Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Logano, Jones, McDowell 

Had to save a screenshot…..😁

My 2 teams both made the Big Loser list.

918BDBF6-B732-469C-9665-9A7F26FDF71D.png

LOL, I have been at the bottom lately too.

At least Jim did well last week :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

LOL, I have been at the bottom lately too.

At least Jim did well last week :bc:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.😂😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a message from the guys working the race and it doesn't look good weather wise.  Very hot and humid it's like walking through water.  Have their rooms tentative scheduled for and extra night

Resized_20220807_143657.jpeg

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

Got a message from the guys working the race and it doesn't look good weather wise.  Very hot and humid it's like walking through water.  Have their rooms tentative scheduled for and extra night

Resized_20220807_143657.jpeg

It rained hard and they are drying the track…hopefully the rain is done.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It rained hard and they are drying the track…hopefully the rain is done.

Shows more rain but it looks like it's breaking up and starting to go further Nth.  About 10 years ago worked the race and it rained Sunday and Monday. Finally ran the race on Tuesday and we didn't get home until Wednesday.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doug said:

Shows more rain but it looks like it's breaking up and starting to go further Nth.  About 10 years ago worked the race and it rained Sunday and Monday. Finally ran the race on Tuesday and we didn't get home until Wednesday.  

I was there for that shit show. Its started raining right after the Busch race on Saturday.

We went to the track on Sunday and the race was postponed to Monday. Monday came and it was still raining and calling for more.

2 days in a wet campground was enough for me. I said pack it up, we're going home. I had my Sirius radio in the truck. We were just outside Detroit when they said "the dryers are out, the cars were getting ready to go on the track". The wife is like "go back, we can still make it." I said "let have lunch. If they are racing when we get done, I'll drive back."

After lunch its was raining again and the race was pushed until Tuesday. I think the cars turned 10 laps.

Back to Canada we go. I listened to it on my Sirius the next day.

Sucky, shitty, expensive weekend....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was there for that shit show. Its started raining right after the Busch race on Saturday.

We went to the track on Sunday and the race was postponed to Monday. Monday came and it was still raining and calling for more.

2 days in a wet campground was enough for me. I said pack it up, we're going home. I had my Sirius radio in the truck. We were just outside Detroit when they said "the dryers are out, the cars were getting ready to go on the track". The wife is like "go back, we can still make it." I said "let have lunch. If they are racing when we get done, I'll drive back."

After lunch its was raining again and the race was pushed until Tuesday. I think the cars turned 10 laps.

Back to Canada we go. I listened to it on my Sirius the next day.

Sucky, shitty, expensive weekend....lol

We you involved in the mud slides in the camp ground?  We seen that on the way out.

I looked it up. It was 2007. Time flies.

Michigan, 2007. This race was the Texas two-step before the Autotrader Echopark Automotive Downpour 500 eclipsed it this week. Michigan International Speedway became the first race in the modern era to be delayed two consecutive days after heavy rains and fog drenched the track.

Kurt Busch wound up winning the event in what was a short turnaround for race teams. Bristol Motor Speedway’s August night race ran as scheduled that week. That meant everyone flew home Tuesday late, then turned around for haulers to enter Bristol by Thursday

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

We you involved in the mud slides in the camp ground?  We seen that on the way out.

No. We stayed at a campground a half hour away. Apple Creek Resort if I remember right. Near Grass Lake.

My dad started staying there in the 80's. He hated the bullshit camping at the track.

Edited by Blackstar

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I looked it up. It was 2007. Time flies.

Michigan, 2007. This race was the Texas two-step before the Autotrader Echopark Automotive Downpour 500 eclipsed it this week. Michigan International Speedway became the first race in the modern era to be delayed two consecutive days after heavy rains and fog drenched the track.

Kurt Busch wound up winning the event in what was a short turnaround for race teams. Bristol Motor Speedway’s August night race ran as scheduled that week. That meant everyone flew home Tuesday late, then turned around for haulers to enter Bristol by Thursday

No. We stayed at a campground a half hour away. Apple Creek Resort if I remember right. Near Grass Lake.

My dad started staying there in the 80's. He hated the bullshit camping at the track.

That one of the worst tracks to get in and out of.  Was supposed to work this race but had a family obligations so I had to back out.  Can't say I miss it.  In the garage air conditioning on, TV on and fixing shocks from a wrecked sled

20220807_134449.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doug said:

That one of the worst tracks to get in and out of.  Was supposed to work this race but had a family obligations so I had to back out.  Can't say I miss it.  In the garage air conditioning on, TV on and fixing shocks from a wrecked sled

20220807_134449.jpg

The exit from the track after the race has gotten much better. The last time we went was about 10 years ago. From parking spot to driving out the gates was about 45 minutes. Back 20 years ago it was usually 1.5-2 hours or more. And then you’d crawl for another hour until you hit one of the major highways towards Canada.

Race would end at 4-430pm and we’d be in the driveway at home between midnight and 1am. Long F’ing day. I was a lot younger.

One time we got up on Sunday and left home at 5am. Met my buddy’s at the campground, went to the race, Back home by midnight……lol

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The exit from the track after the race has gotten much better. The last time we went was about 10 years ago. From parking spot to driving out the gates was about 45 minutes. Back 20 years ago it was usually 1.5-2 hours or more. And then you’d crawl for another hour until you hit one of the major highways towards Canada.

Race would end at 4-430pm and we’d be in the driveway at home between midnight and 1am. Long F’ing day. I was a lot younger.

One time we got up on Sunday and left home at 5am. Met my buddy’s at the campground, went to the race, Back home by midnight……lol

Definently has gotten better.  If I ride with our boss and the trailer we normally leave with the haulers.  After the race most tracks designate a time when they hold traffic and let the haulers out.  

20210822_202251.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I love racing at tracks that work on getting the show in. 

A few years ago, we ran a regular Saturday night weekly race at one of our favorite tracks.  They were expecting rain and got a full show done and over with in 2 hours and 10 minutes.  I was pulling off the scale when the downpour started.  3 classes of mods, 2 classes of fendered cars, and 2 b-features.

Same track had rain the last day of a 3 day show.  Had tractors from both dealers and a local farmer out packing it in.  We changed motors while they did that.  Fastest I have ever been around that track.  Tacked up and you could put pretty much any car anywhere you wanted that night, top to bottom.  Had to get the hauler pulled out with a payloader the next morning.  

One year at Boone was a mudhole too.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Good for Harvick like to see the mix of winners this year.

Yessir…big win for Harvick.👊🏻😎

2nd, 4th and 8th today

2 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

Hey Doug, do these new cars sound louder on the track than last year?

On the infield yes because now they have the exhaust out both sides of the car.  The Gen 6 car had the exhaust coming out of the passenger side only.

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

On the infield yes because now they have the exhaust out both sides of the car.  The Gen 6 car had the exhaust coming out of the passenger side only.

When they were in a pack I could hear them inside the house with the TV going. Sounded like a muffled beehive. That has never happened before, even when they still had seating in 3 & 4.

4 hours ago, Doug said:

20220807_134449.jpg

Whooops! Looks like someone didn't stick the landing.

13 hours ago, Doug said:

Good for Harvick like to see the mix of winners this year.

Agreed. It's amazing that it took him 65 races to find victory lane again. Especially considering the run he was on at the time of his last win.

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed. It's amazing that it took him 65 races to find victory lane again. Especially considering the run he was on at the time of his last win.

Inferior equipment will do that. Harvicks a good company man. 

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Inferior equipment will do that. Harvicks a good company man. 

He’s also won something like the last 7 out of 10 races at Michigan but TBH Hamlin would have won easily if not for that last penalty…as it was he drove from way back to 3rd.