes total sense and would be a very interesting development.  

Where do Yamaha ATV's come from - Japan or NA?

How long was the BassPro/Tracker contract to build ATV's?

They are built here, I believe it is in Georgia

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

Jimmy, Say something really stupid.

Atta Boy... 👦 😂😂

At least he is mildly entertaining, in a watching someone slip and fall kinda way..

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

No better?  I think that Polaris has the best XC sled of the 3 this year.

even if it's not 'the best' it's certainly the most improved.

Cat RXC has got new bng's since 2018, except for the one year when they couldn't race it.

On 3/21/2022 at 10:03 PM, Not greg b said:

Na up there it’s an igloo. No manufacturing. drinking Tim hortons and eating fries with gravy on it is all that goes on their. Once a year they write out a check to Textron for their order 

They must be working on sticker design too.

Calling- Jim Ramstad. @ZR6000RR I'm still scratching my head. It seems everyone EXCEPT Arctic Cat has released their '23's. ArcticInsider, Country Cat, Yamaha, and a sheep herder in Wyoming have pictures. 

If I was a manufacturer, I would want to control the info that is released, the timing, and the content. What kind of cluster is Arctic Cat that they are doing a release in this manner? 

It does seem that Yamaha is more engaged in the snowmobile market than Textron is. Do you agree? Frankly, I'd say that Yamaha is way more competent in this market and I'd be more comfortably buying a Yamaha version now versus a Cat. 

Edited by Ziemann
  • Like 1

Compare the Textron Cat web site to Yamaha's snowmobile web site. Huge difference. Yamaha looks like they actually give a shit. Their '23 info is nicely laid out. Does Cat even care any more? 

16 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Compare the Textron Cat web site to Yamaha's snowmobile web site. Huge difference. Yamaha looks like they actually give a shit. Their '23 info is nicely laid out. Does Cat even care any more? 

The website was updated in 2018, everything is fine, stop complaining and...

Does that sound right? :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

even if it's not 'the best' it's certainly the most improved.

Cat RXC has got new bng's since 2018, except for the one year when they couldn't race it.

There has been some minor changes here and there, but pretty much yes.  Even a 2017 fairly close to a 2018.

I want a 21-23, but don't really want to pay the piper when I have 2 2019's to burn up.

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Calling- Jim Ramstad. @ZR6000RR I'm still scratching my head. It seems everyone EXCEPT Arctic Cat has released their '23's. ArcticInsider, Country Cat, Yamaha, and a sheep herder in Wyoming have pictures. 

If I was a manufacturer, I would want to control the info that is released, the timing, and the content. What kind of cluster is Arctic Cat that they are doing a release in this manner? 

It does seem that Yamaha is more engaged in the snowmobile market than Textron is. Do you agree? Frankly, I'd say that Yamaha is way more competent in this market and I'd be more comfortably buying a Yamaha version now versus a Cat. 

I honestly think it's on purpose.  I'm not sure why, but I think they have specific reasons and it would at least make sense if we knew what those are.  We probably wouldn't agree, since we know how to run Cat and they don't.  But, we'd at least see how they arrived at that decision.

I agree about Yamaha and it's the one thing they get right, probably the only thing that keeps selling sleds for them.  They know how to look good - the sleds look good, the web site looks good.  I would say their "launch" was underwhelming, but they've got the snowmobile press singing the praises of the big turbo and EPS.  If they're already sold out, or close to it, I think they've earned a raise and a trip to the Caribbean.  Good job to Jaret and his team.

We now know what Cat will announce in April.  Do they really need a reveal at this point?  Are we sure this isn't just stalling for time until they figure out how many sleds everyone else wants before calculating how many they can make for their own customers?

@p51mstg I appreciate your logic. I can't explain what Textron is doing, but it is counter intuitive. 

They are seeing what everyone else wants to order, and the Cat brand is last on the list to be served?

Has there ever been a more anticlimactic new product release? Yamaha at least made a good showing and obviously put some effort in to it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I honestly think it's on purpose.  I'm not sure why, but I think they have specific reasons and it would at least make sense if we knew what those are.  We probably wouldn't agree, since we know how to run Cat and they don't.  But, we'd at least see how they arrived at that decision.

I agree about Yamaha and it's the one thing they get right, probably the only thing that keeps selling sleds for them.  They know how to look good - the sleds look good, the web site looks good.  I would say their "launch" was underwhelming, but they've got the snowmobile press singing the praises of the big turbo and EPS.  If they're already sold out, or close to it, I think they've earned a raise and a trip to the Caribbean.  Good job to Jaret and his team.

We now know what Cat will announce in April.  Do they really need a reveal at this point?  Are we sure this isn't just stalling for time until they figure out how many sleds everyone else wants before calculating how many they can make for their own customers?

Arctic Cat's new ad campaign theme stolen from Pontiac.

AC 'We build disappointment'

• Like 1