Check your account email address ×

Damn phone....

ckf

3 hours ago, ckf said:

I've been pretty careful the past several years. That's not to say it couldn't happen, lol

Just FYI.

I bought the insurance package for it, DJI care free or something like that. $70 ish USD.

First tree I clipped broke the gimbal  mount and something else they found on inspection.

DJI paid the freight both ways, to Texas, no customs bull crap.

Sent me an as new drone.

Maybe a week or so.

You get 2 crashes or 1 crash and a total loss. Like it goes to the bottom of the lake etc, for that money.

Paid  for itself already. I’d buy it again

I really should avoid sport mode, after beers lol.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Just FYI.

I bought the insurance package for it, DJI care free or something like that. $70 ish USD.

First tree I clipped broke the gimbal  mount and something else they found on inspection.

DJI paid the freight both ways, to Texas, no customs bull crap.

Sent me an as new drone.

Maybe a week or so.

You get 2 crashes or 1 crash and a total loss. Like it goes to the bottom of the lake etc, for that money.

Paid  for itself already. I’d buy it again

I really should avoid sport mode, after beers lol.

I bought the DJI  care with my Mavic Air 2. I think it transferred over to the guy I sold it to on Ebay.  I didn't get it this time around. Last I knew State Farm offers a personal property coverage for drones. I guess it runs between $60 and $80 per year. No questions asked for fly a ways or crashed drones. Full retail price minus a $50 deductible.  

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I ordered a unlockex 5a 5g for my wife from googel store on Monday for like 450 with quick shipping got it on wend afternoon . 

That's what I ended up doing. It's half the price of the S21+. I'll send the 4xl in for repair/replacement after I get the 5a. It should fetch a few hundred on eBay after I get it back. 

Well, the tiny article that I found that said not to put the phone face down or in your pocket was correct. I've been keeping up face up all weekend without it turning off. Not thinking this morning I placed it face down on the end table and it shut down. This just seems very strange to me. Google doesn't mention anything about this. All they say is that it is a battery issue.

1 hour ago, CFM said:

How do you not keep it in your pocket at times ? That would be very inconvenient.

Yes it is.  :wall:

1 hour ago, snatchslayer said:

We've been sticking with Samsung phones. Best phones we've had. The sonys we had were garbage.  Only Motorola phones we had were many moons ago, flip phones . There were awesome . 

I'm to cheap to buy an S21, lol. We have 3 other Google Pixel phones on our plan without any issues. I ordered a new Pixel 5a for $450 that should be here Tuesday.  Same quality camera that I am used to for a decent price at less than $500.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes it is.  :wall:

I'm to cheap to buy an S21, lol. We have 3 other Google Pixel phones on our plan without any issues. I ordered a new Pixel 5a for $450 that should be here Tuesday.  Same quality camera that I am used to for a decent price at less than $500.

I would have thought you'd be rolling around in gold like Scrooge McDuck after all those strong arm extortion tactics :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, snatchslayer said:

We've been sticking with Samsung phones. Best phones we've had. The sonys we had were garbage.  Only Motorola phones we had were many moons ago, flip phones . There were awesome . 

I get the Samsungs because it is ez for me to use them with all  my samsung TVs 

My wife was a apple person from yrs in creative departments all they used.  But she started on Google phones after opening her own online biz and likes them better 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I get the Samsungs because it is ez for me to use them with all  my samsung TVs 

My wife was a apple person from yrs in creative departments all they used.  But she started on Google phones after opening her own online biz and likes them better 

Apparently I can link our our cells to our smart TV,  but I lack the required brain activity to figure it oot lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snatchslayer said:

Apparently I can link our our cells to our smart TV,  but I lack the required brain activity to figure it oot lol

Lol I have 30 somthings that work for me . With a Samsung TV and phone it is just hitting a button on the TV and your phone will ask you if yiu want to screen share 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am over due for a new phone as my Pixel 3xl is the oldest phone I have had. Beginning of October the new pixel 6 should be around so I think that is my play.

I read about the 6. It sounds great, but I need something now. I just made the mistake of putting the 4 in my pocket. :wall:     Tomorrow's delivery can't come soon enough.

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Weird.  When Google has exchanged my phone they allow me to "buy" the replacement and then I send mine in and they credit the purcahse back.

I think it comes down to on a repair they are still trying to send the old one back instead of jsut swapping it,  i had to send my 4a in last month and they denied the warranty claim i was making for water and then sold me a refurb. 

Well, the new 5a is not as smooth scrolling as the 4XL was.  Not a big deal but noticable. I'll send the 4xl in for a battery repair and figure out what I will do after it comes back. Who knows, I might sell them both and buy the new Pixel 6 :lol:

19 hours ago, ckf said:

Well, the new 5a is not as smooth scrolling as the 4XL was.  Not a big deal but noticable. I'll send the 4xl in for a battery repair and figure out what I will do after it comes back. Who knows, I might sell them both and buy the new Pixel 6 :lol:

thats prob what I would do.   I'm going to order the 6 as soon as it's available. 

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

thats prob what I would do.   I'm going to order the 6 as soon as it's available. 

The 5a isn't a bad phone for the $$$ though. Great camera, decent screen and fair amount of storage for $450.

15 hours ago, ckf said:

The 5a isn't a bad phone for the $$$ though. Great camera, decent screen and fair amount of storage for $450.

the fact it is IPX makes me happy as i lost my last one to water.   but i want wireless charging as well so for hopefully 250 more i can go to a 6. I don't see going to a pro,  thats too big IMO

• Like 1