Check your account email address ×

Time to laugh at myself and my misery .... make me wonder?

Bontz

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I guess the laughing at myself is over .... well, for now anyway.  The dealership called me today to say my sled has finally arrived & they'll be uncrating it and getting it ready for pick up later this week/weekend.  It's not part of the stop/sale issue, so I can actually get it.  Now watch, a heat wave will settle in next week and any rideable snow up by the cabin will be gone :lol:

Well that just pisses me off all the more.  Good to know though that mine more than likely won't be on the stop/sale list. Maybe mines not to far behind.

Congrats Chris

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 2:23 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Actually Doug, all they have to do is get most of it to your dealer, they get invoiced and sit on it not getting their money from you until it's saleable.  At this point most manu's are so far behind they can't get products to their dealers to invoice them.  Check with your guy and verify it, but have heard of some dealers grumbling.

Talked to the dealer that I know in Hancock last week. He said he’s not bummed at all that he isn’t sitting on a bunch of floor models that are costing him money. He’s making full retail on everything he sells right now so he’s good. 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:19 AM, A05GSHO said:

Got an email from Polaris last night that my sled should now be possibly shipped and the January beginning of February. Replied to that email, didn't get an undeliverable email back, informing them that it's January 28th this is the end of January. Very seriously thinking about canceling it and getting my money back. I just really wonder what my 23 is going to bring? I would assume the same sled it's going to be even more money. And are we going to be waiting till 2024 to get them

MY23’s are going to be retarded expensive and getting them will be no easier. Cancel or take what you have coming. Once the prices go up for MY23, they most likely will not come back down. 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I guess the laughing at myself is over .... well, for now anyway.  The dealership called me today to say my sled has finally arrived & they'll be uncrating it and getting it ready for pick up later this week/weekend.  It's not part of the stop/sale issue, so I can actually get it.  Now watch, a heat wave will settle in next week and any rideable snow up by the cabin will be gone :lol:

Jesus. Stop being so negative and go ride! 

PS. There is a warm up coming for the later part of next week. :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I can't just flip a switch and be all positive and giddy ... c'mon man, you know that!! LOLZ :lol:

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I can't just flip a switch and be all positive and giddy ... c'mon man, you know that!! LOLZ :lol:

I am out of town for work starting the 7th through the 15th. Right when our area up by our place finally started to get their act together. They still need more snow, and aren’t getting much if any from the storm that’s coming for around home tomorrow, but I’m still pissed that I’m pretty much screwed out of two riding weekends.

The rivers are frozen around home and they ARE calling for a bunch of snow though so I might have to go out and get that once a year local ride in.

Also, I started putting the PIDD on the sled that the wife bought me as a late Christmas/early birthday present, last night so I kind of do need some “test miles”……

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I am out of town for work starting the 7th through the 15th. Right when our area up by our place finally started to get their act together. They still need more snow, and aren’t getting much if any from the storm that’s coming for around home tomorrow, but I’m still pissed that I’m pretty much screwed out of two riding weekends.

The rivers are frozen around home and they ARE calling for a bunch of snow though so I might have to go out and get that once a year local ride in.

Also, I started putting the PIDD on the sled that the wife bought me as a late Christmas/early birthday present, last night so I kind of do need some “test miles”……

That's more than likely my plan around here, too ... there's ice and snow on the river so I'm going to hopefully hit that for some shakedown / break-in runs before going up north next weekend.  Sorry to hear about the missing 2 weeks of local riding - that sucks man (I can relate, with the busy schedule).

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Talked to the dealer that I know in Hancock last week. He said he’s not bummed at all that he isn’t sitting on a bunch of floor models that are costing him money. He’s making full retail on everything he sells right now so he’s good. 

MY23’s are going to be retarded expensive and getting them will be no easier. Cancel or take what you have coming. Once the prices go up for MY23, they most likely will not come back down. 

I agree, take it, ride it with what's left of winter and flip it in fall for even more $, maybe. 

Then, ride an old Fusion or F7 next winter to fit in with the retro crowd.  @Not greg b sent our private text goofball group a real dandy today.  ;)

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Midol dude, you may be experiencing Manopause.

1 hour ago, A05GSHO said:

Got the call picking it up Saturday morning

Attaboy George ... congrats!!

I had to kind of chuckle / SMH earlier, regarding my sled status.  The sales guy that I spoke with the other day, who told me my sled is in, he made the comment about getting the paperwork sent out to the service guys and having them prep it by the end of the week.  I didn't really mind since I'll be on the road tomorrow & through the weekend so I just kinda shrugged it off & figured I'd be heading to the dealership on Monday to pick it up.  That would give me a few nights to stud it and go over everything before heading up north next weekend.  Fast forward to today ... I shot a text to that buddy of mine who now works as a tech & was formerly the lead tech at my previous dealer.  He goes, "Good thing you texted me!  I went to look, and they had this thing set to be uncrated and put together NEXT Friday!"

Yet again, another reason I miss my smaller guy dealership.  Who the fuck has the mindset to delay a customer, essentially, another 2 weeks after a sled FINALLY shows up 2 months late?  Oh that's right, it's this place!

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I had to kind of chuckle / SMH earlier, regarding my sled status.  The sales guy that I spoke with the other day, who told me my sled is in, he made the comment about getting the paperwork sent out to the service guys and having them prep it by the end of the week.  I didn't really mind since I'll be on the road tomorrow & through the weekend so I just kinda shrugged it off & figured I'd be heading to the dealership on Monday to pick it up.  That would give me a few nights to stud it and go over everything before heading up north next weekend.  Fast forward to today ... I shot a text to that buddy of mine who now works as a tech & was formerly the lead tech at my previous dealer.  He goes, "Good thing you texted me!  I went to look, and they had this thing set to be uncrated and put together NEXT Friday!"

Yet again, another reason I miss my smaller guy dealership.  Who the fuck has the mindset to delay a customer, essentially, another 2 weeks after a sled FINALLY shows up 2 months late?  Oh that's right, it's this place!

Thats complete bullshit. They should of had that thing put together and ready to ride as soon as it came in. I would phone the dealer and tear him a new one!!!!!>:(

1 hour ago, wrinkly balls said:

Thats complete bullshit. They should of had that thing put together and ready to ride as soon as it came in. I would phone the dealer and tear him a new one!!!!!>:(

Mine came in today and she's ready for pickup.  Stop ride throttle recall bullshit done, HD torsion springs installed.  Picking it up Saturday 9:00am SHARP.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

A good dealer can make or break a repeat customer.  My dealer had 3 snow check sleds show up last Monday and the lead tech stayed late Monday night to have them all setup.  I picked my sled up at 7:30 AM Tuesday and the dealer actually opens up at 9:00

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Bontz said:

sounds like a fat tire bike is needed. i know they get some bad press, but it is truly great fun. studded tires it's like a bulldozer. i use mine to fill in if there is no sledding. hasn't been off the hook since the sled has been going. they make e assisted ones if you don't wanna pedal your guts out. i can tell you it gives great fitness for throwing the sled around or for those 200 miles days. don't beat up on me too bad, i feel your pain 

18 hours ago, Doug said:

A good dealer can make or break a repeat customer.  My dealer had 3 snow check sleds show up last Monday and the lead tech stayed late Monday night to have them all setup.  I picked my sled up at 7:30 AM Tuesday and the dealer actually opens up at 9:00

Sounds like the dealer we should all be going to.  

• Like 1