Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dumbass Hamlin gets a pit road penalty and how about Josh Berry finishing 2nd.👊🏻

I didn't see Josh coming up. Good on him. He was dismal in the car the first couple races.

Question. How long will RCR keep Austin in that car?  I'm guessing as long as they can find a sponsor that just needs a car that shows up.

CKF, I see you took a dump in the points like I did. You were in the top 10 last I looked.

I rallied back to 24th today.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't see Josh coming up. Good on him. He was dismal in the car the first couple races.

Question. How long will RCR keep Austin in that car?  I'm guessing as long as they can find a sponsor that just needs a car that shows up.

CKF, I see you took a dump in the points like I did. You were in the top 10 last I looked.

I rallied back to 24th today.

Yes, I went backwards after the HMS drivers got their points back.  :(

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bristol Dirt…how do you feel about this race?

I'm not working this race.  The dirt race has run it course as far as I'm concerned.  These cars are not dirt cars and really don't put on a good show.  The best races there are before and after the Nascar races.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LOL, Nascar didn't like the HMS penalty reversal so they went after them again and got the 24 and 48.

NASCAR has released the post-race penalty report from the Cup Series race at Richmond Raceway and the Craftsman Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.

The Hendrick Motorsports teams of #24-William Byron and #48-Alex Bowman were both penalized following inspection at the NASCAR R&D Center.

Both were issued L1 penalties for:

Sections 14.1 D: Overall Assembled Vehicle Rules; 14.1.2.B: Engineering Change Log; 14.5.6.B: Greenhouse

The penalties were:

Crew chiefs (Brian Campe & Greg Ives) were fined $75,000 and suspended from two NASCAR Cup Series championship points events, beginning, April 13 (after Bristol).
The teams and drivers were assessed with the loss of 60 points and 5 NASCAR Playoff points.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

LOL, Nascar didn't like the HMS penalty reversal so they went after them again and got the 24 and 48.

NASCAR has released the post-race penalty report from the Cup Series race at Richmond Raceway and the Craftsman Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.

The Hendrick Motorsports teams of #24-William Byron and #48-Alex Bowman were both penalized following inspection at the NASCAR R&D Center.

Both were issued L1 penalties for:

Sections 14.1 D: Overall Assembled Vehicle Rules; 14.1.2.B: Engineering Change Log; 14.5.6.B: Greenhouse

The penalties were:

Crew chiefs (Brian Campe & Greg Ives) were fined $75,000 and suspended from two NASCAR Cup Series championship points events, beginning, April 13 (after Bristol).
The teams and drivers were assessed with the loss of 60 points and 5 NASCAR Playoff points.

Haha….the whole appeals panel deal is goofy…Kaulig who is affilated with HMS got it worse over the modified louvers than HMS. They appealed again so we’ll see.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha….the whole appeals panel deal is goofy…Kaulig who is affilated with HMS got it worse over the modified louvers than HMS. They appealed again so we’ll see.

Like Jr said on his podcast, Nascar needs to be more transparent with the whole penalty process. HMS got caught before the cars even went out on the track. I'm not sure if Kaulig was the same :dunno:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Like Jr said on his podcast, Nascar needs to be more transparent with the whole penalty process. HMS got caught before the cars even went out on the track. I'm not sure if Kaulig was the same :dunno:

Jr. is right and I’m pretty sure the circumstances were the same for both teams other than their appeals were heard by different panels.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:16 PM, Blackstar said:

Bingo! As long as a sponsor is willing to spend the money will dictate how long he stays in the car.

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Here's the way a dirt race is supposed to look.

Yup. This weekend's dirt race has run it's course. The cars aren't designed to be on dirt.

Watched the highlights of the truck race and it's time to move away from the dirt.  It's like having a football game on a hockey ring.  Just not good entertainment.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 7:51 PM, Doug said:

I'm not working this race.  The dirt race has run it course as far as I'm concerned.  These cars are not dirt cars and really don't put on a good show.  The best races there are before and after the Nascar races.

If they want better racing on dirt, NASCAR really needs to be A) committed to making in a long term thing a couple times a year and B) let the teams build a dirt track style car, or buy dirt late mode chassis and put a NASCAR style body on them or something.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, Doug said:

Kyle Larson's winning car from last night 👍

FB_IMG_1680916649720.jpg

That is one way to make it much harder to tech deck height/droop.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Watched the highlights of the truck race and it's time to move away from the dirt.  It's like having a football game on a hockey ring.  Just not good entertainment.

Larson pretty much sums it up here.

• Like 2