Check your account email address ×

Discuss

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My bad then.  Who employs these workers then?

All you needed for evidence as to who enables who was this Corona bullshit

Pre Corona....rich people said poor people didn’t deserve anything more than $9 an hour and a fuck you and if they didn’t like it they could fuck right off.

Corona happens and all the poor people stayed home.

Rich people got their gravy train cut right the fuck off and all of the sudden they could pay all kinds of incentives and raises and bonuses to get the worthless poor people to work.

without the working class the rich aren’t shit. 

every 100 years we should slit their fucking throats and light all their shit on fire just to remind them who really has the power 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

It is more than 100k 

A kid/ guy who worked for me for 5 yrs he managed a car wash before starting with me . He  moved back to his home town in North Eastern MN cabin countery about 1.5 yrs ago .

He made just north of 100k year 1  .

Imho did not have all the skills perfected to remodel high end  homes on his own but good enough to send out to ww2 ramblers on his own  obviously it dose not matter how good you are in cabin countery if you show up you are gold . 

I have thought about it but it is hard to walk away from what I built . I won't even take new customers unless they are a family member or real close friend of a existing customer.  Been that way for over 10 yrs now . 

Remodels I could see being way higher but I was thinking even smaller stuff.  Basic things like plumbing leaks, minor electrical, hanging fans and light fixtures, staining a deck, landscaping, winterizing plumbing, paint, drywall repair, clearing downed trees, pressure washing, replacing torn off shingles, etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Remodels I could see being way higher but I was thinking even smaller stuff.  Basic things like plumbing leaks, minor electrical, hanging fans and light fixtures, staining a deck, landscaping, winterizing plumbing, paint, drywall repair, clearing downed trees, pressure washing, replacing torn off shingles, etc.

From what I have seen just getting a guy to show up then do the job is almost impossible.  Thing is cabin countery is not what it once was full of the do it your self guys they have mostly been replaced by the it is our summer home or our other lake house. But what do you expect when a 3 season is 240k 3.5 hrs out of tge metro. 

Yep just picking money off a tree . Biggest pita in cabin countery is having all the shit you need in the truck so you don't spend a 1.5 hrs running to get parts 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Pre Corona....rich people said poor people didn’t deserve anything more than $9 an hour and a fuck you and if they didn’t like it they could fuck right off.

Rich people got their gravy train cut right the fuck off and all of the sudden they could pay all kinds of incentives and raises and bonuses to get the worthless poor people to work.

every 100 years we should slit their fucking throats and light all their shit on fire just to remind them who really has the power 

That’s neat and all….and we’ll written up.  But, didn’t answer my question.  Or, did it?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That’s neat and all….and we’ll written up.  But, didn’t answer my question.  Or, did it?

I don’t even remember typing all that. I think I got the covid brain fog 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don’t even remember typing all that. I think I got the covid brain fog 

So should I ignore the PM you sent me saying I was right and you were wrong and you're sorry???:lol:

1 minute ago, HSR said:

So should I ignore the PM you sent me saying I was right and you were wrong and you're sorry???:lol:

That pm would be the first time I was ever wrong!!!  

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ah another angry little Marxist...I hate to tell you but the rich got richer during covid. Maybe if you focused on creating wealth for yourself,  you would be less worried with what someone else has. 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah that’s bullshit 

It isn't bullshit...who do you think funds all of those ebt cards, wic checks, section 8 housing, subsidized daycare, subsidized health care, Pell grants, covid stimulus checks, Obama phones and the list goes on... it is a true fact that the people that fund they system have no access to it. 

11 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It isn't bullshit...who do you think funds all of those ebt cards, wic checks, section 8 housing, subsidized daycare, subsidized health care, Pell grants, covid stimulus checks, Obama phones and the list goes on... it is a true fact that the people that fund they system have no access to it. 

Wut? Rich people don’t pay for that shit. Good god man

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

If I were in the trades I'd consider moving to cabin country and opening a handyman type business catering to high end customers.  Focus on customer service and reliability to build a loyal customer base.$

That's a $100k+ per year job right now in a low COL area.

Almost did it before I met my wife. It’s not that illustrious. I know a lot that have moved “up north” with the goal or using their skills/trade to make them all that money. Every, single, one of them, have turned into lazy asses living just like the locals. 

For me it would be maintaining/fixing toys but people that can afford them either maintain them or buy new when they start having problems. There is more money to be made in storage of said toys, IMO. 

7 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

There are people constantly posting on an area Facebook page here (Mille Lacs Lake) looking for that exact type of thing.

Yeah you can’t get anything done in northern Michigan. It’s always been that way. 

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

The left doesn't actually want more middle class.

They want to promise you the middle class.  But they will always have the boogeyman excuse for why you can't get there.  This is why they're always stoking the culture war, they don't give a fuck about anybody anything except for getting re elected so they can make more$.

They need to keep people poor and dependent on the government.  And hating each other.  That's why they try to separate us by race, sex, class.

Hey, I don't hate you 'cause you're gay!!!

Well, yeah I do!! :ashamed:

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey, I don't hate you 'cause you're gay!!!

Quit fucking up threads with this gay shit. You have a thread ,use it.

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

Wut? Rich people don’t pay for that shit. Good god man

Well who does then...the top 10% pay 85% of all the taxes. Or do you believe that the government pays for all that...

Question, where does the govt get its money. 

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Well who does then...the top 10% pay 85% of all the taxes. Or do you believe that the government pays for all that...

Question, where does the govt get its money. 

Most like him believe the top 10% have gigantic loopholes to get out from under their tax burdens and fuck everyone else in this country along the way. 

• Gold Member

The richest 1% pay an effective federal income tax rate of 24.7%. That is a little more than the 19.3% rate paid by someone making an average of $75,000. And 1 out of 5 millionaires pays a lower rate than someone making $50,000 to $100,000.

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/tax-fairness-briefing-booklet/fact-sheet-taxing-wealthy-americans/

35 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

The richest 1% pay an effective federal income tax rate of 24.7%. That is a little more than the 19.3% rate paid by someone making an average of $75,000. And 1 out of 5 millionaires pays a lower rate than someone making $50,000 to $100,000.

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/tax-fairness-briefing-booklet/fact-sheet-taxing-wealthy-americans/

24.7% of 2 million is a heck of a lot more than 19.3% of 75k...

Will show who pays what percentage of tax burden