Check your account email address ×

Ford Motor cancels $ 1.6 billion mexican plant , Will expand and invest in Flat Rock MI plant

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ford CEO Mark Fields gave an interview to CNN this morning in which he discussed the reasoning behind the decision. “Are you canceling the plans to build this huge plant in Mexico because of the President-elect?” CNN correspondent Poppy Harlow asked. “When we make decisions like this as a company we look at…first we do what’s right for our business,” Fields replied. “This makes sense for our business and we look at all factors including what we view as a more positive U.S. manufacturing business environment under President-elect Trump,” he added. “It’s literally a vote of confidence around some of the pro-growth policies that he has been outlining and that’s why we’re making this decision to invest here in the U.S.”

:snap: 

51 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My truck parked in front of one of Fords first plants,1910 I think. It's in Big Bay Mi. You can sled there,very cool to see. Now carry on Dip Shits.:bc:

image.jpg

Wheres the truck?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Women drive H3s.....women like to sit in the tub and have baths.

That's not funny at all. You not feeling good? Go cuddle with your purse dogs. 

Edited by Woodtick

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...let's skip your 45,000:1 shit.  I don't have that level of idiocy debunking in me again.

Ok, so here's what I tried to relay of my memory;  I remembered, Ford was the "hold out" on money from the government meaning they were the last to receive it.  I don't care what they did it for or what they used it for.  And again, to my knowledge their lobbying for it came with terms and conditions they were not wanting to accept to initially take the funds.  

Now, where am I wrong?

Simple, Ford lobbied to get GM and Chrysler TARP money, Ford asked for a loan to retool and for security in the uncertain times they were facing, Ford did not delay because of conditions or regulation put on them by Obama as you stated, that is the false part. (GM and Chrysler were in immediate danger,)( Ford wasn't that is why they were last.)  That's where you were wrong.

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

My truck parked in front of one of Fords first plants,1910 I think. It's in Big Bay Mi. You can sled there,very cool to see. Now carry on Dip Shits.:bc:

image.jpg

my great great grandfather sold ford a huge hunk of his farm in St Paul . he built a small plant there and used the sand to make windshield for the model T. it eventually became the plant for the ford ranger. and it is now townhomes in a town called Highland bordering St Paul on the Mississippi .

7 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

For more profit.  They sure as fuck weren't going to lower the prices of the vehicles, like the "get rid of the union's" retards think would happen. 

Ford didn't take any bail out money, to keep from going tits up, like Gubernment Motors and Fiat. :news:

Ford were lucky they already took the bailout money the year before and avoided forced bankruptcy :news: 

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Ford were lucky they already took the bailout money the year before and avoided forced bankruptcy :news: 

Ford never took a bailout...  They took a DOE ATVM loan.  Telsa, Nissan also took a loan from DOE for advance technology Vehicle Manufacturing.  You see thing with this loan for ford as the aluminum bodied pickups that have the greenest vehicle life cycle due to advanced plant efficiencies and the low carbon output of the life cycle of the pickup.  Also all the green technology upgrades to the plant to lower energy consumption and reduce carbon footprint.  Ford could have for gone taking the loan and kept producing vehicle in a less green manner and been fine as they just would have upgraded factories to do business in a greener fashion.

• Like 1

They were really giving it a good work over on ABC this morning.  Even after grilling Ford CEO about Trumps involvement in the decision, they were still not ready to concede a win for him. Running this  banner at bottom of story ...........Trump win ?

Not really a lot of jobs, he will have to do a lot better than this to keep the economy rolling. 9_9

Edited by Cold War

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Simple, Ford lobbied to get GM and Chrysler TARP money, Ford asked for a loan to retool and for security in the uncertain times they were facing, Ford did not delay because of conditions or regulation put on them by Obama as you stated, that is the false part. (GM and Chrysler were in immediate danger,)( Ford wasn't that is why they were last.)  That's where you were wrong.

That's not how what I read described what happened.  A loan from the government comes with "attachments".  And the Obama administration wanted Ford to have the same types of accountability that GM and Chrysler had to sign up for...when they didn't approve, beacuase they didn't have to, Obama back ended them anyway with new regs.

Obama couldn't just hand out bail out funds to two of the big three without giving the third some type of favor also.  That's meddling in private business so Ford got their cash a different way because they were less financially fucked up.  Obama and his clowns just figured out a way to "punish" them all for staying in the US. :lol:

I know, shit like this makes you feels sad inside when people talk bad about your idiot king.  IDGAF.

I shall call you....."Kill Ratio". :lmao:

27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

They were really giving it a good work over on ABC this morning.  Even after grilling Ford CEO about Trumps involvement in the decision, they were still not ready to concede a win for him. Running this  banner at bottom of story ...........Trump win ?

Not really a lot of jobs, he will have to do a lot better than this to keep the economy rolling. 9_9

The man isn't even president yet and already affecting our country in positive ways with a "hint" and some well timed "tweets".

It should make is all realize what kind of inept and hopeless leadership we've all endured over the last eight.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's not how what I read described what happened.  A loan from the government comes with "attachments".  And the Obama administration wanted Ford to have the same types of accountability that GM and Chrysler had to sign up for...when they didn't approve, beacuase they didn't have to, Obama back ended them anyway with new regs.

Obama couldn't just hand out bail out funds to two of the big three without giving the third some type of favor also.  That's meddling in private business so Ford got their cash a different way because they were less financially fucked up.  Obama and his clowns just figured out a way to "punish" them all for staying in the US. :lol:

I know, shit like this makes you feels sad inside when people talk bad about your idiot king.  IDGAF.

The man isn't even president yet and already affecting our country in positive ways with a "hint" and some well timed "tweets".

It should make is all realize what kind of inept and hopeless leadership we've all endured over the last eight.

More like the last 16.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: you dumb shit,  trump had absolutely nothing to do with this business decision, yet runs around taking credit for it. that's why the media is focusing on his nonsense. if Obama had run around taking credit for every new "investment" in the country he'd be the laughing stock. but when trump does it, he's the hero. lmfao.

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

in addition, had Obama "meddled" in corporate America like trump is doing he'd have been run out of dodge. but trump does it, you clowns roll out the red carpet. it's comical to watch, it really is.

Meddled :lol:. I'm ok with the pres shaming them into keeping jobs here and telling these corporate fucks not to build in Mexico. Few jobs here, few jobs there, it's going to add up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

in addition, had Obama "meddled" in corporate America like trump is doing he'd have been run out of dodge. but trump does it, you clowns roll out the red carpet. it's comical to watch, it really is.

:lol2:

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you dumb shit,  trump had absolutely nothing to do with this business decision, yet runs around taking credit for it. that's why the media is focusing on his nonsense. if Obama had run around taking credit for every new "investment" in the country he'd be the laughing stock. but when trump does it, he's the hero. lmfao.

Your bib slipped off and now you've got purée peas and carrots all down your one-sy.  

Get on your idiot phone-a-Lib and have somebody come over and clean you up. 

22 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Meddled :lol:. I'm ok with the pres shaming them into keeping jobs here and telling these corporate fucks not to build in Mexico. Few jobs here, few jobs there, it's going to add up. 

:lol: you and others are so full of shit. had Obama does such things you'd be saying things like

"who does the little emperor think he is"

"these companies need to offshore to stay competitive. he's actually going to kill jobs"

"gov needs to stay out of corporate America"

who do you think you're fooling? I've been corresponding with you clowns for about 10 years now.

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: you and others are so full of shit. had Obama does such things you'd be saying things like

"these companies need to offshore to stay competitive. he's actually going to kill jobs"

"gov needs to stay out of corporate America"

who do you think you're fooling? I've been corresponding with you clowns for about 10 years now.

No, and that is why you people are so fucked in the head.  Jobs being kept here is a good thing.  It doesn't matter who or how they are kept.

Get over your idiot selves.  Buncha whining hypocrite dip shits.

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

"these companies need to offshore to stay competitive. he's actually going to kill jobs""gov needs to stay out of corporate America"

I would have thought some of the brilliance would have rubbed off on to you by now. My bad.........