Check your account email address ×

300 shares of RIVN

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Hey @spin_dry, you buy the dip on Bitcoin too?

20220512_183735.jpg

I got destroyed on my last Rivian buy, but bought same # shares again earlier in the week for around 21-22 bucks, flipped them today when it was up around 24% earlier this am.  Quick short term gain in my IRA so no tax impact.  I need that to happen another 10-15 tmes to get back to my total cost basis.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

Ford just sold their shares completely. Guess they figure they can build their own and sell it cheaper than Rivian. 

37 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Ford just sold their shares completely. Guess they figure they can build their own and sell it cheaper than Rivian. 

Yeah thats what tanked the share price.  If they get their supply chain issues solved, I think the stock should recover.  There are a couple of their trucks rolling around town and a friend of mine has one, they’re pretty damn nice.  Buddy says its a great rig.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah thats what tanked the share price.  If they get their supply chain issues solved, I think the stock should recover.  There are a couple of their trucks rolling around town and a friend of mine has one, they’re pretty damn nice.  Buddy says its a great rig.

They’re raving about the new electric f150 too. Interesting times right now…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They’re raving about the new electric f150 too. Interesting times right now…

Fords stock hasnt exactly been setting the world on fire either.  Although a local dealer is advertising one for 47k?  I didn't think they were out yet.

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

https://electrek.co/2022/04/18/rivian-ceo-warns-battery-shortage-vs-chip-supply/ 

we're not even close to being ready to go all electric in this country. 

speaking as a relative of a man who was an engineer for Preston Tucker.  that's the destiny I forsee for most of the newly minted small potato EV manufacturers.  

One thing Rivian has left is Amazon backing.

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah still not on board with crypto.

not as long as they compare the value to the dollar 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://electrek.co/2022/04/18/rivian-ceo-warns-battery-shortage-vs-chip-supply/ 

we're not even close to being ready to go all electric in this country. 

speaking as a relative of a man who was an engineer for Preston Tucker.  that's the destiny I forsee for most of the newly minted small potato EV manufacturers.  

One thing Rivian has left is Amazon backing.

not as long as they compare the value to the dollar 

I agree on the notion of the country going all electric.  But many of the existing mfgs are already committing to it, And I still think there will definitely be a shakeout.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Edmo said:

No.  They sold a small portion of their shares.  They have 94 million of them and sold 8 million of them.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2022/05/10/filing-ford-sells-8-million-rivian-shares/9725305002/
As you saw in our regulatory filing, we sold 8 million shares, representing just under 8% of our investment in Rivian," Ford spokesman Ian Thibodeau said in a statement. "We think it’s prudent at this point to monetize a small portion of the investment."

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Fords stock hasnt exactly been setting the world on fire either.  Although a local dealer is advertising one for 47k?  I didn't think they were out yet.

Base model is 40 something. The next step up is 75k. D’oh. They’re just getting production rolling.

i dumped my ford awhile ago in the mid to high teens,   at first i was disappointed as it kept going up but its returned to the same point.  

I agree on the notion of the country going all electric.  But many of the existing mfgs are already committing to it, And I still think there will definitely be a shakeout.

we'll all see how it goes...

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We were all told how foolish we were to not jump on the crypto bandwagon.  Guess we will find out who the fools are now.

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah still not on board with crypto.

Me either.  I don't own a single crypto.

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

We were all told how foolish we were to not jump on the crypto bandwagon.  Guess we will find out who the fools are now.

Me either.  I don't own a single crypto.

If you were in 2020 your still above water.

• 4 weeks later...

@spin_dry What are your thoughts on this?  Investors in RIVN are losing all their money and the CEO walks away with $400 million for losing $4.7 billion last year.

From the WSJ:

The chief executives of electric-vehicle startups Lucid LCID 4.33%▲ Group Inc. and Rivian RIVN 3.43%▲ Automotive Inc. each received pay packages last year valued at over $400 million

Lucid reported a net loss of $4.7 billion, after preferred dividends, in 2021. Rivian also reported a net loss of $4.7 billion and has encountered manufacturing snags in its line of electric trucks, halving its production forecast for this year.

41 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

@spin_dry What are your thoughts on this?  Investors in RIVN are losing all their money and the CEO walks away with $400 million for losing $4.7 billion last year.

From the WSJ:

Spin is hiding under his van.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:53 PM, DriftBusta said:

I got destroyed on my last Rivian buy, but bought same # shares again earlier in the week for around 21-22 bucks, flipped them today when it was up around 24% earlier this am.  Quick short term gain in my IRA so no tax impact.  I need that to happen another 10-15 tmes to get back to my total cost basis.  :lol: 

My stonks have taken a beating. Not retiring this year... 

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

My stonks have taken a beating. Not retiring this year... 

This is the year where active investing made sense.

Stuck to mainly strong dividend players in utilities, like Suncor, Enbridge, TransCanada etc.  Overall they were able to bring my public exposed portfolio just above water.  The private has not skipped a beat. 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This is the year where active investing made sense.

Stuck to mainly strong dividend players in utilities, like Suncor, Enbridge, TransCanada etc.  Overall they were able to bring my public exposed portfolio just above water.  The private has not skipped a beat. 

I’ve been moving a lot into solid div payers too.  No matter what the stock price is as long as the div is stable.  Even works to your benefit when diva are reinvesting in lower priced stocks.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

From the WSJ:

That’s why I got out. As I explained back in February, RIVN was nothing more than a good ole boys club disguised as a car maker. 

• 6 months later...

TTT.  Example 3,635,835 of why retail investors need not pick individual stocks.

The only one making money here was the IPO purchasers like they always do.  They have access the rest of us don't, pump the stock 10-25%, and then dump it for a quick gain.

image.thumb.png.ba41eca522bf8f02c7bdcf44c3e800f0.png