Check your account email address ×

Discuss

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The data shows the top 1% as having the highest average income tax rate.  All we hear about are the exceptions, which need to be addressed in the tax code.

The other piece that is missing is property tax, sales tax, and state/local income tax.

that stuff is immaterial is a discussion about Fed taxes.    people can chooe their state city county based on what taxes they are willing to pay/income to make.  I like in a state with high prop tax but no sales or income because it works for me.  I could move 15 miles in either direction pay less in property tax but pay 5-9% income tax and 5-6% sales tax in either ME or MA.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that stuff is immaterial is a discussion about Fed taxes.    people can chooe their state city county based on what taxes they are willing to pay/income to make.  I like in a state with high prop tax but no sales or income because it works for me.  I could move 15 miles in either direction pay less in property tax but pay 5-9% income tax and 5-6% sales tax in either ME or MA.  

Sure, that is true.  Just trying to point out federal are only a portion of what most filers will pay in taxes and that on average, the wealthiest pay the majority of taxes at the highest effective rates.  What the wealth pay is disproportional to their percentage of income earned.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what everyone's "fair share" is.

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I would prefer things expressed in some sort of disposable income scale that’s based on some type of sliding living criteria. 

38 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sure, that is true.  Just trying to point out federal are only a portion of what most filers will pay in taxes and that on average, the wealthiest pay the majority of taxes at the highest effective rates.  What the wealth pay is disproportional to their percentage of income earned.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what everyone's "fair share" is.

Flat rate...the progressive tax rate is a marxist idea. 12.6% of a million is still a lot more than 12.5% of 60k

• Like 1