Check your account email address ×

Facebook admits their fact checkers are just pushing opinions not facts

jtssrx

3 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Sounds eerily similar.

“Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously”

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9?amp

was fox news deleting people's posts and accounts for things they did not agree with ?  I hope Mark Zuckerberg dies in a burn unit 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Sounds eerily similar.

“Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously”

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9?amp

So as a leftist you admit Facebook is a leftist organization 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

was fox news deleting people's posts and accounts for things they did not agree with ?  I hope Mark Zuckerberg dies in a burn unit 

No, they probably just don’t give it air time.

12 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

So as a leftist you admit Facebook is a leftist organization 

What?  I made comment about Fox that was similar to yours - Tucker is pushing opinions, not facts. That’s all.

Just now, akvanden said:

What?  I made comment about Fox that was similar to yours - Tucker is pushing opinions, not facts. That’s 

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

What?  I made comment about Fox that was similar to yours - Tucker is pushing opinions, not facts. That’s all.

No acctualy Tucker has people on that completely disagrees with him to debate.  I don't have fox but have seen it when on at other places .

Got your sled in town ? Few guys Hooking up at kips in bellplain in the am over 13 right now 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Got your sled in town ? Few guys Hooking up at kips in bellplain in the am over 13 right now 

Skid is still out of it, but easy enough to put back in. Kids were out on kitty cat tonight. I’m waiting until trails get good before I burn my limited time. 1 month old baby will not be kind to my season…..

assume you’re going?

Edited by akvanden
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Skid is still out of it, but easy enough to put back in. Kids were out on kitty cat tonight. I’m waiting until trails get good before I burn my limited time. 1 month old baby will not be kind to my season…..

assume you’re going?

Yeah Colin and not sure who else but I know some ones 3 place was full after picking up Colin was out playing with the new plow on the rzr so was only lightly paying attention to what he was saying lol.

Pick kip texted about a hr ago 

Screenshot_20211210-224234_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

assume you’re going?

Congrats on the newborn :thumbs 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akvanden said:

Sounds eerily similar.

Maby not the master of deflection, but a contender!

Great job...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

"fact checking" is just a euphemism for censoring. Anyone with half a brain, hell even 1/4 of a brain should know this.

Misinformation is the biggest threat to our democracy, from both sides AND abroad. We can’t even agree on facts nowadays.

Misinformation is the biggest threat to our democracy, from both sides AND abroad. We can’t even agree on facts nowadays.

Nor stay on the subject of the OP....

Why do you fear infromation so...?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

The real problem with misinformation is it allows politicians to pick a narrative that can be just slightly substantiated and push it in force through their media to their masses that do their bidding.

That’s why I laugh about the “google debating”. For every article one links pushing their side, another can be linked stating the opposite.

Verified under Obama, the only thing we can do now to get to the truth is look around us and watch, ask questions to those with their actual skin in the game and try to get the real answers.  Sadly for all, most are just forced to take a side from the media.  This is how we will be ruled now.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Nor stay on the subject of the OP....

Why do you fear infromation so...?

I fear disinformation. I fear one-liner headlines from Twitter that people read and say “omg” without digging a little deeper. I fear disinformation that makes the other side “evil” not allowing for any compromise. Misinformation will slowly divide this country.

9 hours ago, akvanden said:

Sounds eerily similar.

The thing with FB is you can be up and banned or put in their "jail" without explanation at any time, and their standards are a constantly moving unknown target.

The question really becomes is FB the neutral platform it portrays itself to be, or publisher with an agenda?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I fear disinformation. I fear one-liner headlines from Twitter that people read and say “omg” without digging a little deeper. I fear disinformation that makes the other side “evil” not allowing for any compromise. Misinformation will slowly divide this country.

will?  It already is.  :bc:   The people at the top knowingly pushing lies need to be held accountable.  Like how much Fauci had a hand in developing this man made virus, and how Hilary Clinton was the source of the Russian collusion scheme.  Jail time if not worse.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

will?  It already is.  :bc:   The people at the top knowingly pushing lies need to be held accountable.  Like how much Fauci had a hand in developing this man made virus, and how Hilary Clinton was the source of the Russian collusion scheme.  Jail time if not worse.

These were called conspiracies when first challenged and now there's still no accountability.  But let's continue to believe those telling the lies.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, akvanden said:

That is and has been happening for a veryong time. The media in our country has never really been honest. We can go back to revolutionary times and find examples, hell the industry named it's most prestigious award after one of the two men credited with the popularizing yellow journalism. As a group journalists are worse than politians, not much worse but worse.

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

Why Why Why do you call this a democracy??? We live in a constructional republic. Our rights come from god not the government. Government is controlled by the  Consent of the governed. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, akvanden said:

Couldn't you say all that without the class III TDS attack?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1