Check your account email address ×

Former McDonald's CEO warns $15 minimum wage directly contributing to fast-food industry's automation push

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Wtf are you talking about? I've said merit doesn't matter, repeatedly. Are you daft? 

You're trying to remain in denial of the facts. It's ok, I get it, the desire to maintain your fantasy and preserve your worldview is powerful. Some people just cannot handle cognitive dissonance.

When do you want to start working for me. You get a pat on the back every 8 hours. 

Merit is what the fucking world runs on . Are you daft. 

What does a world without incentive look like?

5 minutes ago, Roosting said:

When do you want to start working for me. You get a pat on the back every 8 hours. 

Merit is what the fucking world runs on . Are you daft. 

What does a world without incentive look like?

I have a feeling you're intentionally refusing to grasp what I'm saying so you can maintain your righteous indignation and rage. 

Seriously, how cucked by capitalism are you that you interpret the statement "wages need to rise regardless of merit" as "workers shouldn't get paid at all"? 

Edited by motonoggin

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Seriously, how cucked by capitalism are you that you interpret the statement "wages need to rise regardless of merit" as "workers shouldn't get paid at all"? 

sorry your not thinking in a way that represents the majority of intelligent people. Good day

Just now, Roosting said:

sorry your not thinking in a way that represents the majority of intelligent people. Good day

How fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand someone advocating for wages stimulating demand instead of debt spending. Sweet fuck you’re dense

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

How fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand someone advocating for wages stimulating demand instead of debt spending. Sweet fuck you’re dense

So you want a $100 an hour to do anything? Remember that when your business needs an extra hand. Be prepared to pay to there demands not your ability to pay. Sweet fuck you stuck on stupid

Just now, Roosting said:

So you want a $100 an hour to do anything? Remember that when your business needs an extra hand. Be prepared to pay to there demands not your ability to pay. Sweet fuck you stuck on stupid

I just hired a kid. I told him as soon as he learns to chain down a piece of equipment and getting around the sawmill I’d pay him $20. I can’t wait until he learns a few more things so I can pay him $30. When he’s proficient at a few other tasks and looks like he’s going to stick around I’m going to have a serious discussion with him about being paid much more and what he wants that to look like.

Im not a retarded asshole trying to hold people down like you

This is why America will fail

Dumb fucking cunts like above

Me - people should be paid enough for working full time not to have to be on welfare to eat.

Roostfag - SO YOU WANT TO PAY EVERYONE $100 DERPS DERRRR

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I just hired a kid. I told him as soon as he learns to chain down a piece of equipment and getting around the sawmill I’d pay him $20. I can’t wait until he learns a few more things so I can pay him $30. When he’s proficient at a few other tasks and looks like he’s going to stick around I’m going to have a serious discussion with him about being paid much more and what he wants that to look like.

Good for you though to pay somebody that shows some determination to pay more. Moto want you to pay the big wage regardless of merit. You just stated you pay due to merit so where do you actually stand here? So if your not a retarded asshole keeping people down with a reduced wage why are you doing just that?

Just now, Roosting said:

Good for you though to pay somebody that shows some determination to pay more. Moto want you to pay the big wage regardless of merit. You just stated you pay due to merit so where do you actually stand here? So if your not a retarded asshole keeping people down with a reduced wage why are you doing just that?

You’re a fucking moron.....nobody is advocating for everyone to make the same or some retarded figure. Just a living wage. I will pay the kid well more than a living wage before he’s actually earning it because I’m not a fucking greedy asshole

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

He wants to think I'm wrong because he thinks he  should disagree with me. 

If I said breathing was good, dude would probably pass out.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What do you pay him now?

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Moto, what do you pay people that work in the weed farm?? Everyone make the same amount as you? 

We aren't discussing me or microeconomics in general. 

Nice of you to try and change the subject, though. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You’re a fucking moron.....nobody is advocating for everyone to make the same or some retarded figure. Just a living wage. I will pay the kid well more than a living wage before he’s actually earning it because I’m not a fucking greedy asshole

Look I'm just poking holes on motos not well thought out  points of argument. I realize what a living wage is and expecting that while working at mcd's is absurd unless they start charging $18 for a big mac.

Why not take that ambition and go to a business that pays the living wage. If you payed your worker $10/h and he had greater expectations don't be surprised to see him go elsewhere. This is how it works not on the fault of the business in most cases but there are greedy assholes who take advantage of there employees. The cost of government on business is a large part of not having the $$$ to pay a higher wage where margins are slim due to market forces.

have a good weekend 

Just now, Roosting said:

Look I'm just poking holes on motos not well thought out  points of argument. I realize what a living wage is and expecting that while working at mcd's is absurd unless they start charging $18 for a big mac.

Why not take that ambition and go to a business that pays the living wage. If you payed your worker $10/h and he had greater expectations don't be surprised to see him go elsewhere. This is how it works not on the fault of the business in most cases but there are greedy assholes who take advantage of there employees. The cost of government on business is a large part of not having the $$$ to pay a higher wage where margins are slim due to market forces.

have a good weekend 

This just further demonstrates you know very little about economics 

I'm sure your local community college offers a macroecon 101 course, you should probably sign up for it if you want to actually talk intelligently about the subject. 

Just now, Roosting said:

have a good weekend 

Look man , I’m sorry I called you names. All I’m saying is I’m willing to pay a little more for my big Mac if the people working there full time could make $16-20 an hour after some experience. Hell they are paying $13-14 there now and the menu could withstand a bit of an increase. I just want people to be able to have a little comfort and breathing room and be able be off assistance.

Just now, motonoggin said:

We aren't discussing me or microeconomics in general. 

Nice of you to try and change the subject, though. 

Well you're advocating for it, so it should be known..:ashamed:

So do they all make as much as you?? Is pay equal across the board at the farm??

Are there entry level positions available with provided training that are paying as much as someone who has been there for years and knows exactly what they are doing with no oversight required??

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What do you pay him now?

$15 and I expect that to only be a month or 6 weeks. I basically just want to make sure he at least shows up. He just turned 21 and has zero skills aside from willingness to learn and that’s just fine with me.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Look man , I’m sorry I called you names. All I’m saying is I’m willing to pay a little more for my big Mac if the people working there full time could make $16-20 an hour after some experience. Hell they are paying $13-14 there now and the menu could withstand a bit of an increase. I just want people to be able to have a little comfort and breathing room and be able be off assistance.

Labor is a very small share of the cost of production. While worker wages have stagnated, worker productivity has steadily increased. That means there is less and less labor cost per unit produced. 

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Well you're advocating for it, so it should be known..:ashamed:

So do they all make as much as you?? Is pay equal across the board at the farm??

Are there entry level positions available with provided training that are paying as much as someone who has been there for years and knows exactly what they are doing with no oversight required??

Can you show me where I've ever said everyone should make the same?

Stop with the straw man bullshit. 

Just now, f7ben said:

$15 and I expect that to only be a month or 6 weeks. I basically just want to make sure he at least shows up. He just turned 21 and has zero skills aside from willingness to learn and that’s just fine with me.

Dude, I showed my son how to strap down equipment in 10min and he's good to go, loads the trailer..it doesn't a month-6weeks to train someone how to strap down a skid steer or anything for that matter to a trailer or a pallet..

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Can you show me where I've ever said everyone should make the same?

Stop with the straw man bullshit. 

Okay, so what do you pay to work on the farm?? Lowest and highest hourly rate and then we can divulge into why there are different rates..:ashamed:

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Dude, I showed my son how to strap down equipment in 10min and he's good to go, loads the trailer..it doesn't a month-6weeks to train someone how to strap down a skid steer or anything for that matter to a trailer or a pallet..

Yah....well being able to comfortably load and chain down an skidsteer and a 14k lb excavator on a few different trailers is gonna take more than 10 minutes. It’s not a fucking weed wacker on your landscape trailer. I also said he needs to learn his way around the sawmill and by that I mean just offbear and stack wood properly. He’s working 20hrs per week to start and I expect to have him close to full time by the fall.