Check your account email address ×

Used Sled prices,wow

21 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

They both can be crap, although marketplace has gotten worse with the lowballers.

The sad part is, they can rate you on your price, even if their offer is total shit.  I've had 2 different people give me 1 star ratings on my prices, but I can't figure out who they are to rate them as a shitty buyer.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

The sad part is, they can rate you on your price, even if their offer is total shit.  I've had 2 different people give me 1 star ratings on my prices, but I can't figure out who they are to rate them as a shitty buyer.

I haven't dealt with that yet, but that's definitely B.S

On 12/6/2021 at 2:13 PM, mnstang said:

Yes there are some sleds marked up very high, but I still see alot of sleds that seem like they are very reasonably priced to me.  I don't think 1250 for a 95 xlt is horribly under priced.

I don't know what's going on in the market now.  Some of these 5+ year old sleds listing for over 10 grand has me confused.  But you have to remember that list price doesn't equal sale price.

Buddy sent me a nice looking 600 ace skidoo with under 1000 miles for like 7 grand.  There's still alot of fair deals out there which tells me those super overpriced sleds might not be selling.

I still see lots of 19's listing for more than I paid for my 19 otd when it was new.

I think the “retail price” that everyone is using to try and justify these high used sled prices is the “retail price” of a current model year new sled. I’ve read, “Well, a new sled retails for $xx,xxx”. It ‘s like look dickweed, that may be but A. YOUR sled didn’t retail for that, or B. No one pays MSRP for anything unless they’re a total shem. 

I now see FBMP filling UP with all of these snow check only mountain sleds that all of a sudden, for some CRAZY reason, the owner “can’t ride it because of work/child” or they “ordered two and don’t need two” sleds. And they are listing them for RETARDED prices. I hope they ordered them both on credit and get stuck with both sleds but lord knows, some yahoo will find these people and gobble that shit up like a faggot with a pail of dicks. 

On 12/7/2021 at 6:05 AM, Sled_Hed said:

They both can be crap, although marketplace has gotten worse with the lowballers.

No shit. So earlier this fall, my old trail sled sold easy with little bartering. However, last night, while getting my gear ready to ride today, I decided to list a Klim mid layer jacket that I don’t wear anymore. $250 jacket. Probably wore it 2-3 times. I list it for $125 shipped. Within an hour I get an offer for $100 shipped. No. No dickhead I’m not selling it for that. Then I get, “Oh is the $125 price include shipping?” Well, it says so right in the listing so I just reply with a “yes”. “Ok, I’ll take it.” Like, you didn’t even read the fucking listing, just instant low ball. On a jacket. Jesus. :wall:

At least my diesel for the truck is paid for todays trip up to ride and back, I guess. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No shit. So earlier this fall, my old trail sled sold easy with little bartering. However, last night, while getting my gear ready to ride today, I decided to list a Klim mid layer jacket that I don’t wear anymore. $250 jacket. Probably wore it 2-3 times. I list it for $125 shipped. Within an hour I get an offer for $100 shipped. No. No dickhead I’m not selling it for that. Then I get, “Oh is the $125 price include shipping?” Well, it says so right in the listing so I just reply with a “yes”. “Ok, I’ll take it.” Like, you didn’t even read the fucking listing, just instant low ball. On a jacket. Jesus. :wall:

At least my diesel for the truck is paid for todays trip up to ride and back, I guess. 

I sold my son's Bravo awhile back. I love the lady who lived 5 hours away so she figured I should either cut the price way down or deliver the 2.5 hrs half way. :finger:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I think the “retail price” that everyone is using to try and justify these high used sled prices is the “retail price” of a current model year new sled. I’ve read, “Well, a new sled retails for $xx,xxx”. It ‘s like look dickweed, that may be but A. YOUR sled didn’t retail for that, or B. No one pays MSRP for anything unless they’re a total shem. 

I now see FBMP filling UP with all of these snow check only mountain sleds that all of a sudden, for some CRAZY reason, the owner “can’t ride it because of work/child” or they “ordered two and don’t need two” sleds. And they are listing them for RETARDED prices. I hope they ordered them both on credit and get stuck with both sleds but lord knows, some yahoo will find these people and gobble that shit up like a faggot with a pail of dicks. 

Yeah, all true but, that’s how resale works, also, when financing is easy, low monthly payments can demand higher retail.  All prices stay high.

Cash hasn’t been long since the recession.  We all pay for it whether we take out loans or not.  It kinda sucks ass for those of us with financial brains.  The world doesn’t want people being debt free.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

It is!  Prolly more clapped out than I’d like though.  Besides, look at this that was placed in the ad for a warning:

Factory race machine, not at all for trail riding. 

:lmao: it won’t matter though, they’ll field a thousand questions from morons.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It is!  Prolly more clapped out than I’d like though.  Besides, look at this that was placed in the ad for a warning:

Factory race machine, not at all for trail riding. 

:lmao: it won’t matter though, they’ll field a thousand questions from morons.

Yeah, the target market for these don't read to well anyway.

Too busy looking at their reflection in the rims of their freshly financed first truck checking out their white sunglasses 😎

• Haha 1