Check your account email address ×

Former McDonald's CEO warns $15 minimum wage directly contributing to fast-food industry's automation push

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

You won't live to see the consequences of your entitled generation insisting on this economy, but future generations will understand what the boomers did and why. 

Yes, its all the boomers fault.  Of course.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s just gotten so boring and unoriginal to debate with this type of circular rhetoric any longer.  Still somewhat amusing to watch though.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s just gotten so boring and unoriginal to debate with this type of circular rhetoric any longer.  Still somewhat amusing to watch though.  

It would be funny if he wasn't serious, but we're not talking about some fresh faced college freshman here.

Edited by DriftBusta

Just read how the economy is booming so hard under the leadership of Biden businesses are experiencing mass worker shortage due to not enough workers to fill all the positions.  I had a feeling that was what was happening. :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Just read how the economy is booming so hard under the leadership of Biden businesses are experiencing mass worker shortage due to not enough workers to fill all the positions.  I had a feeling that was what was happening. :lol: 

Does anyone actually believe this type of media spin?  Is it so hard to understand how the fix is in?

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Does anyone actually believe this type of media spin?  Is it so hard to understand how the fix is in?

Well, yeah.  Need to get that spending bill passed to help our small businesses!!!!!  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, its all bullshit.  People just don’t want to work.  Do you think if they offer 15 hr.  They will be turning applicants away at the door? 

This.   I have suppliers that can't fill positions paying over $20/hr with great bennies.  Seen in Minneapolis area placing advertising $24 hr starting and bennies.   

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

YES!  THIS IS IT FOR SURE!  OPEN THE BORDERS!!! WE NEED MORE APPLICANTS!!!  :lol: 

15 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Most just dont get it. 

Too damn hot down there they have to  move slower. I like the Southern Hospitality tho..

Amazing most of us all have to hustle on the side just to afford the outrageous cost of living a decent life nowadays without a handout. 

That said small business owners have it EXTREMELY tough right now and I wouldn't want to run a business personally unless it was just me. All the PC bullshit on top of the typical employee headaches no thanks ...

I'd have no interest in this shit and I feel like most who even own businesses feel the same way,  Many are relocating or just bailing out and setting their employees adrift.  Just had some good friends of ours sell their building and shit down their business after 25 years.  About half their employees were twats that continually attacked them on social media.  WOW...and they are SO MAD they are jobless now.  I just laugh.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You all bought in to the Reagan irrational exuberance. 

And now here we are, 4 decades later, stagnant wages, rising productivity, prices, and profits; along with MASSIVE amounts of debt of all types. All you did was continue to elect neoliberal dipshits that continued the illusion. You couldn't (and still can't) face the reality that you were hollowing out  and cannabilizing everything your parents built for you.

But y'all think this is a great economy you built of your own volition. 

No surprise coming from the credit card boomers...

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

YES!  THIS IS IT FOR SURE!  OPEN THE BORDERS!!! WE NEED MORE APPLICANTS!!!  :lol: 

I'd have no interest in this shit and I feel like most who even own businesses feel the same way,  Many are relocating or just bailing out and setting their employees adrift.  Just had some good friends of ours sell their building and shit down their business after 25 years.  About half their employees were twats that continually attacked them on social media.  WOW...and they are SO MAD they are jobless now.  I just laugh.

Right.  I got a line of them outside the door begging to work.   They are all hard workers that will work for nothing!   

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

And now here we are, 4 decades later, stagnant wages, rising productivity, prices, and profits; along with MASSIVE amounts of debt of all types. All you did was continue to elect neoliberal dipshits that continued the illusion. You couldn't (and still can't) face the reality that you were hollowing out  and cannabilizing everything your parents built for you.

Is this only happening in the United States?  What do you tell immigrants from Mexico?  I bet they don't think the US has stagnant wages.  What about other countries that don't make anything close to the "stagnant" wages here in America.  You know if you said something like this to a migrant worker, they would laugh in your face and wonder what kind of first world asshole thinks this way.   Millions of immigrants couldn't wait to get to the US to just get a piece of the American pie and become part of the greatest and most prosperous middle class in the world, but here you are calling American wages stagnant.   May I suggest going to live in another country for a while and try to live remotely as well as you do here.  It would be amazing how your thoughts would change.  You wouldn't have time or the money to think about stagnant wages.

Edited by racer254

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Sorry about your lack of tnw bro.  The rest of your blather is just ill informed, misdirected and fucking dumb.  You ain’t so woke.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Is this only happening in the United States?  What do you tell immigrants from Mexico?  I bet they don't think the US has stagnant wages.  What about other countries that don't make anything close to the "stagnant" wages here in America.  You know if you said something like this to a migrant worker, they would laugh in your face and wonder what kind of first world asshole thinks this way.   Millions of immigrants couldn't wait to get to the US to just get a piece of the American pie and become part of the greatest and most prosperous middle class in the world, but here you are calling American wages stagnant.   May I suggest going to live in another country for a while and try to live remotely as well as you do here.  It would be amazing how your thoughts would change.  You wouldn't have time or the money to think about stagnant wages.

hOw DaRe U tAlK aBoWt ReAl StAtIsTiX!!1!1!1!!1!! dAt Iz UnAmerican!!1!1!!!1!!

wHaTaBoWt vEnZuLa??!!!?!!

We had 4 years where we didn't need to talk about this type of shit, now dems are back in charge and it's the same old mantra.  Minimum wage, Abortion, religion, gun control, gender, Higher gas prices, racisim, MMGW. it is like they can't get out of the 60's and 70's.  Oh wait, the people running the democrat party ARE THE hippy's of the 60's and 70's.  A bunch of SJW's with no desire to work in the private sector.  Government paid for activism.

Edited by racer254

Anybody that is in a low skill, entry level service type position, designed for part time kids, who feels they aren’t making enough money should be able to quit that job and seek out more viable employment more suitable to their skill set.  This isn’t fair to make them continue to waste their time in these positions so clearly beneath them!

#lowskilllivesmatter

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

This.   I have suppliers that can't fill positions paying over $20/hr with great bennies.  Seen in Minneapolis area placing advertising $24 hr starting and bennies.   

It's bad here. We are running 5 10's with optional Saturdays and still can't keep up because of short staffing. Candidates don't even show up for interviews.

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Anybody that is in a low skill, entry level service type position, designed for part time kids, who feels they aren’t making enough money should be able to quit that job and seek out more viable employment more suitable to their skill set.  This isn’t fair to make them continue to waste their time in these positions so clearly beneath them!

#lowskilllivesmatter

If all these low-wage jobs are just for kids, why are those businesses open during school hours?

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

More generalizations of hot air.  What is enough money? 

No shit!   :lol:

WTF world are people living in.   No fucking clue how a business is run or works.  Smh.  

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

No shit!   :lol:

WTF world are people living in.   No fucking clue how a business is run or works.  Smh.  

Lmao. 

Imagine knowing that wages have been stagnant for 40 years and also being concerned that some hourly employee might be getting paid too much...

Do you guys even listen to yourselves?

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

hOw MuCh Iz EnUfF fOr GrEeDy WeRkUrS?!?!??!!!

aMILioN dOLlerS A wEEk !!!!!!!

When you have small businesses you have billions.  It is just taking your wheel barrel full of cash to the bank on Friday.  Sweet fuck!   :lol: