Check your account email address ×

Covid spikes.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If vaccinated people that can easily spread the virus stayed masked and we were still in a modified lockdown we wouldn’t be in this surge.  

vaccines people easily spreads the virus and contribute significantly to the spread of this virus. 

We're in a surge because it seems everyone can pass along the Delta variant. We're in a hospital surge because of the unvaccinated. Please note the difference. 

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

No, from what we're learning anyone can spread the delta variant, but do we care if everyone who wanted the vaccine was able to get it? It still prevents the severity of it, which is what we've always been concerned with.

I guess I’d wonder about the ones that wanted it and weren’t able to get it.  Who are these retards?  Seems all municipalities are running vaccine surpluses and god knows, you can get jabbed damn near everywhere.

But, I guess on a country where people don’t know how to get an ID……

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

We're in a surge because it seems everyone can pass along the Delta variant. We're in a hospital surge because of the unvaccinated. Please note the difference. 

It’s neat when we have a new member that believes all the media has to offer.

D4F770B5-0CAD-4E94-8C61-3C1AA4927084.gif

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 7/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Highmark said:

Dude I was simply commenting on how influenza can limit hospital capacity no different than COVID.   I wasn't specifically referring to your article talking about July.  If I was I would have mentioned it before now.   You are making incorrect assumptions.

Now that its been brought up.  Your article doesn't mention if COVID was the only cause of capacity issues.

Yes summer injuries and residencies can cause an uptick in summer months.   ER visits dramatically go up in July and young starting doctors are more likely to submit patients as well has have errors.   I'm not claiming COVID had zero to do with increased hospitalizations any time of year.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/07/03/hospital-emergency-room-visits-fourth-of-july/

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

"You guys"   :lol:  Where was that theory posted on here?

35 minutes ago, akvanden said:

You did. "Right now its spiking in southern and western states where its hot as fuck and people are inside more."

I'm talking COVID spiking not the flu.  :lol: Warm southern states had a spike different than other states did in 2020 and we know most transmission is from the home. 

An earlier post I was saying influenza can cause hospital capacity issues and was not saying it was in the summer.   Just a general comparison.

Again you're making incorrect assumptions.   I suggest brushing up on your reading comprehension or less reliance on your bias.  

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

No links or charts? Factual evidence of these claims? Surely the same shit you would here regurgitated on most any MSM outlet, for sure. I love how certain we are of things we know so little about. I remember this from somewhere not long ago……

After spending some time in Florida last couple months I was surprised at the number of people wearing masks?

mostly black and Hispanics wearing them.

also red tide on gulf coast keeping people off beaches.

image.thumb.png.f6791c6b0524922e452bf019564f6b6b.png

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm talking COVID spiking not the flu.  :lol: Warm southern states had a spike different than other states did in 2020 and we know most transmission is from the home. 

An earlier post I was saying influenza can cause hospital capacity issues and was not saying it was in the summer.   Just a general comparison.

Again you're making incorrect assumptions.   I suggest brushing up on your reading comprehension or less reliance on your bias.  

The threads title is COVID spikes, not flu spikes - not following where the flu comment is coming from. 

5 minutes ago, X2700 said:

After spending some time in Florida last couple months I was surprised at the number of people wearing masks?

mostly black and Hispanics wearing them.

also red tide on gulf coast keeping people off beaches.

image.thumb.png.f6791c6b0524922e452bf019564f6b6b.png

Lots of people still following political orders from their mother ship.  Virtue signaling has no time expiration.  Still tons of blacks wearing them when I left GA.  In fact, almost exclusively at times.

25 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No links or charts? Factual evidence of these claims? Surely the same shit you would here regurgitated on most any MSM outlet, for sure. I love how certain we are of things we know so little about. I remember this from somewhere not long ago……

Refer to post number 5.

As for MSM - the very first post is a graph from the CDC

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

You guys say your theories with such absolute certainty. "the flu goes away during summer, unless it's too hot then it comes back"

Since you want to talk about Florida, here we go.

• Florida at a record number of COVID hospitalizations
  • Throughout Florida, from Jacksonville to Miami to Tampa, hospitals have become overwhelmed.
  • Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare's chief communications officer said the hospital has 70 patients in its COVID-19 unit — an increase of 11 in just two days since Friday and the highest the hospital has seen since the start of the pandemic. The vast majority of the patients hospitalized now, according to Derzypolski, are unvaccinated.
  • hospitals are already having to divert ambulances to different locations because of capacity concerns.
  • At Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, there were 17 patients with COVID-19 on Friday, including six in the ICU and one who needed a ventilator, Dr. Marcos Mestre, vice president and chief medical officer, told the Miami Herald.
  • The Mayo Clinic hospital in Jacksonville said it had exceeded its capacity of 304 licensed beds due to COVID-19 cases and asked the Agency for Health Care Administration for permission to operate overcapacity until the current surge ends
  • At the UF Health North hospital emergency room in Jacksonville, COVID-19 patients once again were being put in beds in hallways due to a surge in visits.
  • According to a recent Washington Post poll, refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine has now become completely politicized in the USA. Among Democrats, 93% report that they’ve already gotten at least one shot or are likely to, compared with only 49% of Republicans.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-breaks-record-covid-19-174130613.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/08/02/covid-cases-vaccines-pandemic-cdc-biden-fauci/5449325001/

https://news.yahoo.com/commentary-why-many-republicans-refusing-102200925.html

7 minutes ago, akvanden said:

The threads title is COVID spikes, not flu spikes - not following where the flu comment is coming from. 

You brought it into it.  :lol:  

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You brought it into it.  :lol:  

I know, and it's in quotes because it's the dumb shit people pawn off covid as on this site: "it's just the flu" "It's just a cold", etc etc

It's called heavy sarcasm and quoted for a reason.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

:lol:

Edited by akvanden

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I know, and it's in quotes because it's the dumb shit people pawn off covid as on this site: "it's just the flu" "It's just a cold", etc etc

It's called heavy sarcasm and quoted for a reason.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

:lol:

:lol:  Nice try.  I knew exactly what you were trying to accomplish then your idiotic 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  Nice try.  I knew exactly what you were trying to accomplish then your idiotic 

Yes, you took the sarcastic quote literally and made a reply post about it.

5 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Yes, you took the sarcastic quote literally and made a reply post about it.

Just stop dude.    :lol:   I commented on the "you guys" part first.    

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just stop dude.    :lol:   I commented on the "you guys" part first.    

Ok you win. I changed the subject to flu for some reason, because that makes sense. :smack:

"The spike in FL is from the flu because it's too hot and people are inside." - that was sarcasm with quotes, don't take it literally. 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The states with the lowest vaccination rates have the highest positive cases and deaths.

WHAT THE FUCK DON’T YOU MORONS GET?

It's the heat - that's the correlation. (Highmark - that was sarcasm, don't take it literally) :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The states with the lowest vaccination rates have the highest positive cases and deaths.

The shot.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, akvanden said:

I don't know, what could be worse, testing positive and not going to the hospital, or testing positive and going to the hospital. Hmmm, I wonder. 

I tested positive and they told me to stay home. 

I also want to know about the natural antibodies produced from those of us who contracted the disease and recovered.  Its so hard to weed through the agenda driven bullshit from each side and find even a kernel of truth.

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I tested positive and they told me to stay home. 

I also want to know about the natural antibodies produced from those of us who contracted the disease and recovered.  Its so hard to weed through the agenda driven bullshit from each side and find even a kernel of truth.

This is the only truth I know.  I have had DIRECT contact with MANY people that have gotten sick.  Are other people getting sick?  Yes.  So take care of yourself, while I go on living life as I see fit for ME.  Haven't they said all along that some people won't have any reaction to the Covid??

This is my philosophy:  You do yours, and I'll do mine.  

Edited by Mag6240

4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

This is the only truth I know.  I have had DIRECT contact with MANY people that have gotten sick.  Are other people getting sick?  Yes.  So take care of yourself, while I go on living life as I see fit for ME.  Haven't they said all along that some people won't have any reaction to the Covid??

This is my philosophy:  You do yours, and I'll do mine.  

It doesn’t work that way anymore. Just wait, people pissing their pants over this shit will see to it. 

50 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

LOL…nobody pays any attention to you anymore unless they want to kick your face in.  :lol2:

44 minutes ago, akvanden said:

It's the heat - that's the correlation. (Highmark - that was sarcasm, don't take it literally) :thumbsup:

My bad.  This guy.  Ahahahha

• Thanks 1