Check your account email address ×

Damn phone....

ckf

My Pixel 4XL has started to randomly turn off regardless of the battery level. After many searches I found the answer....you can't put the phone down, or in your pocket facedown. WTF???

Google will replace the phone, but I would be without a phone during the process.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

My Pixel 4XL has started to randomly turn off regardless of the battery level. After many searches I found the answer....you can't put the phone down, or in your pocket facedown. WTF???

Google will replace the phone, but I would be without a phone during the process.

Do you have an actual store you could work through, to go in and get the phone replaced & activated immediately - so you wouldn't have to be without a phone for more than a few minutes?

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Do you have an actual store you could work through, to go in and get the phone replaced & activated immediately - so you wouldn't have to be without a phone for more than a few minutes?

No, I live in the sticks,lol. 2 hour drive to the nearest store. I'll probably end up getting a Samsung S21 and then send this one in. I'll either keep it as a backup or ditch it on fleabay.

Buy a cheap refurb something that fits your sim. Then get yours fixed.

I have a spare phone, and a 4g tablet as back ups.. I wreck at least a phone a year and can not be without it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm waiting for the 6 to replace the 4a 5G i have.  i got my old one waterlogged and the 5a was not out yet so i got a replacement 4.   

I thought about that too, but don't want to wait . I use my phone to fly my drone. And you know what season is coming, lol.  $$$

Just now, Voodoo said:

Buy a cheap refurb something that fits your sim. Then get yours fixed.

I have a spare phone, and a 4g tablet as back ups.. I wreck at least a phone a year and can not be without it.

Not a bad idea, but it still needs to run my drone app that requires a bit of processing power.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I thought about that too, but don't want to wait . I use my phone to fly my drone. And you know what season is coming, lol.  $$$

Tried flying my drone with my phone, it sucks.

Ipad is much better, buy you can't walk around with it.

Beers on the picnic table is better anyway.

Until you have too many beers and crash it into something....from experience lol

Edited by Voodoo

Just now, Voodoo said:

Tried flying my drone with my phone, it sucks.

Ipad is much better, buy you can't want around with it.

Beers on the picnic table is better anyway.

Until you have too many beers and crash it into something....from experience lol

Haha. I fly from the car most of the time. As much as I would like a bigger screen, it's just to big and bulky for the small controller of the Air2s. 

Just now, ckf said:

Haha. I fly from the car most of the time. As much as I would like a bigger screen, it's just to big and bulky for the small controller of the Air2s. 

Got ya. I have an air 2.

Extension cable works well when seated for ipad.

Needed the phone to walk around the bush with the chain saw to find, and cut down the tree it was in.

Second time I got to use the backhoe to shake the tree it was in.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Got ya. I have an air 2.

Extension cable works well when seated for ipad.

Needed the phone to walk around the bush with the chain saw to find, and cut down the tree it was in.

Second time I got to use the backhoe to shake the tree it was in.

I've been pretty careful the past several years. That's not to say it couldn't happen, lol

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

You don't need a new phone, your just setting up your excuse next time you send one into the drink or a tree!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

You don't need a new phone, your just setting up your excuse next time you send one into the drink or a tree!  :lol:

:bigfinger:Boat dropper :lol:

I just got home and I did have a scary moment, lol. I lost connection at 6900 feet out. Nothing for 2 to 3 minutes. Luckily the automatic return to home worked. I finally got a signal when it got back to 3500 feet away.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Watch this

https://youtu.be/ub82Xb1C8os

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Almost 4 years for an iPhone X. I still have a 5s and 6s that look and work like the day I got them. I’m done getting a phone every year. I’ll keep the X until it dies. I will say that the MacBook Air with the M1 chip has been nothing short of amazing. Photo and video processing speed is incredible 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:bigfinger:  :lol:

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Almost 4 years for an iPhone X. I still have a 5s and 6s that look and work like the day I got them. I’m done getting a phone every year. I’ll keep the X until it dies. I will say that the MacBook Air with the M1 chip has been nothing short of amazing. Photo and video processing speed is incredible 

I got 3 years out of my S8+ and Nicole's uncle is still using it.

As for computers I am still happy with my Lenovo gaming PC for editing. The only times that it is somewhat slow for images is when I am trying to merge 30 or 40 frames in LR for a HDR panorama. It does fine with 4k h.265 video too. I haven't even tried 5.4k on the new drone. 4k takes up enough hard drive space, lol.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

LOL

I have a $85 Motorola TracFone that works just fine for trolling morons.

:lol2:

:lol: Be careful because I can RR you with any of the emotions that you might use here :lol:

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

:bigfinger:  :lol:

I got 3 years out of my S8+ and Nicole's uncle is still using it.

As for computers I am still happy with my Lenovo gaming PC for editing. The only times that it is somewhat slow for images is when I am trying to merge 30 or 40 frames in LR for a HDR panorama. It does fine with 4k h.265 video too. I haven't even tried 5.4k on the new drone. 4k takes up enough hard drive space, lol.

Nothing I have uses 5.4K. I’m sure the MacBook could make quick work of it. It slices through 4K without a hiccup. It was only $849 on Amazon. I had a bunch of health insurance credits that knocked off $150. It’s a bargain for what you get.