Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

May be an image of ‎3 people and ‎text that says '‎when 2 race dads are fighting because their spoiled kids keep wrecking each other on purpose the InFIeld GRACTOR GIRE 8צ92 Okay, now, let's all calm down. You're grown men. Arlen Hospital can't handle two bypasses at once.‎'‎‎

LOL.  When Joey Lagano first started driving for Gibbs it was normal for Joey's dad to lose his shit.  More than once his dad got into some Nascar officials face when they were still on pit road during the race.  He actually ended up losing his Hard card which he basically couldn't be on pit road during the race for the remainder of a season.

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

LOL.  When Joey Lagano first started driving for Gibbs it was normal for Joey's dad to lose his shit.  More than once his dad got into some Nascar officials face when they were still on pit road during the race.  He actually ended up losing his Hard card which he basically couldn't be on pit road during the race for the remainder of a season.

Most places I race, you'd get DQ'ed for the night if the person is signed in to the pits under you.

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Most places I race, you'd get DQ'ed for the night if the person is signed in to the pits under you.

What kind of cars do you race?

SMH

NASCAR to use mufflers in Chicago, keep lakefront accessible

NASCAR tweaked its Chicago street race plan after meeting with residents who live near the 2.2-mile racecourse

With roughly 50 days until downtown Chicago becomes a NASCAR track, officials have made a few tweaks to their plan for the city’s inaugural street race.

Residents who live near the 2.2-mile racecourse voiced their concerns at a meeting with NASCAR officials in April.

And in response, NASCAR says it will limit car noise, keep access to the Lakefront Trail open to pedestrians — by way of Monroe Street and Roosevelt Road — and set aside some green space for public access during the racing festival’s weekend activities.

Preliminarily street closures for the July 1-2 events will begin June 10 near Grant Park.

But NASCAR Chicago Street Race President Julie Giese said after incorporating feedback from park neighbors, most of those closures won’t begin until the week of June 25.

RELATED
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

SMH

NASCAR to use mufflers in Chicago, keep lakefront accessible

NASCAR tweaked its Chicago street race plan after meeting with residents who live near the 2.2-mile racecourse

With roughly 50 days until downtown Chicago becomes a NASCAR track, officials have made a few tweaks to their plan for the city’s inaugural street race.

Residents who live near the 2.2-mile racecourse voiced their concerns at a meeting with NASCAR officials in April.

And in response, NASCAR says it will limit car noise, keep access to the Lakefront Trail open to pedestrians — by way of Monroe Street and Roosevelt Road — and set aside some green space for public access during the racing festival’s weekend activities.

Preliminarily street closures for the July 1-2 events will begin June 10 near Grant Park.

But NASCAR Chicago Street Race President Julie Giese said after incorporating feedback from park neighbors, most of those closures won’t begin until the week of June 25.

RELATED

There's a lot more than that that's going on.  A lot of issues are still not worked our as of last week.

What would have been…tore the heart right out of Kyle, Richard and Petty Enterprises.

23 years ago today, NASCAR lost Adam Petty.

Petty would have turned 43 this July.

IMG_1245.thumb.jpeg.524d3174a5280f70728ecfa25d701e5d.jpeg

• Sad 2

For those of you guys that are in the pool, stay away from the 45 this weekend as it looks like there will be penalties announced on Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

What would have been…tore the heart right out of Kyle, Richard and Petty Enterprises.

23 years ago today, NASCAR lost Adam Petty.

Petty would have turned 43 this July.

IMG_1245.thumb.jpeg.524d3174a5280f70728ecfa25d701e5d.jpeg

Testing in New Hampshire…

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Testing in New Hampshire…

Practice I think in New Hampshire.  Kenny Erwin Jr. also was killed the same weekend during practice or qualifying.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Practice I think in New Hampshire.  Kenny Erwin Jr. also was killed the same weekend during practice or qualifying.

I remember being at Loudon for the fall race after the deaths. They ran restror plates and there was no passing during the race. Jeff Burton led every lap, I think? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I remember being at Loudon for the fall race after the deaths. They ran restror plates and there was no passing during the race. Jeff Burton led every lap, I think? 

Bad deal.  The larger teams actually called their Engineers in to dyno motors with the restictor plates on through the night.  

I think they changed the track after that also.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Bad deal.  The larger teams actually called their Engineers in to dyno motors with the restictor plates on through the night.  

I think they changed the track after that also.

I don't recall them changing the track with the exception of adding the safer barriers when they came out. Back then we used to go to the fall race every year. We went to a few July races after they finally became available to us. Way to hot for me to be sitting in aluminum bleachers, lol.  The September races were much more comfortable.

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't recall them changing the track with the exception of adding the safer barriers when they came out. Back then we used to go to the fall race every year. We went to a few July races after they finally became available to us. Way to hot for me to be sitting in aluminum bleachers, lol.  The September races were much more comfortable.

That's probably what changed with the softballs.

Last weekend we've been to Kansas where the temps were in the 30's and froze the water in the buckets that hold the canapés down.  Also had it so hot that a local reporter passed out and we had to bring her into our trailer and call first aid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Chastain, Bubba, Reddick

Reddick is likely going to get penalized this week. You might want to swap him out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

Reddick is likely going to get penalized this week. You might want to swap him out.

Thanks, swapped him for Stenhouse. Let’s see if Ricky can keep it off the wall for an entire race….lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks, swapped him for Stenhouse. Let’s see if Ricky can keep it off the wall for an entire race….lol

I have Stenhouse, Elliott and McDowell.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I thought hard about Ricky…🤔

48 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have Stenhouse, Elliott and McDowell.

I considered  Elliott as well…he’s historically not great at Darlington but he’s been running well since returning. Erik Jones is really good here but he’s been ill all weekend and Petty/GMS/Legacy has taken a step backwards this season.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I thought hard about Ricky…🤔

I considered  Elliots well…he’s historically not great at Darlington but he’s been running well since returning. Erik Jones is really good here but he’s been ill all weekend and Petty/GMS/Legacy has taken a step backwards this season.

GMS is probably receiving even less support from Chevy now that they have announced that they are switching to Toyota next year.

• Like 1