Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Rick Ware Racing signs Ryan Newman for Cup Races

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (May 5, 2023) – Ryan Newman, winner of 18 NASCAR Cup Series races, has joined Rick Ware Racing for select events during the 2023 season.

Recently named one of NASCAR’s 75 Greatest Drivers, Newman will make his first start with the team at Darlington Raceway on May 12.

To date, Newman has made 725 Cup starts earning the 18 victories plus 51 poles, 117 top-five and 268 top-10 finishes.

“I am grateful for the opportunity to work with Rick Ware Racing and Ford,” Newman said. “I think this will be good for all of us with our combined experience and knowledge.

“Being part of the Throwback Weekend at one of my favorite tracks in Darlington is pretty special. After recently being named one of NASCAR’s 75 Greatest Drivers, it carries even some significance.”

Team owner Rick Ware recognized Newman’s talents early on.

“I remember watching ‘Thursday Night Thunder’ on ESPN and seeing Ryan compete against some stout competition in those days,” said Ware. “I became a fan then and when he first came to NASCAR, I knew he was going to be a great driver and win a lot of races.

“He brings great depth and insight to RWR while we continue to grow our team. Ryan’s been a great ambassador for our sport and Ford. We’re really looking forward to racing with him this season.”

In 26 starts at Darlington, Newman has recorded 7 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes, with an average finishing position of 12.3 during his career.

@ryannewman1977 
@nascar 
@fordperformance 
@darlingtonraceway 
@rickwareracing

Gees, kinda sad to see Ryan Newman signing up to run a field filler car.

Love the guy but this is hanging around too long. I hope there is more there for him than I think.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Logano, Gibbs, Hamlin

Gonna take a chance on the kid.

So am I….trying to spread some of my picks out so I have some good ones left late in the season.

Reddick, Suarez, Byron

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So am I….trying to spread some of my picks out so I have some good ones left late in the season.

Logano, Gibbs, Suarez

I usually try to go for 2 top tier drivers and one dud per week.

Byron, Larson and Wallace. I think that the Toyotas will be strong today. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Reddick, Suarez, Byron

Byron two laps down…that’s what I get for listening to the prerace on XM 90 and dumping Gibbs and picking up Willie B.:smack:

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Great finish and some postrace action as well!👊🏻😂

IMG_1233.thumb.jpeg.99150616fcc2bf405e37597efeb91327.jpeg

What happened here? I don't have fS1 anymore so I didn't see the race

When you're sad that you lost the race on the final lap but then you see an Amish guy and a watermelon farmer get into a fight and suddenly that frown turns upside down and you realize there's so much beauty in the world.

IMG_1234.thumb.jpeg.9a5fcd0dff06eb9f509f80cd748e44b7.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What happened here? I don't have fS1 anymore so I didn't see the race

Gragson felt like Chastain did him dirty and wrecked him which he didn’t IMO so he confronted him on pitroad…afterwards Noah said he was taking one for the team.😂

Larson was leading but Hamlin ran him down and gave him the chrome horn and won the race.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Great finish and some postrace action as well!👊🏻😂

IMG_1233.thumb.jpeg.99150616fcc2bf405e37597efeb91327.jpeg

I missed the race. I see Chastain mustve Chastained someone again.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/264702122568197?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I missed the race. I see Chastain mustve Chastained someone again.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/264702122568197?mibextid=9drbnH&s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Gragson seemed to think so but he really didn’t…Chastain is just that guy now right or wrong.🤷🏻

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

That interview with Larson, he completely stopped mid sentence!  Classic...

Any suspensions coming from that incident??  

That was awesome.🤣

Ryan Newman’s races in the No. 51 will be at Richmond, Martinsville and Bristol, because of lower speeds. However, he’s running this weekend at Darlington in order to be eligible for the All-Star Open.

“I told them I was only going to do this if we can have fun. If it isn’t fun, it’s not worth me doing. Somebody else can do it. I think they feel the same way.

“I don’t think the car is as safe as it should be or as safe as they say it is on the big tracks. I don’t need to be a crash test dummy. I’ve already got two bars named after me. I don’t need a third.”

Source: https://bit.ly/42yvYHg

IMG_1240.jpeg.1bdc103afa55048f42279181c361e4b4.jpeg

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ryan Newman’s races in the No. 51 will be at Richmond, Martinsville and Bristol, because of lower speeds. However, he’s running this weekend at Darlington in order to be eligible for the All-Star Open.

“I told them I was only going to do this if we can have fun. If it isn’t fun, it’s not worth me doing. Somebody else can do it. I think they feel the same way.

“I don’t think the car is as safe as it should be or as safe as they say it is on the big tracks. I don’t need to be a crash test dummy. I’ve already got two bars named after me. I don’t need a third.”

Source: https://bit.ly/42yvYHg

IMG_1240.jpeg.1bdc103afa55048f42279181c361e4b4.jpeg

Guys on the 51 crew were saying Juan Montoya may drive the car at Indy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

Guys on the 51 crew were saying Juan Montoya may drive the car at Indy.

That would be cool as hell.👍🏼

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was  watching that race…friggin crazy shit.😂

And some say Nascar is boring.  With the flame thrower cautions to no gloves fights, what other sport offers that much entertainment in one venue?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nascarmike said:

Or maybe Hot as Hell.

Juan.JPG

That incident changed a lot of procedures.

We got briefed about the Chicago race and there's still a lot of open issues.  This will not be a normal race by any means.

• Like 1