Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

🤣🤣👍🏼

D1A6851F-D3C7-40F7-B42B-D937F616141D.jpeg.5dca45ba5e2eabd802fa62c0800e260c.jpeg

If they were looking to swap pit crews with Bubba why didn't they take Denny's.  Denny normally gets a pit road penalty anyway.  Why handicap Bell.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Didn’t see this one coming….

Wasting away at Childress as long as Austin is there imo.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Didn’t see this one coming….

That will make 2023 interesting for Richard Childress, kind of a low blow.  You want your team competitive for you and the sponsors but if you know the guy is leaving at the end of the year for another team and manufacture how much information and support do you put around the leaving driver.

This does have a touch of Denny Hamlin written all over it.  If another team did that with Kurt Busch Denny would already be crying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I’m guessing there will be another Austin in the 8 after Reddick leaves…Austin Hill…and he’ll be a better driver than Dillon as well.👍🏼

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Austin appears to be more interested in making reality shows.  Tyler was the more dedicated driver and the results showed.  They should pull Austin and put him in an administrative roll with the team like they did with his dad.  Get a driver that wants to race instead of just being in the spot light.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

Austin appears to be more interested in making reality shows.  Tyler was the more dedicated driver and the results showed.  They should pull Austin and put him in an administrative roll with the team like they did with his dad.  Get a driver that wants to race instead of just being in the spot light.

Amen…especially considering he drives the 3…doesn’t represent it very well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Amen…especially considering he drives the 3…doesn’t represent it very well.

Its interesting to see some of the interaction between the drivers and team during and after practice.  Some drivers get out of the car talk to the crew, explain what the car is doing, look at the car with the crew chief look at the tires and tire wear.  Others get out of the car talk for a minute or two and walk into the hauler.

Austin is get out of the car give me my cowboy hat and walk to the hauler.  On the other hand AJ Alimundinger when he lost his brakes on the Xfintity car during practice at Road American was talking to the crew and crew chief, looking at the brake calipers and master cylinders, getting the crew tools and hop back in the car to bleed the brakes.

The most impressive thing I seen was Jimmy Johnson lost a motor early during practice and Michigan.  By time the team pushed his car back into the garage stall to when they had the car fired up with a new motor was 18 minutes.  Jimmy never got out of the car and was handed tools to remove and install the shifter.  Chad Knaus was installing the air box as the car was being lowered off the jack stands and the car was back on the track before practice was over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Its interesting to see some of the interaction between the drivers and team during and after practice.  Some drivers get out of the car talk to the crew, explain what the car is doing, look at the car with the crew chief look at the tires and tire wear.  Others get out of the car talk for a minute or two and walk into the hauler.

Austin is get out of the car give me my cowboy hat and walk to the hauler.  On the other hand AJ Alimundinger when he lost his brakes on the Xfintity car during practice at Road American was talking to the crew and crew chief, looking at the brake calipers and master cylinders, getting the crew tools and hop back in the car to bleed the brakes.

The most impressive thing I seen was Jimmy Johnson lost a motor early during practice and Michigan.  By time the team pushed his car back into the garage stall to when they had the car fired up with a new motor was 18 minutes.  Jimmy never got out of the car and was handed tools to remove and install the shifter.  Chad Knaus was installing the air box as the car was being lowered off the jack stands and the car was back on the track before practice was over.

PopPop also put him in charge of some professional rodeo team they have…fits well with his Cowboy schtick.🤣

Dinger and JJ are Pros…Dillion isn’t.

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Bad Brad will be racing here in Vermont at Thunder Road tomorrow night. Hopefully he has better luck than he has this year in cup.

I'm not sure about Brad, one minute I think it's sub par equipment and then the next I'm not sure. Harvick is another guy like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I'm not sure about Brad, one minute I think it's sub par equipment and then the next I'm not sure. Harvick is another guy like that.

They are both kind of cold this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Buescher seems to run better than Brad just about every week. The Ford's in General don't seem all that strong :dunno: As for Happy..... Getting to old to take the risks???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Buescher seems to run better than Brad just about every week. The Ford's in General don't seem all that strong :dunno: As for Happy..... Getting to old to take the risks???

I don't see Harvick as a guy who's worried about risks. I think he's super frustrated with inferior equipment,  but who knows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve753 said:

I don't see Harvick as a guy who's worried about risks. I think he's super frustrated with inferior equipment,  but who knows.

Maybe their going to switch brands next year.  Tony's drag teams are all Dodge sponsored. 

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Maybe their going to switch brands next year.  Tony's drag teams are all Dodge sponsored. 

I would not count that out. It has been talked about back in the Sergio Marchionne days of them coming back.

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I would probably rather kill myself than attend a race in person. 

Just saying 🤣

Come to Watkins Glen with me end of August, I'll change your mind...

But I also agree nascar sucks compared to legit racing series

But the fucking Glen...

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Come to Watkins Glen with me end of August, I'll change your mind...

But I also agree nascar sucks compared to legit racing series

But the fucking Glen...

I'd go to any race that requires turning left, right, using the gas brakes and that focuses upon driver skill.  Road America comes to mind, dad used to take me for Indy car and IMSA races in my youth.  somewhere in my collection of shit my wife and daughter could care less about I have a hat signed by Willy T Ribbs (who did eventually race nascar), and I missed Paul Newman by a few minutes. 

further, I grew up at state park speedway and saw Dick Trickle, Dave Marcis, Mark Martin and other NASCAR racers in their younger times.  Dad worshipped Dale Earnhardt, and passed away a month before his death at Daytona.

todays Nascar format and the equality... no thanks 

• Like 1