Check your account email address ×

Time to laugh at myself and my misery .... make me wonder?

Bontz

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Retail is also more a lot more now than when checks were ordered . 

He'll even my little 22 rzr trail I ordered  in July picked up in Sept . The msrp is just over 2k more for the exact same unit . They made a run of that unit my dealer took a few dealers around me also got some at same basic time . Still 2200 more today than in late Sept. 

Why because they can 

Retail on sleds is still the same now as it was during snow check.  What dealers were selling sleds for during snow check was less than retail and now dealers are holding their prices at retail.  Some dealers are charging more than retail which is wrong.  Private party sales are where some guys are making money.  Friend flipped his Lynx and made $2500 on it.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:14 AM, Doug said:

She's charging me mileage rate at 58.5 cents per mile because it's "Her" sled.  Getting expensive.

The area rep is going to be at my dealer tomorrow morning so I may pay a visit.  

Maybe she will accept certain favors in trade for cash:thumb:

20 hours ago, Doug said:

Retail on sleds is still the same now as it was during snow check.  What dealers were selling sleds for during snow check was less than retail and now dealers are holding their prices at retail.  Some dealers are charging more than retail which is wrong.  Private party sales are where some guys are making money.  Friend flipped his Lynx and made $2500 on it.

I don't think it's wrong.  Capitalism

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I don't think it's wrong.  Capitalism

Yup - supply & demand.  The longer I wait, the more I lean towards taking delivery and putting it out on Marketplace the same day I bring it home.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Yup - supply & demand.  The longer I wait, the more I lean towards taking delivery and putting it out on Marketplace the same day I bring it home.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow. It was complete and no recall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I'm picking mine up tomorrow. It was complete and no recall.

On Monday mine was on a truck 3 hrs from my dealer.  As of 11:00 today still was not at my dealer.  Makes no sense how they are shipping these sleds.

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

On Monday mine was on a truck 3 hrs from my dealer.  As of 11:00 today still was not at my dealer.  Makes no sense how they are shipping these sleds.

Don't feel bad, my dealer is 2 blocks from the factory and it still took a week, I really wasn't expecting to pick it up until next week due to company training in New Mexico, but because of a Covid outbreak it was changed at the last minute too remote. It saved me a lot of traveling..

has any one thought, there may be no 23 model year, dealers will be over stocked in April this year, people backing out on SC   ,, quality issues, Polaris is going down the drain,, I feel real bad for all those that did not get there sleds look at QC  now ,there rushing to build stuff, and the recalls ,,, and the customer is loosing I think Polaris should be starting to dig the hole to put the coffin in soon , its going to worse with sxs as well  

Edited by polaris7541
made a error

Got an email from Polaris last night that my sled should now be possibly shipped and the January beginning of February. Replied to that email, didn't get an undeliverable email back, informing them that it's January 28th this is the end of January. Very seriously thinking about canceling it and getting my money back. I just really wonder what my 23 is going to bring? I would assume the same sled it's going to be even more money. And are we going to be waiting till 2024 to get them

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Give it a few months, or weeks:lol:

How's the family doing in my neck of the woods?  

My mother in-law is doing great, My wife's 2021 650 is the only sled since 2012 that has been giving the dealer grief to get sorted out, for Sharon it wasn't a big thing other than the check engine light stayed on, when I ride it I could constantly get it to go in the safe mode and the power would drop every time I'd hit 84-85. I've been doing airplane stuff for the last week and just left the sled till they got it sorted out, picking them both up today. People can joke how they don't need the 7s gauge but I'll never go back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A05GSHO said:

Got an email from Polaris last night that my sled should now be possibly shipped and the January beginning of February. Replied to that email, didn't get an undeliverable email back, informing them that it's January 28th this is the end of January. Very seriously thinking about canceling it and getting my money back. I just really wonder what my 23 is going to bring? I would assume the same sled it's going to be even more money. And are we going to be waiting till 2024 to get them

At this point George, I wouldn't cancel.  It's an opportunity to say FUCK YOU, I'm still taking this thing and I'm selling it MYSELF.  I'm not letting the dealer keep it at this point (mostly because of my situation with getting forced into a new dealership that I'm less than impressed with) and sure as hell not letting them sell it for probably $2K more than my Snowcheck price. 

Anyone who signs up for 2023 Snowcheck needs to step away from the paint fumes.

• Like 1

I'm still taking my 2022.  Looks like the sled is taking a tour of the United states before being dropped off at the dealer.  Makes no sense.

Not sure what I'll do for 23.  The sled I'm riding is a 2021 and now has over 5000 miles on and we're riding today and tomorrow.  I do know that if I do snow check a 2023 that my trade in will be in my hands until the new sled comes in.  Polaris better be giving some incentives if they expect guys to snow check in 2023.

27 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'm still taking my 2022.  Looks like the sled is taking a tour of the United states before being dropped off at the dealer.  Makes no sense.

Not sure what I'll do for 23.  The sled I'm riding is a 2021 and now has over 5000 miles on and we're riding today and tomorrow.  I do know that if I do snow check a 2023 that my trade in will be in my hands until the new sled comes in.  Polaris better be giving some incentives if they expect guys to snow check in 2023.

Polaris Snowcheck for '23 ... sorry @Doug but they can suck a dick after this debacle.  I'll give 'em a pass on the supply chain stuff, but the utter lack of any ability to explain what's preventing a customer from getting their sled is absurd.  If it's a gauge, give me the standard gauge.  If it's a track, throw on a different track!  If it's spindles, throw some black ones on - I don't care!!  And if it's freaking shipping - I'll make the 8 hour drive to Roseau to pick the fucker up myself.

At this point ... it's freaking February (well, almost) ... after seeing NUMEROUS people taking delivery of my exact sled I'm tired of being understanding.  My sled should be on the trailer right now, ready to head north for a saddle bag trip to the U.P. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Polaris Snowcheck for '23 ... sorry @Doug but they can suck a dick after this debacle.  I'll give 'em a pass on the supply chain stuff, but the utter lack of any ability to explain what's preventing a customer from getting their sled is absurd.  If it's a gauge, give me the standard gauge.  If it's a track, throw on a different track!  If it's spindles, throw some black ones on - I don't care!!  And if it's freaking shipping - I'll make the 8 hour drive to Roseau to pick the fucker up myself.

At this point ... it's freaking February (well, almost) ... after seeing NUMEROUS people taking delivery of my exact sled I'm tired of being understanding.  My sled should be on the trailer right now, ready to head north for a saddle bag trip to the U.P. 

Hear what your saying on all points.  I don't want to keep a sled with 6000 to 7000 miles on and that's probably going to be what my 2021 will have at seasons end.  Rode a Ski-Doo for a full day a couple weeks ago and just don't like the riding position on it.  So we'll see

50 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's not only trucking, I'm kind of a coffee snob and like fresh roasted coffee, I have a next day order of coffee coming from Minneapolis, so far it's gone from MSP to Iowa, back to St. Paul, Fargo, and now it's in Grand Forks. I still don't have it 10 days into next day shipping. When the Roaster contacted USPS they told him due to Covid it had to go thru centers that were staffed.

I feel for all you guys Still waiting on a snowcheck. I get pissed when I order a snow check and don't have it by November 1st. When my 20 XC850 was late, in my opinion, my dealer said contact Polaris and complain. I did, and Polaris gave me a $200 voucher to use as I wished at the dealer, In that time my dealer and I agreed I would take what was to be his demo, which he already had, and he would take my sled when it came in. Only diff was he had the PIDD, changed that out, for the standard gauge, and I was good. This was first week of December. On the way home, Polaris called me saying my sled left Roseau that morning!  Last year I didn't get my Matryx till December 18.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I was told by Polaris on January 7th that mine was at the distribution center and would be shipping within the week. January 14th I call again they tell me that their system is not up to date and they'll let me know when it's up to date now I get this email end of January beginning of February. I told Polaris too which I forgot to put in this reply that I would come up to the distribution center and pick it up myself and they said we can't do that.

I used to buy big computer systems from IBM, which were made in Rochester, MN.  My employer was 20 miles away.  We could easily send a truck over to pick it up at the factory.  But, no - our broker was in Baltimore, MD and IBM insisted on shipping the systems there first.  Even the manuals went to Baltimore first.  They relabeled the pallets and shipped them to us.

In order to buy a computer system from IBM 20 miles away, they had to ship it to MD and make someone there ship it back to us.  Then, we couldn’t uncrate the system ourselves, we had to wait for an IBM rep from Rochester to do that and plug it in for the first time.

I doubt Polaris logistics are as screwed up as that, but you never know what some pencil pusher is capable of coming up with.

I guess the laughing at myself is over .... well, for now anyway.  The dealership called me today to say my sled has finally arrived & they'll be uncrating it and getting it ready for pick up later this week/weekend.  It's not part of the stop/sale issue, so I can actually get it.  Now watch, a heat wave will settle in next week and any rideable snow up by the cabin will be gone :lol:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I guess the laughing at myself is over .... well, for now anyway.  The dealership called me today to say my sled has finally arrived & they'll be uncrating it and getting it ready for pick up later this week/weekend.  It's not part of the stop/sale issue, so I can actually get it.  Now watch, a heat wave will settle in next week and any rideable snow up by the cabin will be gone :lol:

Leave it there please. My younger brother is flying in this weekend to ride...

Maybe you could, go hang out at the grocery store?  :dunno:

Screenshot_20220201-143226.png

• Haha 1