Check your account email address ×

2023 Ski-Doo's

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@jdsky - your comment about the price being discounted has me curious?  A buddy of mine is going to order a new XRS, and I was asking him which dealer he was going to since there's a few to consider.  He said BRP doesn't allow him to choose?  The snow check program "gives him a dealer" based on the zip code he uses (his home address).  He also mentioned BRP basically has a set price and dealers can't discount?  I dunno ... sounded kind of odd to me.  I'd think a dealer could do whatever they wanted as far as price goes.

First I have heard of BRP not letting you choose your own dealer but with how crazy things are these days I guess anything is possible.  I think BRP would have a hard time enforcing the zip code and only buying from a local dealer.  I would call a couple of dealers and get the scoop. 

My son called ours yesterday and got the info on how many were already on his list and also that they would not be able to place an order for 10 days unlike in the past where they could start placing orders right away.

You are correct in that dealers can do anything they want regarding price it's just now that the number of units they can get are so limited the best I have heard is MSRP with no additional markups.  The worst I have heard is MSRP plus stupid markups on top of that due to demand.  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sure they are getting expensive but they are worth it IMO….does that mean I’ll buy one…not necessarily but maybe buy one that’s a year or two old …plenty of options out there other than complaining about it. 👍🏼🇺🇸❄️

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sure they are getting expensive but they are worth it IMO….does that mean I’ll buy one…not necessarily but maybe buy one that’s a year or two old …plenty of options out there other than complaining about it. 👍🏼🇺🇸❄️

Here's the problem with that strategy.  Anything one or two years old is just as expensive or more in some cases then ordering new.  My BIL has been looking all winter and best he can come up with that meets his criteria have been 7 year old 15's selling for what they were when brand new.

My advice was to just bite the bullet and spring order a new one even with the price increase and additional markups and fees.

7 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Here's the problem with that strategy.  Anything one or two years old is just as expensive or more in some cases then ordering new.  My BIL has been looking all winter and best he can come up with that meets his criteria have been 7 year old 15's selling for what they were when brand new.

My advice was to just bite the bullet and spring order a new one even with the price increase and additional markups and fees.

Eventually the used market will come back to earth and correct itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agree, once supply of new gets back to normal, whatever that is these days, used will have to start getting back to the standard depreciation cycle.   

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not as much if new iron keeps going up and being limited.   No floor models will keep used high.  Sleds don't even last 30 mins here on Kijiji or marketplace. I expect that to continue to 23 

18 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I heard one of the YouTube people say that but I thought it was misspeaking? They really cannot connect to satellites? They need cell service? Even the cheapest phone will do that these days. 

has to be wrong,  genius maps is the base for the Doo system and is available offline and fuck half of canada has no cell reception they can't be that stupid.  

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not as much if new iron keeps going up and being limited.   No floor models will keep used high.  Sleds don't even last 30 mins here on Kijiji or marketplace. I expect that to continue to 23 

Maybe🤷🏻

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

has to be wrong,  genius maps is the base for the Doo system and is available offline and fuck half of canada has no cell reception they can't be that stupid.  

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, no way this won't connect to satellite on its own.

22 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, no way this won't connect to satellite on its own.

It did not connect last season on it's debut either. Foolish doo. Better buy a Garmin. No cell service required.

• Gold Member
Just now, ZR6000RR said:

It did not connect last season on it's debut either. Foolish doo. Better buy a Garmin. No cell service required.

Seriously? Look on Amazon and those little dongles to plug into your USB port on a computer are like 10$. WTF Doo?? Produce a sweet ass line up of sleds, right down to the models for the kiddos, but forget the GPS? Makes no sense.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

for some features cell connection is needed but it says you can download for offline use and genius maps allws that as well.  Don't get turn by turn like some garmins will do though i guess

brpgo.PNG

Ok so it will function like a regular gps, that makes much more sense. I don't think my 7s will give me info on trail stops unless I have mobile service either. 

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ski doo’s engine department is so fucking boring 

Why? You're fixated on the Machz not being the equal to do Yamacat in straight line performance. What exactly do you want? They offer more engine choices than any of the other brands to fit just about anyone's needs. Are they supposed to smoke everyone else's offerings in every class? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Why? You're fixated on the Machz not being the equal to do Yamacat in straight line performance. What exactly do you want? They offer more engine choices than any of the other brands to fit just about anyone's needs. Are they supposed to smoke everyone else's offerings in every class? 

An 850 with 800 performance and poor reliability 

add a turbo but make 0 more hp

900R with 2009 level Arctic cat hp and zero top end. I doubt this thing can beat an older Barney Z1T

Boring, boring shit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The problem with the new sleds being $17k is no one is going to sell it for $10k after a couple years like they used to, especially when inventory is low.  To many guys decide last minute they want a sled and then pay almost new prices for a used one.  Will the market slow down eventually?  Probably.  By then a new 850 non-turbo could be $20k.

It is going to take a recession to really bring prices back to reality.  Even then, you won't see MSRP come down just maybe some better manufacturer incentives and reduced dealer fees.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't understand how you can say that, you don't even ride your new one. Do you even have 500 miles on it?

I'm going to disagree, they are not worth it and my main reason for saying that is the season is just too short. Honestly, I had fun on my 20 year old Poo this winter, put on about 650 miles so far. No way it would have been enjoyable dropping 15 - 20k  on a new sled.