Used Sled prices,wow

Sold this 95 XLT today with 8200 miles for $1250.00 I was asking $1250.00

Crazy people where offering more money then I was asking, but I already starting talking with the guy that grabbed it.

20211205_092915.jpg

6 hours ago, MnDean said:

Crazy people where offering more money then I was asking, but I already starting talking with the guy that grabbed it.

20211205_092915.jpg

Funny thing is you sold it to cheep lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

My friend has been looking for a ZR600 EFI or F6 to race classic class on ice with.

He can't find a ZR600 he'd bring home for under $2500 and he hasn't found a F6 he'd bother bringing home yet.

it's nuts... Joel Kreuziger who was on HCS occasionally used to or still does? a lot of ice racing with F-chassis sleds.  was a regular at Manawa but haven't seen him post anywhere for a while.

on a completely different topic, every time I see your username pop up I think 'Raisin Farmer' :lol:
probably due to a strange story I heard on the radio ages ago about the Raisin Cartel. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2013/08/09/210490760/the-raisin-outlaw-of-kerman-california 

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's nuts... Joel Kreuziger who was on HCS occasionally used to or still does? a lot of ice racing with F-chassis sleds.  was a regular at Manawa but haven't seen him post anywhere for a while.

on a completely different topic, every time I see your username pop up I think 'Raisin Farmer' :lol:
probably due to a strange story I heard on the radio ages ago about the Raisin Cartel. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2013/08/09/210490760/the-raisin-outlaw-of-kerman-california 

That’s funny. The first few weeks I was on here I thought it said ricinfarmer 😂.

• Haha 1

I have my sled for sale. I get multiple offers on market for 11,500, they want to come at 10pm with cash to by it, or never show up during the day. Like no I don’t want some random I don’t know at my house at 10pm. I hate that website 

Edited by Not greg b

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Like roached out 98-99 ZR600's that need pretty much everything are $1500.  He found a minty 2000 ZR600 2k Edition for like $2500 or so in Iowa that he was thinking about going to buy to race.  Said he might as well start with a really good one.  :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Like roached out 98-99 ZR600's that need pretty much everything are $1500.  He found a minty 2000 ZR600 2k Edition for like $2500 or so in Iowa that he was thinking about going to buy to race.  Said he might as well start with a really good one.  :lol:

Pretty sure I did not get that much in 04  for my 2000 zr 600 lol 

16 hours ago, MnDean said:

20211205_092915.jpg

You sold that thing way too cheap even in a regular market. 

There is 2 19 6000 Limited cats on marketplace by me right now for over 11k. Both have 2xxx miles, makes me really wonder if I need to keep the one I bought for my gf with 1400 miles on it 😂

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

You sold that thing way too cheap even in a regular market. 

There is 2 19 6000 Limited cats on marketplace by me right now for over 11k. Both have 2xxx miles, makes me really wonder if I need to keep the one I bought for my gf with 1400 miles on it 😂

Yes, by all means sell it.  Besides, she should be home doing your laundry, washing dishes, cleaning the house and making your dinner while you are out riding with the boys. 

If my wife sees this post, I'm a dead man.  :lol:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/291785372858977

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/452418246484266

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1286270881786983

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/615699376444592 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/194862216178840 Cross Country FTW @racinfarmer those have the better shocks, seat, and I always loved the colors. Already has C&A's and studs.  Looks fairly clean.  ;)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/768130864142893

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/629181604776827

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/455220885985146

There's a few $800 sleds to peruse. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Yes there are some sleds marked up very high, but I still see alot of sleds that seem like they are very reasonably priced to me.  I don't think 1250 for a 95 xlt is horribly under priced.

I don't know what's going on in the market now.  Some of these 5+ year old sleds listing for over 10 grand has me confused.  But you have to remember that list price doesn't equal sale price.

Buddy sent me a nice looking 600 ace skidoo with under 1000 miles for like 7 grand.  There's still alot of fair deals out there which tells me those super overpriced sleds might not be selling.

I still see lots of 19's listing for more than I paid for my 19 otd when it was new.

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The problem is so many of those sleds are 6-8+ hours one way for him, and now we are less then 2 weeks out from race season.

That El Tigre is tempting, but on an 80 or 81 Cat with no sparky-spark, it is a quick hard-no.  Goofy ignition that can be very hard to get parts for.

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The problem is so many of those sleds are 6-8+ hours one way for him, and now we are less then 2 weeks out from race season.

That El Tigre is tempting, but on an 80 or 81 Cat with no sparky-spark, it is a quick hard-no.  Goofy ignition that can be very hard to get parts for.

Is Iowa just across town or something?  That being said, there's some minty sleds in Iowa.

The Cross Country (imo) would be a great starting point.  Ticks all the 'nice to have' boxes, easy to work on, parts are relatively cheap and it appears one could run it as is and tinker from there.  I tossed the Tiger in there, because Vintage and I've seen much worse for more $ recently :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is Iowa just across town or something?  That being said, there's some minty sleds in Iowa.

The Cross Country (imo) would be a great starting point.  Ticks all the 'nice to have' boxes, easy to work on, parts are relatively cheap and it appears one could run it as is and tinker from there.  I tossed the Tiger in there, because Vintage and I've seen much worse for more $ recently :lol:  

That was like 3-4 weeks ago when he was looking at that one.  Less then 2 weeks out from race season makes it a tough go of it when you only want to run ice races and stay on a Cat.  

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That was like 3-4 weeks ago when he was looking at that one.  Less then 2 weeks out from race season makes it a tough go of it when you only want to run ice races and stay on a Cat.  

which part of MN is he in ffs?   google maps, plan a three sled route and figure it out  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

which part of MN is he in ffs?   google maps, plan a three sled route and figure it out  :lol:

Basically 2.5-3 hours west of the Shitties.

I've given up on finding him a sled.  One week his is super particular, the next week he is happy as a pig in slop to pay 2x what some ratted out POS is worth just to have something.

I found him a $1300 98 600 that was "good enough", a VMAX 600 that ran and drove for $250 and looked decent, and a EX570 for $400 or $500 that I all thought would do well on the ice in the classic class, or at least get his sorry ass out there.

I was really pushing for the VMAX.

Snow Goer's Top Sleds of 1996, Part IV | SnowGoer

Edited by racinfarmer

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Basically 2.5 hours west of the Shitties.

I've given up on finding him a sled.  One week his is super particular, the next week he is happy as a pig in slop to pay 2x what some ratted out POS is worth just to have something.

ahhhhhh, send him this link https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nhm/4218208723.html

• Haha 1

I am sure I could of held out a little more money, maybe 1500, but time spent dealing with people on a old sled is just not worth to me. Sunday morning about 11am I decided to sell that sled, by 2 that afternoon it was on a truck and gone, listing was removed and I was done with reading dumb ass offers and stupid questions. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You should have seen the F6 we went and looked at for him.  Drove over 2 hours one way, spend less then 3 minutes looking over it, and turned around and left empty handed.  

The guy was surprised we were so quick to leave.  I told him I'd give him $250 and hope to recover my money parting it out. 

I have never seen a "good running driving" machine that bad before.  Minimum of 1" of sludge in the entire bellypan.  All 3 pinned weights were unpinned and worn into the side of the clutch, rollers completely missing, just horrible.  I don't know how one lets a sled get THAT bad!

It shouldn't have taken us 3 minutes to finger out it was a massive pile...

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You should have seen the F6 we went and looked at for him.  Drove over 2 hours one way, spend less then 3 minutes looking over it, and turned around and left empty handed.  

The guy was surprised we were so quick to leave.  I told him I'd give him $250 and hope to recover my money parting it out. 

I have never seen a "good running driving" machine that bad before.  Minimum of 1" of sludge in the entire bellypan.  All 3 pinned weights were unpinned and worn into the side of the clutch, rollers completely missing, just horrible.  I don't know how one lets a sled get THAT bad!

It shouldn't have taken us 3 minutes to finger out it was a massive pile...

with all this technology we have to text, email, take pictures and video and actually talk to people - you might have saved yourself four hours and three minutes you'll never get back with some due diligence.  now, scummy lying fucks trying to sell things... that's a whole nutha thread in the making.

when I was looking for a SnoPro I found three I wanted to check over.  One in Green Bay, one south of Milwaukee and one near Eau Claire.   Planned a route to look at all of them, left with $ in hand, first sled in GB was not as good in person as the pics, drove to a dealer near MWKE and it was exactly what I wanted - left a $100 CC deposit to hold it until Monday at noon, then drove to EC, sled was nice looking from 10 feet, then I start inspecting and there was hidden sin.  Called dealer by MKE, told him I'd be down the following Saturday morning with the rest of the $ in cash.  600 miles round trip in the truck in one day, and a done deal.  still have it, still love it.  

drove to Benton IL for my bass boat, 923 mile day - only because I stayed at my aunts near Racine

flew to Kentucky to inspect/buy a car, drove home around 700 miles and made it home by midnight

some times you've just gotta leave your area code  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

with all this technology we have to text, email, take pictures and video and actually talk to people - you might have saved yourself four hours and three minutes you'll never get back with some due diligence.  now, scummy lying fucks trying to sell things... that's a whole nutha thread in the making.

when I was looking for a SnoPro I found three I wanted to check over.  One in Green Bay, one south of Milwaukee and one near Eau Claire.   Planned a route to look at all of them, left with $ in hand, first sled in GB was not as good in person as the pics, drove to a dealer near MWKE and it was exactly what I wanted - left a $100 CC deposit to hold it until Monday at noon, then drove to EC, sled was nice looking from 10 feet, then I start inspecting and there was hidden sin.  Called dealer by MKE, told him I'd be down the following Saturday morning with the rest of the $ in cash.  600 miles round trip in the truck in one day, and a done deal.  still have it, still love it.  

drove to Benton IL for my bass boat, 923 mile day - only because I stayed at my aunts near Racine

flew to Kentucky to inspect/buy a car, drove home around 700 miles and made it home by midnight

some times you've just gotta leave your area code  :lol:

I'm not afraid to leave the area code for something I want. 

The last hauler came from California, sight unseen, after it sat in pretty much the desert for the better part of 5 years.  All 18 new tires, a good onceover at the local Freightshaker dealer, and we hit the road back to the midwest.  Left it at the place that built the coach and trailer for a refurb and skin jobber.  

The current one came from Arkansas.

Now when it comes to this particular friend, he is a little different and I'm just along for the ride. :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not afraid to leave the area code for something I want. 

The last hauler came from California, sight unseen, after it sat in pretty much the desert for the better part of 5 years.  All 18 new tires, a good onceover at the local Freightshaker dealer, and we hit the road back to the midwest.  Left it at the place that built the coach and trailer for a refurb and skin jobber.  

The current one came from Arkansas.

Now when it comes to this particular friend, he is a little different and I'm just along for the ride. :lol:

is he willing to ride a.... ahhh fuck I can't ruin the surprise!  click this https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bnd/5771300137.html

• Haha 2