Check your account email address ×

Polaris 800 - a great motor!

I've been getting a new sled every year for a while and never had any problems with the 800's that I had with most having around 4000 miles on.  A friend had a 800 with over 18,000 miles on before the ring pin came out and the ring rotated.  He lived in Mercer Wis. and averaged 6000 to 8000 miles a year.  With getting my 2022 XCR late my 2021 Maytrx 850 currently has 5800 miles on.  All good.

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

did you pick up your sled yet?   Maybe :whistle:

what's the current sale price?  You couldn't afford it :lol:

asking for a friend :lol2: Liar - you have no friends!! :bum:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bontz said:

What year is that sled @Mag6240 ... 2018?  That mileage's gotta be about 15 years of riding for any Cat rider out there :lol:

Yup, picked it up with 240 April of 2019 - 6500 the first winter 19/20 and it’s become the primary sled once again!

FA6F9A5E-8700-4296-9D18-9F8141E4B4FE.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

What year is that sled @Mag6240 ... 2018?  That mileage's gotta be about 15 years of riding for any Cat rider out there :lol:

You haven't even ridden a snowmobile for the past couple of years right?  The hate still burns strong.  Stronger than the joy of riding I see.  At least the joy of racking up commuter mileage on time bomb Polaris' which isn't saying much and explains the unhappiness and jealousy

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

You haven't even ridden a snowmobile for the past couple of years right?  The hate still burns strong.  Stronger than the joy of riding I see.  At least the joy of racking up commuter mileage on time bomb Polaris' which isn't saying much and explains the unhappiness and jealousy

Is Scooter Zamboni borrowing your account, since he took his ball and ran from here?  That is 100% his schtick... using the  unhappiness and jealousy lines :lol: Funny how a "time bomb Polaris" can rack up 10K miles, but it's just a pipe dream for a Cat guy :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bontz said:

17 hours ago, Deephaven said:

That's a 20yr milestone for Cat owners.

Give me a few weeks and I'll post a pic just like it.

• 4 weeks later...

Guy I know had 22,000 on his 800 when it lost the ring pin and the ring hooked a port.  Sled was still under the 4 year warranty and got a new long block.  He averaged 6000 to 8000 miles per year.

Edited by Doug

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Not possible.  I've read on this forum they are junk and we all know everything on here is very factual.

Yes and those overweight ass dragging outdated cats are so inferior there's no way they could possibly win races.  A couple very well respected outspoken forum members say that and they really seem like they're not dbags at all so it must be true.

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yes and those overweight ass dragging outdated cats are so inferior there's no way they could possibly win races.  A couple very well respected outspoken forum members say that and they really seem like they're not dbags at all so it must be true.

So between you and @ZR6000RR can you find us a 2018 Cat 800 that has this kind of mileage???? If you guys can't,,,well that would :lol:  Giddyup!!!!!!