Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

GMS is probably receiving even less support from Chevy now that they have announced that they are switching to Toyota next year.

Very good point…going to be a long season for them.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Very good point…going to be a long season for them.

It should pay off for them next year. From what I have heard they wil be getting full Toyota support like JGR and 23 11.  Trackhouse HMS and RCR are the only Chevy teams getting full support from the manufacturer.

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

It should pay off for them next year. From what I have heard they wil be getting full Toyota support like JGR and 23 11.  Trackhouse HMS and RCR are the only Chevy teams getting full support from the manufacturer.

Oh wow….that’s good to hear as I’m a big Erik Jones fan…a fellow Michigander.👌🏻

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cousin Carl!!!!!!

Heard Carl will be in the announcers booth for stage 2.

Good guy retired to early.

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

Heard Carl will be in the announcers booth for stage 2.

Good guy retired to early.

Yep and I agree that he left too soon.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep and I agree that he left too soon.

Carl was really a class act when you seen him in the pits and interacting with the fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Carl was really a class act when you seen him in the pits and interacting with the fans.

Good to hear…on another note this race has been a snoozer so far.

5 hours ago, Doug said:

Edwards was an asshole those last couple years. His ego was growing at an alarming pace.

But he definitely had a few more good years of racing in him. It will always be a question as to what the real reason was that he left.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Edwards was an asshole those last couple years. His ego was growing at an alarming pace.

But he definitely had a few more good years of racing in him. It will always be a question as to what the real reason was that he left.

Seen him many times in the pits without the cameras on him and aways interacted well with the fans.

There is/was other drivers that wouldn't give any interaction with fans unless there was cameras around for a good will show.  One female driver was one of the worst.

Edited by Doug

Rick Hendrick calling out Ross Chastain “for wrecking his cars”….apparently he wasn’t watching Saturday when Larson wrecked Nemecheck for the win. I call it good hard racing but apparently he disagrees.😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Rick Hendrick calling out Ross Chastain “for wrecking his cars”….apparently he wasn’t watching Saturday when Larson wrecked Nemecheck for the win. I call it good hard racing but apparently he disagrees.😂

Was interesting to listen to Larry McRenyolds review of the throttle position for the last 2 restarts.  Larson, Byron and Harvick all lifted for a second going into turn one. Chastain never lifted.

Looked like Larson didn't lift when Chastain was crossways on the nose of his car after the caution came out. 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Was interesting to listen to Larry McRenyolds review of the throttle position for the last 2 restarts.  Larson, Byron and Harvick all lifted for a second going into turn one. Chastain never lifted.

Looked like Larson didn't lift when Chastain was crossways on the nose of his car after the caution came out. 🤣

I heard Larry Mac say that and Larson really did give ‘ol Ross a sideways  push for a good distance.😂

• Haha 1

Listening to XM 90 and now Jeff Gordon is crying about Chastain as is Pete Pistone and Mike Bagley…FFS 

The endless blame Chastain game is getting old.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Listening to XM 90 and now Jeff Gordon is crying about Chastain as is Pete Pistone and Mike Bagley…FFS 

The endless blame Chastain game is getting old.

I missed the race again yesterday. Saw some highlights. From what I saw, Larson literally did the same to Chastain the start before, only Larson didn't get turned. Nascar wants people to go for wins, that's the shit that's gonna happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I missed the race again yesterday. Saw some highlights. From what I saw, Larson literally did the same to Chastain the start before, only Larson didn't get turned. Nascar wants people to go for wins, that's the shit that's gonna happen. 

I agree a little - Larson kept himself straight, and didn't dive across the front bumper like Chastain did.  But what ever... don't care either way.

I'm no Chastain fan, but that would have been the biggest FU had he pulled out the win yesterday... 

• Like 2

Just now, Mag6240 said:

I agree a little - Larson kept himself straight, and didn't dive across the front bumper like Chastain did.  But what ever... don't care either way.

I'm no Chastain fan, but that would have been the biggest FU had he pulled out the win yesterday... 

They've both qualified for the chase probably with their wins. I personally love what Chastain is doing. I like even more that he's not one of the boys and couldn't care less about getting along in the coach parking lot.

• Like 1

With Chastain some of his aggressiveness is not buying him anything but a bad reputation.  Last year at Martinsville and yesterday for the win could see that.  But the middle of the race moves that are not buying you stage points or getting a lap back are getting him nothing but guys pissed at him.

If your going to make aggressive moves make it for a win, stage points or something that's going to benefit you.

He's now been involved in how many situations and haven't had a win in over a year.

Just now, Doug said:

With Chastain some of his aggressiveness is not buying him anything but a bad reputation.  Last year at Martinsville and yesterday for the win could see that.  But the middle of the race moves that are not buying you stage points or getting a lap back are getting him nothing but guys pissed at him.

If your going to make aggressive moves make it for a win, stage points or something that's going to benefit you.

He's now been involved in how many situations and haven't had a win in over a year.

Hey now…he and Hamlin made peace! 🤣

10 minutes ago, Doug said:

So basically you just want everyone to ride around and only try for a few laps leading up to the stages and the end of the race.

Fucking boring. 

Intimidating the other drivers is a good thing imo. Hell Dale sr. had guys shitting their pants when they saw him in the rear view mirror. 👍

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So basically you just want everyone to ride around and only try for a few laps leading up to the stages and the end of the race.

Fucking boring. 

Intimidating the other drivers is a good thing imo. Hell Dale sr. had guys shitting their pants when they saw him in the rear view mirror. 👍

No if your going to make aggressive moves get something out of it.  Dale Sr did it but also won races.  Dale Sr would give a couple warning shots before moving a driver.

Ross shoots from the hip and hopes he hits something.  Sometimes innocent bystanders gets caught up in his hip shoots.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey now…he and Hamlin made peace! 🤣

My next race is St Louis where the Chastain Hamlin friendship was born.  I'm sure that won't be talked about that weekend.

• Like 1