Check your account email address ×

Election 2021 Thread

Election day tomorrow.  Locally it is the Minneapolis mayor, city counsel, and their proposal to replace the police with a department of "public safety" (which I'm sure will pass).

Dems about to get wrecked in Virginia with the governors race.  If Virginia elects a Republican to statewide office, 2022 is going to be a landslide.

image.thumb.png.9aff6542eb48b3e7a93a1f7f4fde1171.png

You absolutely know the morons we have in this state (MN) will vote blue ... the ones in the Cities anyway.  I'm sure Frey will live to see another term and all of the liberal proposals will go through without a lot of pushback.

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You absolutely know the morons we have in this state (MN) will vote blue ... the ones in the Cities anyway.  I'm sure Frey will live to see another term and all of the liberal proposals will go through without a lot of pushback.

Quite honestly I hope that town gets what they deserve, which is no police.  I won't go anywhere near the place.  And the current Mayor Small Frey would be the best option they have - he's actually come out AGAINST that #2 ballot question of defunding the police, along with the Chief of Police, and the Firemans Union.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Of course they will but it won't be the ones in the crime ridden neighborhoods that vote for it.

Frey isn't expected to win.  He's a conservative compared to most of the other candidates.  With the ranked choice voting it will probably take a week or more to figure out who won.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Election day tomorrow.  Locally it is the Minneapolis mayor, city counsel, and their proposal to replace the police with a department of "public safety" (which I'm sure will pass).

Dems about to get wrecked in Virginia with the governors race.  If Virginia elects a Republican to statewide office, 2022 is going to be a landslide.

I'll be shocked if McAuliffe DOESN'T win...

I'll also be shocked if the metro votes to keep the Minneapolis PD.  Too many people in strategic places that stand to gain from its demise.  They get the government they deserve.

Just now, soeaster said:

I'll be shocked if McAuliffe DOESN'T win...

I'll also be shocked if the metro votes to keep the Minneapolis PD.  Too many people in strategic places that stand to gain from its demise.  They get the government they deserve.

I'll be shocked if Youngkin doesn't win.  McAuliffe has run a terrible campaign.  His whole "parents shouldn't have a say in what the schools teach their kids" was a position only the liberal elite can relate to.

Minneapolis will  be another Portland or San Francisco before long.  Back in college we used to go all over and have a fun time.  Wife used to work downtown at night.  Now we hardly ever go down there.  Really the only time now is the State Fair or Supercross.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'll be shocked if Youngkin doesn't win.  McAuliffe has run a terrible campaign.  His whole "parents shouldn't have a say in what the schools teach their kids" was a position only the liberal elite can relate to.

Minneapolis will  be another Portland or San Francisco before long.  Back in college we used to go all over and have a fun time.  Wife used to work downtown at night.  Now we hardly ever go down there.  Really the only time now is the State Fair or Supercross.

The Shitties is just someplace we have to drive thru to get to somewhere else right now.

That sucks because there are lots of things we used to like to do there, even as recently as 3-4 years ago.  Go biking, out to deal, breweries, just driving around, etc.  Now it is keep on driving to Hudson or Rochester or further.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Shitties is just someplace we have to drive thru to get to somewhere else right now.

That sucks because there are lots of things we used to like to do there, even as recently as 3-4 years ago.  Go biking, out to deal, breweries, just driving around, etc.  Now it is keep on driving to Hudson or Rochester or further.  

Same here.  Used to go down there all the time.  At least once a week in grad school. 

Now usually hit up 35E to specifically avoid Minneapolis.  I don't care if it's 45 mph through.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Don't forget rent control . I can't wait for the massive spike every renter gets before this can be implemented .  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not really that bad imho . I never worry in the city .I would not attempt to raise a family there any more  but to just go to a festival or a park or a game no big deal . That said there are deff places I would not go hang out alone after dark .

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The reason I say that is, look who the the president is.  Most votes EVER by a candidate?!  Doesn't make ANY sense at all.  Therefore, a generally democratic state with a former governor and HUGE Clinton lacky, it wouldn't surprise me if he "miraculously" won.  I don't believe things are on the level.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.

As far as MN goes, I live among the cows and rocks as our esteemed governor so eloquently put it.  He's a jackass but that's an entirely different story.  I have nothing but contempt for the metro and 99% of the decisions they've made for the rest of the state.  Minneapolis PD, from what I understand, hasn't been a necessarily upstanding department, however, lots of things go on in the metro that never make the news and allow many of the do-gooders in this state to live their lives of denial.  My sister-in-law is one of those people so I've seen it firsthand.  I avoid the metro as much as I can.  I used to be a big Twins fan but skipped it this year because I have no desire to 1) contribute $$ to pro (woke) sports teams, and 2) go anywhere downtown for any reason and spend any of my hard earned dollars in that shithole.  Enough of my money already goes there.  Ok, rant over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Not really that bad imho . I never worry in the city .I would not attempt to raise a family there any more  but to just go to a festival or a park or a game no big deal . That said there are deff places I would not go hang out alone after dark .

I used to feel pretty safe walking from Target Center down First Ave towards Washington, not so much anymore.  Convention Center or Uptown same thing.  It seems the North West section up by US Bank is still reasonable.  But that is about it.

12 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Youngkin up big in Virgina but no one is calling the race.

Gonna be tough to cheat their way into a win at this point……but they’re gonna burn the midnight oil!

Funny as fuck at Mcauliff HQ.  Sparse crowd (social distancing) and wearing masks. :lol:
Youngkin’s: elbow to elbow….I can’t see a mask at all.

”Parents need to mind their own business in their kids education!!!”

Oops.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gonna be tough to cheat their way into a win at this point……but they’re gonna burn the midnight oil!

Funny as fuck at Mcauliff HQ.  Sparse crowd (social distancing) and wearing masks. :lol:
Youngkin’s: elbow to elbow….I can’t see a mask at all.

”Parents need to mind their own business in their kids education!!!”

Oops.

I saw two in masks.  One was a camera for one of the lib networks.  The other was handing out horderves.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

republicans stole the race. check the vOtInG mAcHiNeS. They're owned by the Koch Brothers. Arrrrrguhhh

Don’t say quit yet!  Your team is scheming as hard as they can.  Sounds like they are under plenty of eyes though.  DRAT!!!!

Still, I have faith in the Dems…they are really good liars and cheats.  NEVER SAY LOSE!!!!